The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

I got my credit score today….

Started by JOE, December 06, 2023, 11:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on December 08, 2023, 09:52:43 PMThey don't seem to count a Student Loan towards the Credit Score as much Prowler.

In fact, it didn't even seem to put a dent into mine

So I guess it gets a lower interest rate as well when paying it back. It doesn't seem to be a punitive debt, unlike consumer debt. As long as the student loan is paid off regularly they don't seem to mind if a person has just a little bit.

But I plant to get rid of it or most of it by next year. Maybe bringing it down 75% at very least. Getta get serous and get rid of it altogher before 2025, eh.

You should not have a loan of any sort, you idiot.

At your old age!?!?  It is pathetic.

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on December 09, 2023, 01:17:31 AMYou needed to take a loan for a school course?!!?!?!?

Get your fuckin' shit together, old man.

Was either that or go out inta an unhealthy workplace Prowler.
I still had to pay the rent and eat.

People were gettin' sick with covid back in 2021/22 when Covid was ripping through the world. Lotta people were dying.

I just used school as an excuse to avoid the Pandemic.
I didn't really like the course, yet it was better than catching COVID. But even in this course I took, a lotta people came down with it.

I know at the time, your province in Ontario was in lockdown Prowler.

We had social distancing measures, but BC was never in total lockdown like Ontario, eh? Your guys case count was a lot worse than ours too. You 'n Quebec. That's nothin to deride you guys about. But it was quite bad. It wasn't your guys fault. That was just the reality. The way it was. Ontario and Quebec had 75% of Canada's COVID case and death count.

Just use that to point out that COVID wasn't anything to dismiss like it was the common cold. It was quite severe. I knew people who died from it.

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on December 09, 2023, 01:31:09 AMWas either that or go out inta an unhealthy workplace Prowler.
I still had to pay the rent and eat.

Are you dense?

The problem is not that you had to pay for school.  The problem is that you did not have liquid assets to pay for it.  At your old age, you should have had enough expendable liquid assets available to enroll the whole fuckin' class and take them out for beers after every lecture.

You are a bonafide stooge, Senile Joe.

You watch a YouTube video and come on here and regurgitate what someone else thought and said, and try to portray yourself as a reasonably intelligent individual, but it is just a SHAM.

You come at people on here with some pretty shitty attacks, but meanwhile....

You are a real life loser.

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on December 09, 2023, 02:34:21 PMAre you dense?

The problem is not that you had to pay for school.  The problem is that you did not have liquid assets to pay for it.  At your old age, you should have had enough expendable liquid assets available to enroll the whole fuckin' class and take them out for beers after every lecture.

You watch a YouTube video and come on here and regurgitate what someone else thought and said, and try to portray yourself as a reasonably intelligent individual, but it is just a SHAM.

Im not too worried about paying it off Prowler. I got about $10,000 Canadian or $7200 US left  to pay off. But I'll likely accelerate my payments on the loan in the new year. Probably around mid year I'll get the payments up to $5-600 a month.

Looked it up and there's currently no interest on Canada Student Loans.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6858596

So in some respects its like a free loan. I mean what car company will give you an interest free car loan eh? In which case theres no real incentive to pay it off right away if the money which would have gone into paying the student loan can go into a 5%+ GIC. Right Prowler? Cuz while that csl debt stands still remains the same, the gic accumulated interest and is worth more in the same amount of time the csl loan sits there. Meanwhile the $10,000 gic nets $500 + in interest

Mind you if the Tories get back in that interest free status may end. Thats why id rather pay it off before the next federal election which they say is scheduled in 2025.

I think life will become harder for many if the Tories get back in cuz they will cut spending and subsidies. However perhaps this is necessary if the deficit is too high. Many people wont like it tho

Brent

Quote from: TheProwler on December 09, 2023, 02:34:21 PMAre you dense?

Where would Joe be if he wasn't letting Thiel sodomize him. He would have to go the library to post here.

JOE

Quote from: Brent on December 09, 2023, 05:23:28 PMWhere would Joe be if he wasn't letting Thiel sodomize him. He would have to go the library to post here.

You must really want Thiel Brent.
Yer always talking about him.
He's much better than alcohol for you. I know you've been off the bottle for a while now.

