Replies: 8244
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 08:29:13 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Ontario Canadian couple loses $140,000 ($100,000 USD) in a housing dispute

Started by JOE, November 24, 2023, 02:31:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

...so what could they have done to prevent this?

What other alternatives of housing ownership could they have considered?

Discuss.

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on November 24, 2023, 02:31:27 AM...so what could they have done to prevent this?

The market fell after they agreed to buy the house, so the builder had to offer incentives that they missed out on.  They cannot control that, unless they could have had it written into the purchase agreement that any incentives offered before their closing date must be offered to them; this is common when factory-ordering a car.

They should have got the occupancy fees and maintenance fees in writing in their purchase agreement, if it was possible.

Both of these are reasonable terms that I would have insisted on, but I am a better negotiator than most people.  Shit, I am a better negotiator than most seasoned lawyers.

Quote from: JOE on November 24, 2023, 02:31:27 AMWhat other alternatives of housing ownership could they have considered?

All the other options that are not buying a condo that has not been built yet.  What kind of question is that!?!?!?

Quote from: JOE on November 24, 2023, 02:31:27 AMDiscuss.

Not much to discuss.  I covered it all.

At your age, it is really surprising that you do not understand these things, Joe.
Informative Informative x 1 View List

Thiel

Quote from: JOE on November 24, 2023, 02:31:27 AM

Discuss.
Don't worry your pretty little head about home ownership at your age Jo Jo. You will have the run of my house Sweetie.
gay, conservative and proud

JOE

Quote from: Thiel on November 26, 2023, 07:04:39 PMDon't worry your pretty little head about home ownership at your age Jo Jo. You will have the run of my house Sweetie.

Go for the Young Boys, Thiel.

Jeffrey Dahlmer did and it got him plenty

You should follow his example Thiel

Thiel

gay, conservative and proud

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on November 24, 2023, 02:31:27 AM

Discuss.

The way you resolve this is with death threats and murder. Once a few Fusion big wigs get the fuck beat out of them, they'll either pay or die.

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on November 25, 2023, 03:56:25 PMThe market fell after they agreed to buy the house, so the builder had to offer incentives that they missed out on.  They cannot control that, unless they could have had it written into the purchase agreement that any incentives offered before their closing date must be offered to them; this is common when factory-ordering a car.

They should have got the occupancy fees and maintenance fees in writing in their purchase agreement, if it was possible.

Both of these are reasonable terms that I would have insisted on, but I am a better negotiator than most people.  Shit, I am a better negotiator than most seasoned lawyers.

All the other options that are not buying a condo that has not been built yet.  What kind of question is that!?!?!?

Not much to discuss.  I covered it all.

Might they have been better off just buying a lot, Prowler?

Here's a listing where they live (Guelph Ontario Canada):

https://www.rew.ca/properties/5497387/43-hayes-avenue-guelph-on?direction=asc&page=1&search_params%5Bquery%5D=guelph+o&searchable_id=1078&searchable_type=Geography&sort=price

Maybe they coulda found something a bit cheaper than that or bid lower.

...I know they'd still have to develop or put something on it, but if they had bought something like that, they'd still have something.

I kinda like Dove's idea of just getting a trailer and sticking it on a piece of land that the person owns.

I guess that's why the powers that be don't really want people to own detached houses on land like our parents used to so they can fuck them around like that.

Control the land, control the people eh?

That's what fucking China has done to Vancouver. Then flood the streets with fentynal

JOE

QuoteAt your age, it is really surprising that you do not understand these things, Joe.

Actually Prowler, there was a similar case like the Ontario couple which happened in Vancouver. But to an 80 something White Canadian  couple. I think it was Onni corporation. The couple put $60,000 down on a condo, then decided to back out of these prebuilt and they lost their entire deposit. Their life savings. Plus to add insult to injury, they were sued by Onni. Too sad to comprehend. This story was in the Vancouver Province or Sun. Have to track the article down.

Seems to happen a lot. Age appears to be no barrier to being duped.

Whether or not it was their fault, I still feel sorry for these buyers Prowler.

Must feel like death to see one's life savings evaporate like that.

TheProwler

Nobody is being duped.

If you agree to a price and the market falls, that is just tough luck.

Oerdin