Replies: 7560
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 03:37:40 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

TheProwler likes cars, Lokmar likes bullets & I like Gold

Started by JOE, November 12, 2023, 06:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

Quote from: Oerdin on November 18, 2023, 12:25:35 PMGold is down.

That's why a person should never buy too much gold at once.

Buy in a trickle when the price is right rather than a truckload when the price is too high.

Ie - I often see these ads in the US for 500 or 1000 ounces of silver monster packs. Usually people buy too much and when the prices are too high then wonder why they end up losing so much money on huge purchases like that.

I like rare collector gold coins tho

But even those should be purchased with a limit. Shouldnt buy too much at one time to limit potential losses in case the market swings the other way.

Other tip - don't buy what ya can't re-sell or more than what the buyer is willing to pay.

DKG

Agree Agree x 1 View List

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on November 18, 2023, 12:44:21 PMThat's why a person should never buy too much gold at once.

Buy in a trickle when the price is right rather than a truckload when the price is too high.

Ie - I often see these ads in the US for 500 or 1000 ounces of silver monster packs. Usually people buy too much and when the prices are too high then wonder why they end up losing so much money on huge purchases like that.

I like rare collector gold coins tho

But even those should be purchased with a limit. Shouldnt buy too much at one time to limit potential losses in case the market swings the other way.

Other tip - don't buy what ya can't re-sell or more than what the buyer is willing to pay.

How much did you lose Joe?

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on November 19, 2023, 04:51:24 AMHow much did you lose Joe?

Haven't lost anythin' yet since I have sold anything, Prowler.

But...I usu buy the collector stuff.

There always seems to be a demand for high grade quality collector gold and even silver coins.

I never buy below Mint State (MS-60) and officially graded (NGC, PGCS, ANACS, ICCS, etc) cuz I noticed that anything lower than that has a hard time selling and attracting buyers. Even AU (Almost Uncirculated) has a hard time selling & when it does an AU coin goes for 1/2 of what a Mint State coin does. AU is still a high quality coin, but it aint high enough, eh Prowler? Not good enough to be taken seriously be collectors. Therefore, Mint State-60 (officially graded) should always be considered the cut-off point to buy at & preferably below coin guide or market value.

As a rule, collectors/buyers never want poor quality grades. Even if it sells, the prices realized are often poor..

I'll post some pics later of high quality Canadian coins I bought over the weekend, eh Prowler?

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on November 19, 2023, 12:25:11 PMHaven't lost anythin' yet since I have sold anything, Prowler.

But...I usu buy the collector stuff.

There always seems to be a demand for high grade quality collector gold and even silver coins.

I never buy below Mint State (MS-60) and officially graded (NGC, PGCS, ANACS, ICCS, etc) cuz I noticed that anything lower than that has a hard time selling and attracting buyers. Even AU (Almost Uncirculated) has a hard time selling & when it does an AU coin goes for 1/2 of what a Mint State coin does. AU is still a high quality coin, but it aint high enough, eh Prowler? Not good enough to be taken seriously be collectors. Therefore, Mint State-60 (officially graded) should always be considered the cut-off point to buy at & preferably below coin guide or market value.

As a rule, collectors/buyers never want poor quality grades. Even if it sells, the prices realized are often poor..

I'll post some pics later of high quality Canadian coins I bought over the weekend, eh Prowler?

You know if you put all you inheritance into collectibles, you will not have enough money left over to buy a house.

Lokmar

Collector coins are ok for people who like nice things to look at. They arent jack or shit in an emergency. I have a few collector coins such as the newer Morgan Silver Dollars. They are a novelty though, NOT something I'd EVER invest large amounts in as a nest egg. Thats fukin DUMB!

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on November 19, 2023, 01:16:40 PMYou know if you put all you inheritance into collectibles, you will not have enough money left over to buy a house.

I don't buy what I caint re-sell Prowler!

So often what I buy is desirable to many.

That's why what I buy goes up in price.

One example:

Ist issue of Dr. Strange. Bought it for $200 10 years ago. Now it sells for $3000 US or over $4000 Canadian. Once the movies came out, that item went gangbusters.

If ya collect, ya gotta know what people like cuz as you say, if ya don't, then you get stuck with worthless stuff, that becomes clutter and can't be sold. Gotta think more like an Investor, not as someone who sees only a dead end. Nobody can really hang onto anything forever. Eventually the have to give it up so what they collect may as well be saleable.

Yeah, I'm interested in property, but just not Vancouver Prowler.

People pay so much to own so little here.

It's what you'd refer to as a 'herd mentality'.

Generally speaking, I'd rather not follow the sheep.

JOE

Here's another item I bought for $200, Prowler. The first issue of Ant-Man:

Now it sells for $3,000 as well.

All because Marvel made it into a movie and it also went blockbuster.

Gotta spot the potential deals before they become popular and explode in price, eh?

