The best topic

Replies: 7378
Total votes: : 3

Last post: May 19, 2024, 11:52:50 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

When shit hits the fan the ability to be a Do It Yourselfer will be of grave importance

Started by Biggie Smiles, November 03, 2023, 02:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Reggie Essent on November 04, 2023, 11:43:08 PMI already got a flint and steel.  I also know where the spring that feeds my pond is.  And I got a basement full of "necessities."

I'm good. ;)

I'm building my own water filtration system. Couple of home depot buckets some pvc piping -- some screen door mesh, cotton balls, coffee filters, charcoal, sand, gravel and and some garden hoses is all I need. I got a 12 volt bilge pump that works off a single 100watt solar panel and an old car battery + a 20 dollar charge controller. It pumps 1500 gph. 15 bucks.

That Olympic size swimming pool less than 50 ft from my kitchen is is nearly 50,000 gallons of drinking water if shit really hits the fan and I cannot power my well by any of the other mechanisms I have. Plus it's an excellent rain catch.

And if that fails me for any reason there's a full lake about less than 200 yards away which is adjacent to my property. I have enough garden hose to get there.

Reggie Essent

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on November 04, 2023, 11:59:06 PMI'm building my own water filtration system. Couple of home depot buckets some pvc piping -- some screen door mesh, cotton balls, coffee filters, charcoal, sand, gravel and and some garden hoses is all I need. I got a 12 volt bilge pump that works off a single 100watt solar panel and an old car battery + a 20 dollar charge controller. It pumps 1500 gph. 15 bucks.

That Olympic size swimming pool less than 50 ft from my kitchen is is nearly 50,000 gallons of drinking water if shit really hits the fan and I cannot power my well by any of the other mechanisms I have. Plus it's an excellent rain catch.

And if that fails me for any reason there's a full lake about less than 200 yards away which is adjacent to my property. I have enough garden hose to get there.

I know your area.  I don't know how much it's been built up since I was down that way, but you should be able to dig down 6 or 7 feet and get viable fresh water.  You have to filter it, of course, but the aquifer is really close to the surface there.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Reggie Essent on November 05, 2023, 12:03:03 AMI know your area.  I don't know how much it's been built up since I was down that way, but you should be able to dig down 6 or 7 feet and get viable fresh water.  You have to filter it, of course, but the aquifer is really close to the surface there.

Yep. That I'll be doing if the other avenues fail.

I already have the perforated PVC which I built myself and the post diggers in the shed.

TheProwler

Quote from: caskur on November 04, 2023, 10:37:19 PMI thought the army and first responders were still analog.

They used analog light because digital light is too expensive.

Frood

Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 2 View List
Blahhhhhh...

Herman

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on November 05, 2023, 12:07:29 AMYep. That I'll be doing if the other avenues fail.

I already have the perforated PVC which I built myself and the post diggers in the shed.

I aint made any preparations. I got lots of land, but only two rifles. I can get more quickly if the shit hits the fan.

Lokmar

Quote from: Herman on November 05, 2023, 01:23:10 AMI aint made any preparations. I got lots of land, but only two rifles. I can get more quickly if the shit hits the fan.

IMO, the best thing to do when the SHTF is to ambush the cops and take their weapons.
Funny Funny x 1 Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

Biggie Smiles

I swear this woman I'm with is a damn comedian

She's on the phone with my sister-in-law and when sis asks for me she says 'child he right here in the yard building his little end of the world club house'

fucking clown  :crampe:

I laughed cause it was funny but your ass gonna be happy I did it when we have uninterrupted power in the dead of summer when those ACs are a matter of life or death
Agree Agree x 2 Funny Funny x 2 Winner Winner x 1 View List

Dove

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on November 05, 2023, 04:26:16 PMI swear this woman I'm with is a damn comedian

She's on the phone with my sister-in-law and when sis asks for me she says 'child he right here in the yard building his little end of the world club house'

I laughed cause it was funny but your ass gonna be happy I did it when we have uninterrupted power in the dead of summer when those ACs are a matter of life or death

My bourbon drinking writer says we are fucked anyway and goes into horrific detail about how the shit would go down in reality.

