The best topic

Replies: 6952
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 07:08:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Adams warns New Yorkers that 'we cannot stop' migrants from sleeping on the streets

Started by Conservative Perspective, November 24, 2023, 11:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Conservative Perspective

Adams warns New Yorkers that 'we cannot stop' migrants from sleeping on the streets

New York City Mayor Eric Adams warns that "we cannot stop" migrants from sleeping on the streets as the city struggles with the migrant crisis it is facing.

Source: Adams warns New Yorkers that 'we cannot stop' migrants from sleeping on the streets

Brent

Quote from: Conservative Perspective on November 24, 2023, 11:49:11 AMAdams warns New Yorkers that 'we cannot stop' migrants from sleeping on the streets

New York City Mayor Eric Adams warns that "we cannot stop" migrants from sleeping on the streets as the city struggles with the migrant crisis it is facing.

Source: Adams warns New Yorkers that 'we cannot stop' migrants from sleeping on the streets
He can stop them from sleeping in 500 dollar a night hotels.

Thiel

For once, AOC is right, it is the working class that are leaving the Big Apple. But, it's the policies that she and her progressive allies want more of that have made the city so expensive.

For starters, the city finds itself in this position because it has to feed and house tens of thousands of migrants, costing city taxpayers billions of dollars. Yet AOC and her fellow progressives support open borders

Second, progressive housing policies are making housing unaffordable through rent controls, the elimination of tax breaks for developers, and other government interventions that hamstring landlords.

Third, the Green New Deal climate laws that progressive lawmakers demand. Those policies, are already sending power prices for New Yorkers upward.

Fourth, the city's progressive criminal justce reforms are not helping New Yorkers feel safe at work or in their homes.

AOC and her fellow leftists simply don't care what their ideas actually mean for the people whose interests they claim to represent. And if progressive ideology continues to rule New York, it'll get ever more unaffordable and the exodus will accelerate.
gay, conservative and proud

Lokmar

FFS, these cunt democRATs are pretty much like crack heads with an open checkbook these days. Nothing to stop them and their fukin policies, nothing whatsoever. Well, they've jacked off for decades, imagining unfettered immigration, well, they got it. Now they've driven the whole damned country off the cliff and there's no escape hatch for any of us until 2025 at the earliest. Adams may as well commandeer the Waldorf Astoria for all these mexcrements now, cause he's gonna need every single fucking hotel room in jew york to house all the ones that'll be there over the next few years!!!

Brent

The New York Post reported a high school soccer game that was set to take place at a public field in East Harlem was canceled after a group of migrants refused to leave the field, even after the authorities showed up.

Around 30 men, who appeared to be African migrants and spoke little English, refused to get off the pitch. Even after the police showed up, the migrants wouldn't budge.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Lokmar on November 29, 2023, 07:47:30 PMFFS, these cunt democRATs are pretty much like crack heads with an open checkbook these days. Nothing to stop them and their fukin policies, nothing whatsoever. Well, they've jacked off for decades, imagining unfettered immigration, well, they got it. Now they've driven the whole damned country off the cliff and there's no escape hatch for any of us until 2025 at the earliest. Adams may as well commandeer the Waldorf Astoria for all these mexcrements now, cause he's gonna need every single fucking hotel room in jew york to house all the ones that'll be there over the next few years!!!

Bro.  Go to booking.com and see if you can rent a room at the Wellington from now until 2026

Place is closed for repairs after housing those third world cockroaches

A former luxury hotel destroyed

If mayor adams thinks the city is in a bed get crisis now wait u til the lawsuits start flying for all this damaged property

Brent

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on April 22, 2024, 01:00:58 PMBro.  Go to booking.com and see if you can rent a room at the Wellington from now until 2026

If mayor adams thinks the city is in a bed get crisis now wait u til the lawsuits start flying for all this damaged property
Can the city be held responsible because they paid the hotel fees and not the cockroaches who trashed the hotel?

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Brent on April 22, 2024, 01:17:10 PMCan the city be held responsible because they paid the hotel fees and not the cockroaches who trashed the hotel?
I'd imagine so

If I booked a room there with my credit card and allowed my son to stay there and he trashed the room I'm pretty sure the debt would be on my shoulders

of course, this isn't something the mayor will be eager to share with the public but I'd put money on the fact that they are being sued
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Brent

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on April 22, 2024, 01:39:00 PMI'd imagine so

If I booked a room there with my credit card and allowed my son to stay there and he trashed the room I'm pretty sure the debt would be on my shoulders

of course, this isn't something the mayor will be eager to share with the public but I'd put money on the fact that they are being sued
I realize the credit card holder is who gets charged for any damages, but I thought that this might be different.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Brent on April 22, 2024, 01:42:02 PMI realize the credit card holder is who gets charged for any damages, but I thought that this might be different.

I doubt it. The city essentially forced the hotel to take their money to house these people. They trashed the rooms and now I'd be shocked if an attorney couldn't get them some serious award for damages

ESPECIALLY since the city is going to want this to go away quietly as they are descending further and further into budget crises

it will be a pay out with some type of NDA as part of the stipulation

so who gets the shaft? Tax payers. Once again

Lokmar

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on April 22, 2024, 01:00:58 PMBro.  Go to booking.com and see if you can rent a room at the Wellington from now until 2026

LOL! Nothing available for the short time I checked. The hotel website is up but when you go to book, its not working.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Lokmar on April 22, 2024, 05:00:31 PMLOL! Nothing available for the short time I checked. The hotel website is up but when you go to book, its not working.
exactly

a once beautiful luxury hotel destroyed

Brent

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on April 22, 2024, 01:44:49 PMI doubt it. The city essentially forced the hotel to take their money to house these people. They trashed the rooms and now I'd be shocked if an attorney couldn't get them some serious award for damages

ESPECIALLY since the city is going to want this to go away quietly as they are descending further and further into budget crises

it will be a pay out with some type of NDA as part of the stipulation

so who gets the shaft? Tax payers. Once again
In that case, the city should be held accountable.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Brent on April 23, 2024, 01:17:12 PMIn that case, the city should be held accountable.
Oh they will. This is a political grenade for city officials and the hotel owners have got to know that. This will be buried into a hammer costing 1500.00 a light bulb costing 250.00 a garbage bag costing 1000.00 etc etc

and when there is a shortfall in the budget come next cycle? It will be city services like police, firefighters, schools and such which will pay the price. Thus affecting the most vulnerable -- the inner city residents

but of course, when that happens, they'll just cry "systemic racism" and find a way to blame Trump or the Governor of Florida or any other boogie man they've convinced their stooges is hiding in their closets.

Brent

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on April 23, 2024, 01:22:27 PMOh they will. This is a political grenade for city officials and the hotel owners have got to know that. This will be buried into a hammer costing 1500.00 a light bulb costing 250.00 a garbage bag costing 1000.00 etc etc

and when there is a shortfall in the budget come next cycle? It will be city services like police, firefighters, schools and such which will pay the price. Thus affecting the most vulnerable -- the inner city residents

but of course, when that happens, they'll just cry "systemic racism" and find a way to blame Trump or the Governor of Florida or any other boogie man they've convinced their stooges is hiding in their closets.

I always do one of these  :facepalm: when some Democrat governor or mayor blames Desantis or Abbot for sending refugees to sanctuary cities and states, but not Biden for essentially sending out invitations to illegals.