The best topic

Replies: 7380
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 05:05:17 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

When shit hits the fan the ability to be a Do It Yourselfer will be of grave importance

Started by Biggie Smiles, November 03, 2023, 02:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggie Smiles

So in this thread I'm going to be sharing lots of tips and tricks on survival prep tactics from making your own water filtration system to building out an entire solar backup system with a propane to solar backup

it may come in handy because, from where I sit, on the front lines of the cybersecurity landscape things are really starting to heat up. I'm being called in multiple times a day to help victims of cyberattacks and it's only a matter of time before one of these attacks gets through to the power grid.

In fact, knowing our gov I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they purposefully left the cyber doors wide open for such an attack.

So first tip.

Making fire.

Go to dollar tree and get yourself a couple of 9 volt batteries and some packages of steel wool. Store them way from each other of course. you can start a good fire with the battery coming in contact with the steel wool.

and while you're at the dollar tree also pick up some lighters and books of matches
Informative Informative x 1 Useful Useful x 1 View List

JOE

So Bigly, when you set up a solar panel system, does the homeowner need to hook into a digital network?

I thought that was the purpose of solar panels, to avoid being on the grid so you can make your own energy.

Or do state regulations require that solar home owners be hooked into electrical grid?

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on November 03, 2023, 08:26:37 PMdoes the homeowner need to hook into a digital network?

All the modern electricity is digital.

Analog electricity is obsolete.

Adolf Oliver Bush

Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

Frood

Agree Agree x 1 Informative Informative x 1 View List
Blahhhhhh...

caskur

"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Frood on November 04, 2023, 10:21:49 PMThere are dozens of ways to make fire. Practice as many as you can.

yep. this video has some informative ways

I also like the tinfoil and 3 AA batteries in series method

People need to get with the program as shit cannot continue like this for much longer.

On the front lines in the cybersecurity space I'm seeing it first hand. Infiltrations left and right. I've never, in my 28 year career seen as much hacking activity globally as I am seeing right now. I'm literally working 7 days a week right now
Agree Agree x 1 Winner Winner x 1 Informative Informative x 2 View List

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: caskur on November 04, 2023, 10:37:19 PMI thought the army and first responders were still analog.

And they would be wise to remain that way. EMP is a very real possibility
Winner Winner x 1 View List

Frood

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on November 04, 2023, 10:56:50 PMyep. this video has some informative ways

I also like the tinfoil and 3 AA batteries in series method

People need to get with the program as shit cannot continue like this for much longer.

On the front lines in the cybersecurity space I'm seeing it first hand. Infiltrations left and right. I've never, in my 28 year career seen as much hacking activity globally as I am seeing right now. I'm literally working 7 days a week right now

I carry with me in my work bag many fire starters but my favourite houses a little Bic lighter...

Agree Agree x 1 View List
Blahhhhhh...

Garraty_47

Quote from: Frood on November 04, 2023, 10:21:49 PMThere are dozens of ways to make fire. Practice as many as you can.

One that has an obvious limitation (needs sunlight) but is otherwise reliable and infinitely reusable is a small magnifying glass. Even a broken piece of glass bottle might do in a pinch but magnifying glasses are cheap, portable, and work a treat.
Agree Agree x 3 View List

Frood

Quote from: Garraty_47 on November 04, 2023, 11:07:04 PMOne that has an obvious limitation (needs sunlight) but is otherwise reliable and infinitely reusable is a small magnifying glass. Even a broken piece of glass bottle might do in a pinch but magnifying glasses are cheap, portable, and work a treat.

Ferro rods are a must, or at least a flint and steel. Problem with ferro rods though are they're prone to disintegration if used and stored for a big spell.
Blahhhhhh...

Biggie Smiles

At this point I feel sorry for people who live in larger cities.

It's going to be complete anarchy
Agree Agree x 5 Winner Winner x 1 View List

Frood

I've got the popcorn and whiskey ready for that.

That's some George Carlin level entertainment.  :popcorn:
Funny Funny x 1 View List
Blahhhhhh...

Reggie Essent

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on November 03, 2023, 02:59:32 PMSo in this thread I'm going to be sharing lots of tips and tricks on survival prep tactics from making your own water filtration system to building out an entire solar backup system with a propane to solar backup

it may come in handy because, from where I sit, on the front lines of the cybersecurity landscape things are really starting to heat up. I'm being called in multiple times a day to help victims of cyberattacks and it's only a matter of time before one of these attacks gets through to the power grid.

In fact, knowing our gov I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they purposefully left the cyber doors wide open for such an attack.

So first tip.

Making fire.

Go to dollar tree and get yourself a couple of 9 volt batteries and some packages of steel wool. Store them way from each other of course. you can start a good fire with the battery coming in contact with the steel wool.

and while you're at the dollar tree also pick up some lighters and books of matches

I already got a flint and steel.  I also know where the spring that feeds my pond is.  And I got a basement full of "necessities."

I'm good. ;)
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Garraty_47

Quote from: Frood on November 04, 2023, 11:11:45 PMFerro rods are a must, or at least a flint and steel. Problem with ferro rods though are they're prone to disintegration if used and stored for a big spell.

I keep something like this in my camping gear:

Agree Agree x 2 View List