The best topic

Replies: 8411
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 07:38:08 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

Javier Milei is my kind of elected leader

Started by DKG, December 12, 2023, 12:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

DKG

Quote from: JOE on December 13, 2023, 01:09:33 PMThere'll be a lot of cuts and pain if Pollievre and the Tories get in here, DKG.

However I agree that the Liberals under Trudeau II have been reckless & have blown Canada's budget. So it's inevitable that cuts are a comin' one day.
Dead wrong. There has been nothing but cuts and pain under Trudeau. Canadians have seen their purchasing power cut under many tax increases, reckless spending, foolish green measures and unsustainable immigration levels. They have meant a deterioration of health care, less and more expensive housing, more expensive transportation, more expensive electricity, more expensive home heating, and more expensive food.

Cutting spending means lowering inflation, lowering deficits and putting more money in Canadians pockets. The exact opposite of what you wrote.

JOE

Quote from: DKG on December 14, 2023, 10:39:37 AMDead wrong. There has been nothing but cuts and pain under Trudeau. Canadians have seen their purchasing power cut under many tax increases, reckless spending, foolish green measures and unsustainable immigration levels. They have meant a deterioration of health care, less and more expensive housing, more expensive transportation, more expensive electricity, more expensive home heating, and more expensive food.

Cutting spending means lowering inflation, lowering deficits and putting more money in Canadians pockets. The exact opposite of what you wrote.

I don't think there's anything wrong with stating what's to come.

People have to sober up and suck it up, DKG.

If pain's a comin in Canada, it's comin'

Just like Argentina.

I don't begrudge the Tories if they have to make budget cuts and spending is outta control. The Liberals cut big time in the 1990s when Chretien came in, and nobody objected back then. So it is slanted to portray the Tories as ogres if they end up doing the same thing.

Things like free dental care the Libs/NDP promised probably out the window when the next administration comes in after the next election. Yeah, I'd like free dental care too, free this, free that, but in all honesty, can the country afford it?

I actually agree with you and those on the Canadian right that things have gone astray under Trudeau. He doesn't seem to be in control. He's not strong enough as a leader. I think he wants to be in this business to be liked and popular, but a leader shouldn't be in it for glamour or a popularity contest. Leaders have to make tough decisions sometimes and they have to act like and be men. Even if it makes them unpopular with the public. And that applies to spending and budgets.

Shen Li

Quote from: DKG on December 14, 2023, 10:39:37 AMDead wrong. There has been nothing but cuts and pain under Trudeau. Canadians have seen their purchasing power cut under many tax increases, reckless spending, foolish green measures and unsustainable immigration levels. They have meant a deterioration of health care, less and more expensive housing, more expensive transportation, more expensive electricity, more expensive home heating, and more expensive food.

Spending cuts are only painful when they are accompanied by tax increases. Ralph Klein and former Finance Minister Paul Martin did it right. They cut spending and gave widespread tax relief.

I won't be here, but I hope the next Canadian PM follows Klein and Martin's example. I don't know the new Prez of Argie, but if he is slashing taxes/fees while cutting government spending largesse, he will succeed in making Argies more prosperous.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Thiel

Quote from: Shen Li on December 14, 2023, 04:07:08 PMSpending cuts are only painful when they are accompanied by tax increases. Ralph Klein and former Finance Minister Paul Martin did it right. They cut spending and gave widespread tax relief.

I won't be here, but I hope the next Canadian PM follows Klein and Martin's example. I don't know the new Prez of Argie, but if he is slashing taxes/fees while cutting government spending largesse, he will succeed in making Argies more prosperous.
I will put a Milton Friedman for Dummies in Jo Jo's stocking this year.
Funny Funny x 1 View List
gay, conservative and proud