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on December 09, 2023, 03:47:39 PMLooked it up and there's currently no interest on Canada Student Loans.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6858596

So let me gt this straight, you fucking retard....

You go to the CBC to know if you are or are not being charged interest on a loan.

Does your stupidity know no limits?

Herman

Quote from: TheProwler on December 09, 2023, 11:43:30 PMSo let me gt this straight, you fucking retard....

You go to the CBC to know if you are or are not being charged interest on a loan.

He doesn't research his lies, he just posts them without thinking.

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on December 09, 2023, 11:43:30 PMSo let me gt this straight, you fucking retard....

Why are you so angry, Prowler? LOL!

You shouldn't lose your temper on the Internet

Long story short Prowler, since its an interest free loan I figger I may as well put the money I owe to Student Loans into a TFSA or RRSP gic instead. Paying down the loan doesn't make any sense really. I could pay it down, but then it'd be money wasted that could make interest. $10,000 GIC in a TFSA will net at least $500 tax free while paying down an interest free $10,000 student loan right away doesn't get me ahead in any way. If it's the same amount I owe 1 year from now, nothing's gained by paying it down early.

I could buy some nice collector gold coins too, eh?

Like this, eh Prowler?

Let the system work for you not for it prowler

TheProwler

Quote from: Herman on December 10, 2023, 12:02:38 AMHe doesn't research his lies, he just posts them without thinking.

He is a real fuckin' idiot.

Does he think "Look!!  I am a total fuckin' loser who has to take out a loan in my senior years!!!" is a good troll?

Herman

Quote from: TheProwler on December 10, 2023, 01:46:42 AMHe is a real fuckin' idiot.

Does he think "Look!!  I am a total fuckin' loser who has to take out a loan in my senior years!!!" is a good troll?
He just throws shit at a computer screen and hopes it sticks. I have seen the wanker contradict himself ten minutes after a post for Christ sake.

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on December 10, 2023, 01:04:15 AMWhy are you so angry, Prowler? LOL!

You shouldn't lose your temper on the Internet

Long story short Prowler, since its an interest free loan I figger I may as well put the money I owe to Student Loans into a TFSA or RRSP gic instead. Paying down the loan doesn't make any sense really. I could pay it down, but then it'd be money wasted that could make interest. $10,000 GIC in a TFSA will net at least $500 tax free while paying down an interest free $10,000 student loan right away doesn't get me ahead in any way. If it's the same amount I owe 1 year from now, nothing's gained by paying it down early.

I could buy some nice collector gold coins too, eh?

Like this, eh Prowler?

Let the system work for you not for it prowler

Hey dumbass, when are you going to melt all your gold coins down and stamp the grotesque leftovers with "I'm a dipshit!"?

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on December 10, 2023, 01:46:42 AMHe is a real fuckin' idiot.

Well I could pay it off right away Prowler.

But what's the point if the loan is interest free and they're paying 5% on GICs?

May as well pay a bit off at a time, use the money that would otherwise go to paying down the loan and put it into a gic and make money, right?

that's like gittin a nice government subsidy that you wouldnt taking out a consumer loan, then buying something like a car, eh.

So essentially, that's like getting something extra for having take out the loan. And the interest alone can be put towards paying down the loan. I'd say not bad. Save on the interest and get somethin' back for free Prowler.

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on December 10, 2023, 02:38:26 AMHey dumbass, when are you going to melt all your gold coins down and stamp the grotesque leftovers with "I'm a dipshit!"?

I gotta lotta gold and my stash is growing, Bud!

Unlike yer bullet stash, gits depleted whenever ya fire offa round and then ya gotta buy more bullets, eh Lokmeer!

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on December 10, 2023, 02:56:38 AMI gotta lotta gold and my stash is growing, Bud!

Unlike yer bullet stash, gits depleted whenever ya fire offa round and then ya gotta buy more bullets, eh Lokmeer!

I have 4 kids, a great wife, a doctor for a son in law, in laws with a large farm, 20+ guns including several AR-15's, 10's of thousands of rounds of ammo, a factory built race car, a good job that pays over $150K/yr, a wife that makes even more than that, a big house, and new cars. What do you have, josephine? Some dumb coins that'll be taken from you like candy from a baby when times get tough.