Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 07:38:08 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

Canada's broken no competition health care system is close to collapse

Started by DKG, December 11, 2023, 08:45:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheProwler

formosan

Canada's health care is reactive instead of proactive like Taiwanese health care..

We wait until small issues become big expensive serious problems before anything is done..

That is not a very efficient or humane way to deliver health care.
too old to be a fashionista

JOE

Quote from: Brent on December 11, 2023, 06:45:27 PMI don't know how we would save health care in Canada. I like how it is supposed to work in theory. I know I hate the US model. I want it to remain a single payer system.

The system should be rationed so that over users and repeat offenders pay extra.

They should be forewarned of the limits and that the healthcare system is not their daycare centre or nanny state.

also, they make the hospitals too damn comfy now.

And they cater too much to the whims of freeloaders and bums.
Back in the day, they were ugly inside and not meant to look like a hotel. They were painted green, grey shit colors so nobody would wanna stay in them for too long.

They  make these new hospitals look to pretty inside. Maybe that courtesy could be extended to old people who worked hard all their lives but nobody else. or sick Kids in a children's hosptial

Other than seniors or sick children, make the hospitals look like an army barrack for everybody else, especially the street bums.

I don't think those hoboes from the street should be allowed in a hospital. I'm sure in the States they frequently get turned away. "Sorry, no shoes, no shirt, no wash...no service. now gtfo."

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on December 11, 2023, 06:15:11 PMNo, its shit. You cant lie to me, josephine. See, I worked for a big RV Dealership that had on-site camping and we hosted your fellow citizens every year. They all had the same thing to say about your shitty health care...ITS SHIT!, and the wait times are abysmal. The wait for simple things like an MRI is criminal in Canduhduh. People with cancer have to wait 6 months or more for procedures! One retired couple in particular, always came several times per year. I suspect that one of them were getting treatment for something...I didnt pry. I got along with them well and the woman would fix us the best cinnamon buns I've ever had. Anyway, they warned us that if we ever did the shit Canduhduh did, we'd be screwed. Viola! Along came O'Nigger Care!

...and yet, what is a stay at the hospital supposed to be like - a night at at 5 star Hilton?

Geez, I don't use the healthcare system here more than I absolutely have to. Even tho it's free and I could. Get in and then get the fuck out. Don't be a burden on the system and the taxpayer.

I would rather not spend any time or set foot in a hospital at all.

Brent

Quote from: formosan on December 13, 2023, 01:44:15 PMCanada's health care is reactive instead of proactive like Taiwanese health care..

We wait until small issues become big expensive serious problems before anything is done..

That is not a very efficient or humane way to deliver health care.
Wrong. Canada's health care woes are caused by the same thing that is causing homelessness and classroom overcrowding. We cannot take in one million immigrants, refugees and TFW's every year without these social ills.

Lokmar

Quote from: Seamajor1 on December 13, 2023, 11:11:45 AMInsurance and re insurance drive costs up in the USA. Drs visit here, $40. In California $460. Root canal $6000. Here $300. I visited an emergency room for Flu in Sonoma county community hospital. $2300. I would call insurance companies the exact reason for high pricing.

Last root canal I had was 1/3rd of that.

Lokmar

Insurance should be made illegal. Maybe allow catastrophic policies. Also, government negotiating prices for health care should be eliminated under penalty of death.

Problem solved.

Seamajor1

Quote from: Lokmar on December 13, 2023, 07:44:16 PMInsurance should be made illegal. Maybe allow catastrophic policies. Also, government negotiating prices for health care should be eliminated under penalty of death.

Problem solved.

I like it. Drs insurance and re insurance does not exist here.

formosan

Quote from: Brent on December 13, 2023, 02:54:37 PMWrong. Canada's health care woes are caused by the same thing that is causing homelessness and classroom overcrowding. We cannot take in one million immigrants, refugees and TFW's every year without these social ills.
Regardless of what is causing our health care problems, Chief Medical Officers from several provinces including my own issued pleas to the public to stay away from emergency rooms over the Christmas holdays unless it's necessary.
too old to be a fashionista