Replies: 7378
Total votes: : 3

Last post: May 19, 2024, 11:52:50 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Republicans are weak

Started by DKG, December 12, 2023, 12:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKG

It is no wonder Dems think rules only apply to the other party. Voting to oust George Santos is just another example of that.

The Republican party needs to grow a backbone.

https://www.theblaze.com/columns/opinion/have-the-republicans-lost-their-marbles?utm_source=theblaze-breaking&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20231211Trending-ActiveUserTrending&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%207%20Day%20Engagement
They took selective action against a conservative-voting GOP congressman who has rallied consistently to his party's tiny majority. Shame on such moral posturing!
Perhaps the dumbest thing I've seen Republican congressmen do in my entire long life was their vote to expel former U.S. Rep. George Santos (R-N.Y.) from their fellowship. One doesn't have to admire Santos' character or excuse his con games to recognize he was no less worthy of his former post than many Democrats who remain in Congress.

Of course, nothing happened to our alarm-tripping black radical except for a slap on the wrist and an inconvenient censure. When Republicans finally voted to censure him, they could only pull along three Democrats. This came after the Democrats spent weeks trying to block even a minimal recognition of Bowman's outrageous behavior.

House Democrats also allowed their colleague Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.) to remain chairman of the House Foreign Relations Committee, even after revelations that Swalwell was having an affair with a Chinese spy. The Democrats have also more recently blocked any attempt to discipline Swalwell for his misbehavior.

Were Santos' actions so singularly shameful that they surpassed the sleazy behavior of many of his colleagues, such as Senator Robert Menendez (D-N.J.), who is only one of our morally compromised Democratic solons? Charlie Kirk has devoted a recent podcast to the timely theme of "why expelling the clown George Santos is dumber than usual for Republicans."

Self-destructive righteousness
Such activities may be driven partly by a need to overcompensate for the way the media depict Republican politicians, namely as mean-spirited, ultra-partisan right-wingers. This may drive Republicans into engaging periodically in unseemly virtue-signaling and constant jabbering about finding "common ground" with the left. New York Post columnist Miranda Devine has mocked the 105 Republican congressmen who "were suckered by moral vanity" into cutting their own throats.

Although I wouldn't discount Trump's vanity or verbal intemperance, it is to his credit that, unlike most congressional Republicans, this populist hero doesn't indulge in self-destructive righteousness.

I won't hold my breath until the Democrats start dumping their own clowns in a spasm of moral righteousness or in order to disarm media critics. The Democrats are a serious, ruthless force who will break any rule or protect any miscreant to hold onto and expand their power. I may loathe their politics, but I profoundly admire their relentless pursuit of what they want.

Democrats could easily dump Bowman, Menendez, and other lowlifes in their party without risking seats. Such tarnished pols could be easily replaced by their ideological and even gender or ethnic look-alikes. But why make such concessions from their position of power? Let the other side fall on its sword. That's not how the Democrats act.

Is Santos really more reprehensible than that black racist demagogue Jamaal Bowman (D-N.Y.), who, about a week before he left for a pro-Hamas demonstration, managed to trip the fire alarm in a U.S. Capitol office building? From the video made public of the incident, Bowman committed his criminal act quite deliberately and did it apparently to keep the House from agreeing on a temporary budget bill that would avert a shutdown. Bowman was eager to bring about a shutdown to punish "racist" Republicans. He therefore acted in a blatantly criminal fashion, endangering the lives of his colleagues.

What was done to Santos was for Republicans the height of folly. The Long Island district that he represented, mostly in Nassau County, will almost certainly go back to the Democrats. Meanwhile the thin majority that the GOP now holds in the House will become even more sliver-like. Since former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) has already announced that he plans to depart at the end of the year, this will shrink the Republican voting margin to just three. If Republicans are now having problems trying to assert their will in a predominantly Democratic Congress, try doing it with an even narrower majority.

Lokmar

They should have expelled that disgusting faggit right off the bat! Republican voters still have a moral compass and tolerating shit like Santos throws elections to democRATs by default.

DKG

Quote from: Lokmar on December 12, 2023, 12:31:26 PMThey should have expelled that disgusting faggit right off the bat! Republican voters still have a moral compass and tolerating shit like Santos throws elections to democRATs by default.
If he is expelled, so should Jamaal Bowman and Robert Menendez. There should be no Dem privilege.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Lokmar on December 12, 2023, 12:31:26 PMThey should have expelled that disgusting faggit right off the bat! Republican voters still have a moral compass and tolerating shit like Santos throws elections to democRATs by default.
I agree with you

but what to do when the other side has no moral compass whatsoever?

I've consistently said republicans need to start fighting as dirty as democrats do or they're done

Just look at Scotus. I've never once seen a filthy vermin cocksucking vermincrat vote against the party narative. Not once EVER!

But conservative justices do it all the time. I get the integrity part but integrity in this instance does no good once there is ZERO ability to have an influence on the countries direction. Which is where we are headed
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Lokmar

Quote from: DKG on December 12, 2023, 01:57:04 PMIf he is expelled, so should Jamaal Bowman and Robert Menendez. There should be no Dem privilege.

Of course they should be, but they wont. democRATs are shit.

Lokmar

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on December 12, 2023, 02:41:37 PMI agree with you

but what to do when the other side has no moral compass whatsoever?

I've consistently said republicans need to start fighting as dirty as democrats do or they're done

Just look at Scotus. I've never once seen a filthy vermin cocksucking vermincrat vote against the party narative. Not once EVER!

But conservative justices do it all the time. I get the integrity part but integrity in this instance does no good once there is ZERO ability to have an influence on the countries direction. Which is where we are headed

Its a lost cause. I hate to say that, but that's what it is.  Republicans refuse to get in the mud pit. Thats why Trump is the ONLY choice.

The ONLY way back from the abyss is for VOTERS be become guided by morality. LMFAO, right?

Dude, all I do anymore is prep my kids for the aposcalisp. I feel like Linda Hamilton in Terminator. I've got 2 of them living down in Florida, I just have to get the other 2 down there.

In 2 weeks, I'm a felon in Illinois.

JOE

Your Party expelled George Santos cuz he was a public embarrassment...Lokmeer!

so it was the politically expendient thang ta do. Get ridda that deadwood before the next election. From that standpoint it was a smart move, Bud.

Same time I'm highly aware of your extreme dislike (hatred?) towards homosexuals...Lokmeer!

Butcher Bible sez that ya oughta practice tolerance towards 'em, Bud! I think yer beloved Jesus sez somethin about tolerating the 'effeminiate'. So ya oughta jump on board in the forgiveness dept and start forgivin', eh? Whaddya say, eh...Lokmeer!?!

Be like Jesus!
Shit Post! Shit Post! x 1 View List

Oerdin

Santos was corrupt.  I am all for getting rid of corrupt politicians.

Thiel

Quote from: JOE on December 12, 2023, 05:58:57 PMYour Party expelled George Santos cuz he was a public embarrassment...Lokmeer!

so it was the politically expendient thang ta do. Get ridda that deadwood before the next election. From that standpoint it was a smart move, Bud.
Sweetie, they are saying why the Dems didn't do the same to Jamaal Bowman or Eric Stalwell. If the Democrats had any shame they too would vote to expel both of them.
gay, conservative and proud

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on December 12, 2023, 05:58:57 PMYour Party expelled George Santos cuz he was a public embarrassment...Lokmeer!

Same time I'm highly aware of your extreme dislike (hatred?) towards homosexuals...Lokmeer!

Butcher Bible sez that ya oughta practice tolerance towards 'em, Bud! I think yer beloved Jesus sez somethin about tolerating the 'effeminiate'. So ya oughta jump on board in the forgiveness dept and start forgivin', eh? Whaddya say, eh...Lokmeer!?!

Be like Jesus!

Jesus is coming back to toss all kweirdos into hell.
Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

TheProwler

Quote from: Lokmar on December 12, 2023, 08:11:34 PMJesus is coming back to toss all kweirdos into hell.

Joe included.

Frood

Quote from: Oerdin on December 12, 2023, 06:02:35 PMSantos was corrupt.  I am all for getting rid of corrupt politicians.

George H Bush, Bill Clinton, George W Bush, Barry Soetero, and Creepy Joe Biden included...really?

Which ones did you vote for?
Blahhhhhh...