And he is very offended by my desire to move into bumfuck nowhere and live in a Yurt lol.

He calls me his "little dumb country mouse" and a hippie. He has been calling me that forever though so it's not new.  Everytime he bitches about too many people on the road I cock my eyebrow at him and he says "But I ain't shittin in a hole in the woods!" Lol.. I've tried to explain composting toilets and I just get a bunch of horrified grunts out of him.

He doesn't obey MI stupid gun storage laws and if someone broke in here at night he could grab the gun (a .44 mag.Ruger in the night stand) and have it ready in ten seconds. And it was always very important to him that I always had a gun and knew how to shoot it and clean it.  It's so fucking hot that it makes up for his very suburbinized mentality.

He did buy a bunch of literal tubs of survival food and I've talked him into a generator that cam run at LEAST enough power for AC and fridge and basics. And he has taken steps to protect all his assets so....thats good. So far so good.

I'm working on him. My ridiculous hotness does 98 percent of my convincing for me lol.
Funny Funny x 1 View List
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Lokmar

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on November 05, 2023, 04:26:16 PMI swear this woman I'm with is a damn comedian

Put a sign on it that says "End of the world bunker, no women allowed"
Funny Funny x 1 Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 2 View List

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Dove on November 05, 2023, 05:21:05 PMMy bourbon drinking writer says we are fucked anyway and goes into horrific detail about how the shit would go down in reality.

And he is very offended by my desire to move into bumfuck nowhere and live in a Yurt lol.

He calls me his "little dumb country mouse" and a hippie. He has been calling me that forever though so it's not new.  Everytime he bitches about too many people on the road I cock my eyebrow at him and he says "But I ain't shittin in a hole in the woods!" Lol.. I've tried to explain composting toilets and I just get a bunch of horrified grunts out of him.

He doesn't obey MI stupid gun storage laws and if someone broke in here at night he could grab the gun (a .44 mag.Ruger in the night stand) and have it ready in ten seconds. And it was always very important to him that I always had a gun and knew how to shoot it and clean it.  It's so fucking hot that it makes up for his very suburbinized mentality.

He did buy a bunch of literal tubs of survival food and I've talked him into a generator that cam run at LEAST enough power for AC and fridge and basics. And he has taken steps to protect all his assets so....thats good. So far so good.

I'm working on him. My ridiculous hotness does 98 percent of my convincing for me lol.

Good food and good blow jobs will make a man agree to anything
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 1 Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

Dove

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on November 05, 2023, 05:57:12 PMGood food and good blow jobs will make a man agree to anything

He does 95 percent of the cooking and the grocery shopping. Well...we both grocery shop from his tablet in the bed and then go pick it up lol.

But I have this certain look I can get in my eye that he calls devilish and he absolutely cannot resist it. Never has yet.

It's the reason he got out of bed at 3am to bail me out of jail when I was 22 lol.

Didn't even ask what I did until after he bailed me and we were on our way to his house and he was like "So wait why were you in jail?" Lol.

I'm cooking tonight because his ankle got messed up. I mean if I want to cook I just tell him but he likes to plan out meals by the week so ...who am I to stop him?

Blow jobs  :drunk2:
Funny Funny x 1 View List

Biggie Smiles

related to fire some items to grab and store away

pencil sharpers. Why? you can create tinder with small twigs you find around you.
Winner Winner x 1 View List

Dove

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on November 05, 2023, 08:25:57 PMrelated to fire some items to grab and store away

pencil sharpers. Why? you can create tinder with small twigs you find around you.

I actually knew that one.  :thumbup2: 

I have a whole book lol

caskur

Quote from: TheProwler on November 05, 2023, 12:31:30 AMThey used analog light because digital light is too expensive.

they use analog because it is more reliable in war and the massses, ie us, won't be cloging up the communications.

There was a huge reason they stuck us on digital..,
Agree Agree x 1 View List
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol