The best topic

Replies: 7555
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:28:07 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

i'm thinking of leaving memebee

Started by koreaboo, December 07, 2023, 01:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

deadskinmask

Quote from: DKG on December 10, 2023, 11:54:45 AMI would not call core members not wanting their posting home to grow a lack of patience.

its not a matter of growing.... you can stack shit high as an elephants eye.... its still shit.... i think they're fine as they are.... if you want to be there then just be there.... if you wanna change the format, go elsewhere.... if you think someone is gonna give you a kiss every time you hook 5 words together then you came to the wrong place.... post what you post and then hang on tight because somebody is coming to knock it outta your hands....

koreaboo

imagine my horror when i realized the majority of memebee had no idea about poetry. i was thinking what was the point of stringing words together in a poetical way.
Informative Informative x 1 View List

DKG

Quotei think they're fine as they are
If you are happy there, I am happy for you. :good:

Quoteif you want to be there then just be there.... if you wanna change the format, go elsewhere
I am not looking to change any other forum. If it's not for me, I don't register. If I am already registered, I won't stay. Nobody wants a poster hanging around who does nothing but complain.

Quoteif you think someone is gonna give you a kiss every time you hook 5 words together then you came to the wrong place
I just said the core posters are an insular group who don't really want new blood. You might some diversity, but they don't.

deadskinmask

i'm fine with anything and everything.... i pay attention to what i do and let everything else do what it does.... theres no "expectation" and therefore no disappointment....

koreaboo

i'm a fully fledged member of the philosopher poets on memebee and i ain't got anyone to talk to:(

deadskinmask

Quote from: koreaboo on December 10, 2023, 12:33:11 PMi'm a fully fledged member of the philosopher poets on memebee and i ain't got anyone to talk to:(

you lack conversation because you avoid conversation.... i go outta my way to address you at least once a day.... i get that you like "lone wolfing" and i don't press you.... but i make myself available nonetheless.... and thats a hard row to hoe....

Biggie Smiles

why don't pizzerias deliver anymore?

gotta fucking use that damn door dash shit.

I hate it

deadskinmask

ever since that weird "tip rebellion", i've been cautious of any type of food service.... i've seem too many gross videos of ppl spitting in food and pissing in drinks....

koreaboo

i enjoy watching idol mukbangs once in awhile.

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: deadskinmask on December 10, 2023, 11:31:02 AMits never a case of a person "not being welcome".... negative responses more often than not are provoked.... ppl who are "internet famous" coming there as if their reputation proceeds them.... it doesn't matter who you thought you were, when you're a new person there then you're just new.... and all the "big brain" motherfuckers that come there with a list of "improvments".... throw the list away.... nobody cares....
I wish that were the case, every new registration I've made at a new board over the years has been replete with people trying to find out who the fuck I was, mostly assuming I must be someone they've previously had issues with. It's not that people don't care, some are downright obsessed with manifesting their boogeymen onto a new user.
Agree Agree x 1 View List
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

koreaboo

that sounds a little like frood and me.

Biggie Smiles

Remember that time some of the locals went completely bat shit crazy because someone called mimi an American?

these people didn't know whether to shit themselves, go blind or murder their entire families in a fit of epic rage

and then seamajor (of all people) had to come along and gently guide them through the concepts of north American geography

that shit was hysterical

Shen Li

Quote from: DKG on December 10, 2023, 11:54:45 AMI would not call core members not wanting their posting home to grow a lack of patience.
Of course not. I joined VF 13 years ago. I was even a member of DV that VF broke away from for a few months before that.

Skinz wasn't around when VF was a lively board. I'm talking about posters like Gunta, Duce, Salty Dog, Spartacus, YVR Man, Glasgogirl, Asia, Wulf, CJ, Dick Yamada, Doc Watson, KS Ethan, Brutus, Zero Cool, Kaylee 7, Sharlee, Itsy Bitsy, beanthere, Renee, Sonny, Inked Angel, eagle, Ban Pellgrino and Heinzy. They were all good and they are all gone.

Let's face it, the good posters left and they aren't being replaced. The ones that should've fucked off like that deranged offline stalker Eddie and Mimi who uses forums the way old white do FB are still around. Personally, I would've pulled the plug on it. It seems Evs is just doing it to keep Eddie occupied and out of jail and so Mimi can post smilies with her remaining 2-3 forum friends.

VF hasn't had a new regular poster in at least 5 years. When the pin is finally pulled on VF, that will be the most obvious fact in the post mortem.

Agree Agree x 3 View List

DKG

Quote from: Shen Li on December 10, 2023, 07:17:25 PMOf course not. I joined VF 13 years ago. I was even a member of DV that VF broke away from for a few months before that.

Skinz wasn't around when VF was a lively board. I'm talking about posters like Gunta, Duce, Salty Dog, Spartacus, YVR Man, Glasgogirl, Asia, Wulf, CJ, Dick Yamada, Doc Watson, KS Ethan, Brutus, Zero Cool, Kaylee 7, Sharlee, Itsy Bitsy, beanthere, Renee, Sonny, Inked Angel, eagle, Ban Pellgrino and Heinzy. They were all good and they are all gone.

Let's face it, the good posters left and they aren't being replaced. The ones that should've fucked off like that deranged offline stalker Eddie and Mimi who uses forums the way old white do FB are still around. Personally, I would've pulled the plug on it. It seems Evs is just doing it to keep Eddie occupied and out of jail and so Mimi can post smilies with her remaining 2-3 forum friends.

VF hasn't had a new regular poster in at least 5 years. When the pin is finally pulled on VF, that will be the most obvious fact in the post mortem.

I only registered recently, but I have seen it dwindle from a busy board to a handful of regulars too. But, if those who remain are happy with that, who are we to judge. That is sort of what dsm is saying. But, I strongly suspect the owner of VF would like it to be less cliquey and busier than it is.

deadskinmask

i'm sure evs would love a busy board.... but forums are dying in general.... most ppl no longer post for the simple reason of expression.... they post for "likes" and "emojis" .... boards that don't offer these little dopamine fixes are rapidly losing support.... why spill your soul out in a post that maybe 15 ppl will see when you can write "Trump sucks" on reddit and get 5k "likes"? forums are an antiquated medium and we are in its last days.... VF is a very niche group and will remain that way until it no longer remains.... some ppl like it.... some ppl don't.... at least most of you had the opportunity to decide which category you belong in.... its not for everybody.... but everybody is equally welcome....