The best topic

Replies: 8392
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 30, 2024, 10:21:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Hunter Biden’s memoir comes back to haunt him as California indictment references it repeatedly

Started by Conservative Perspective, December 11, 2023, 05:36:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conservative Perspective

Hunter Biden's memoir comes back to haunt him as California indictment references it repeatedly

Hunter Biden's 2021 memoir, "Beautiful Things," was cited repeatedly in a California indictment detailing tax charges against him this week.

Source: Hunter Biden's memoir comes back to haunt him as California indictment references it repeatedly

Thiel

Hunter Biden said this today. "Let me state as clearly as I can: my father was not financially involved in my business, not as a practicing lawyer, not as a board member of Burisma, not in my partnership with a Chinese private businessman, not in my investments at home nor abroad, and certainly not as an artist."

Hunter's claim — that President Biden was not "financially involved" in his business schemes — is a significant departure from what President Biden has long maintained.

For years, Biden said that he never even discussed business with his son. But that narrative began to change earlier this year when Devon Archer, one of Hunter's longtime business associates, testified to Congress that Biden had conversed with his son's business associates on numerous occasions. At the time, the White House said that Biden "was never in business with his son."

But now the denial is exceptionally specific — and Republicans quickly took notice.

"Once again, the Bidens are moving the goalposts," said House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Jason Smith (R).

"The biggest takeaway was the statement from Mr. Biden where he said my father was not 'financially involved' in the business," explained House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jim Jordan (R). "That is a huge change, which sort of means, 'He's involved.' I think that's how anyone with common sense would read it: He's been involved, just not financially. That is a huge departure from everything they have said now for the last three and a half years."
gay, conservative and proud

Thiel

ep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.) may have invited legal scrutiny into his life for helping Hunter Biden defy a congressional subpoena.

Last week, the first son refused to appear at a congressional deposition for which he had been subpoenaed. During the scheduled hearing time, Hunter delivered a brief speech outside the the Capitol with Swalwell standing nearby. Swalwell later confirmed that he reserved that spot for Hunter's speech.

With the California Democrat's on-the-record assistance, Swalwell is now being accused of aiding and abetting Hunter's contempt of Congress.

Last week, Rep. Darrell Issa (D-Calif.) wrote the leaders of the House Ethics Committee and House Administration Committee asking them for guidance on what he described to the Washington Examiner as Swalwell's "aiding and abetting contempt."
gay, conservative and proud

Oerdin

I doubt anything will happen to them no matter how guilty he and his whole family are.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Herman

Quote from: Oerdin on December 19, 2023, 12:14:14 AMI doubt anything will happen to them no matter how guilty he and his whole family are.
Nothing will happen to them. democRAT privilege and all.
Agree Agree x 1 View List