Herman

Quote from: Lokmar on November 19, 2023, 01:29:55 PMCollector coins are ok for people who like nice things to look at. They arent jack or shit in an emergency. I have a few collector coins such as the newer Morgan Silver Dollars. They are a novelty though, NOT something I'd EVER invest large amounts in as a nest egg. Thats fukin DUMB!
You still taking old Joe's troll bait.

TheProwler

Quote from: Herman on November 20, 2023, 01:17:47 AMYou still taking old Joe's troll bait.

Can you imagine how Joe feels?

He is trying so hard to paint a picture of an interesting person....and he is just coming off as a weirdo shut-in who collects uninteresting things.

He must feel really inadequate.

Oh, and he is not going to buy real estate in Vancouver.  I think he mentioned that.....

How fascinating.

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: TheProwler on November 20, 2023, 02:45:13 AMCan you imagine how Joe feels?

He is trying so hard to paint a picture of an interesting person....and he is just coming off as a weirdo shut-in who collects uninteresting things.
Not even that. I mean take the Marvel angle - Marvel as a property is DOA these days now that the Wokels have got their claws into it. Movie franchises are bombing harder than the IDF, leading me to expect that the prices Jo-Jo is selling us on are examples of gross overvaluation.

I wouldn't buy coloured toilet paper at 3000 quid a packet, I'll tell you that much.
Agree Agree x 1 View List
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

JOE

Quote from: Adolf Oliver Bush on November 20, 2023, 11:53:42 AMNot even that. I mean take the Marvel angle - Marvel as a property is DOA these days now that the Wokels have got their claws into it. Movie franchises are bombing harder than the IDF, leading me to expect that the prices Jo-Jo is selling us on are examples of gross overvaluation.

...well that's just it, Ollie.

since Marvel went Woke, it's goin' broke!

And the only stuff of theirs that is selling and still desirable are their golden oldies, eh? They just make money offa their glory days when Stan Lee reigned. That's the only stuff that's valuable that collectors still really want.From the 40s, 50s, 60s and 70s, eh? And it's also truly rare not was not mass-produced to be 'collectible'. So of course the old stuf is  hard to find now and expensive too. Deals are becomin far and few between with fewer deals of the vintage stuff harder ta find.

I mean now, Captain Marvel transformed inta a woman, and she's lesbian too. And whaddya know? Her movies and comics have bombed.

The current owners of Marvel(Disney) took a winning formula and turned it inta a dog.

Meanwhile their Golden Oldies are still vastly outperforming the new junk they keep pumpin' out.

I noticed DC is doin' this too. They just re-release their glory days stuff. I bought 10 DC re-prints on the weekend, such as the origins of Batman, Superman, etc. I think DC might be in trouble for the reasons you cited and people just gravitate to their old stuff now.

That's probably why these old comics and vintage memorabilia are getting more expensive now.  If Marvel is bombing, at least its vintage stuff is still goin strong.

Essentially Marvel is livin' offa their Glory Days now.

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on November 20, 2023, 02:45:13 AMCan you imagine how Joe feels?

Uninteresting or not...what a collector buys, they gotta re-sell at some point. Hopefully for at least as much as they paid for it or if they get lucky, for much more Prowler.

That's the end game just like it is in anything else Prowler.

Like...a person doesn't buy property with the intent they'll take a huge loss on it. Same with stocks. Same with commodities or bitcoin. Really, when ya take the mask offa anything, they're all the same Prowler. They just wear a different face but the end game should always be to at least break even or make a profit on em.

Lokmar

I'd pimp slap that Capt. Marvel bitch, blast a heavy load in her, and the bitch would be making me morning breakfast and sammies while she was barefoot and preggers. The only crime fighting she would be doing is erasing the skid marks off my drawers and throwing them heels up so I could eat at the "Y"!

I watched Fear The Walking Dead finaly last night. The Madison character has lung damage which requires her to suck on an oxygen tank from time to time. The bitch swings a sledge hammer to kill zombies. Now there aint but a handful of women who can swing a fukin sledgehammer ITFP without fucking up themselves and everything else around them and they're only gonna do it a few short times before they throw their back out or tire.  This bitch is supposed to use it as a weapon of choice? LMFAO!

This shit is so fuking absurd it aint even funny. Yea, but "GURL POWAH!" Give me a fukin break!

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on November 20, 2023, 12:41:24 PMLike...a person doesn't buy property with the intent they'll take a huge loss on it. Same with stocks. Same with commodities or bitcoin. Really, when ya take the mask offa anything, they're all the same Prowler. They just wear a different face but the end game should always be to at least break even or make a profit on em.

Only an idiot would compare property with stocks or other investments.

A house you can live in.  You can use it directly to live life better.

The same goes for all kinds of assets that are useful.

There is no point in saving and investing if you are never going to use that money for something that brings you pleasure.

It is really pathetic the way you think, Joe.  Always thinking about future wealth and never enjoying your life.