Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 04:46:53 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

A Good & Happy Video for TheProwler to watch

Started by JOE, December 19, 2023, 03:29:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

...couldn't be more timely...

...sez we're headed fer tough times, Prowler.

And yer pricey home could go down sharply in value.

I hope yer prepared.

Better consider sellin' yer overvalued cars & consider buyin' a used Pinto instead, eh?

DKG

Responsible adults who own property and are invested in our own retirements know that over time both go up. They never stay down.

JOE

Quote from: DKG on December 19, 2023, 10:49:07 AMResponsible adults who own property and are invested in our own retirements know that over time both go up. They never stay down.

But what do you think the economic outlook is for 2024/25...DKG?

I heard from the experts that 2024 will be bad, worse 'n 2023.

So 2025 caint be lookin that good either.

From the info, I'd gather we won't be outta the woods until at least 2026 or 27, eh

What's yer take...DKG?

Anyways, I was lookin at buying property outside of Vancouver where it's a lot cheaper. Its a real super gyp where I live, eh? I don't see the point in paying $100,000 for a parking space, DKG when in some countries you can buy a resort property for that amount. Not kidding about the parking space either. Saw one listed in DT Vancouver for that much.

Vancouver or much of Canada is a real waste of time IMHO unless a person wants a real expensive hood ornament disguised as a piece of real estate, eh.

The powers that be keep our RE prices high ta trap us, eh?

They never want Canadians to be outta debt so they have a ball and chain around their ankles so they're never free.

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on December 19, 2023, 03:29:38 AM...couldn't be more timely...

...sez we're headed fer tough times, Prowler.

And yer pricey home could go down sharply in value.

I hope yer prepared.

Better consider sellin' yer overvalued cars & consider buyin' a used Pinto instead, eh?

What do I care if my house value goes down?

I live in it.  It is not an investment.  Hahaha!!

If the economy gets really, really bad, my biggest concern will be how other people are reacting, not how my own finances are holding out.  I am one of the people who are in an excellent financial position to survive a bad period.

You are way too desperate, Senile Joe.

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on December 19, 2023, 12:04:50 PMI heard from the experts that 2024 will be bad, worse 'n 2023.

2023 was not bad at all.

The TSX has gone up and down all year.  Which is just fine with me.

I am in high dividend yielding stocks, so I am generally getting a 5-6% return on my investments.

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on December 19, 2023, 12:04:50 PMThey never want Canadians to be outta debt so they have a ball and chain around their ankles so they're never free.

I have not been in debt for decades.

You are not very bright, Senile Joe.

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on December 19, 2023, 01:27:57 PM2023 was not bad at all.

The TSX has gone up and down all year.  Which is just fine with me.

I am in high dividend yielding stocks, so I am generally getting a 5-6% return on my investments.

Geez, I'm gettin' 6.1% on a single GIC Prowler.

So the reality is, yer equities aint doin' that well.

Yer actually below the average return of many other investors, includin' someone who is just in GIC's.

From what I've heard, equities/stocks isn't the place ta be these days Prowler.

Market has shifted very fast in just 2 years.

Yeah, I was lookin' at some dividend stocks.

And so what?

It's when ya snag the next up and coming google or Microsoft that your investing acumen means anything, Prowler.

You just follow the crowd, that's all.

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on December 19, 2023, 01:39:21 PMGeez, I'm gettin' 6.1% on a single GIC Prowler.

So the reality is, yer equities aint doin' that well.

I am checking right now...

My TFSA performance over the last 12 months is 18.69%.

Now, the market is up, so this will probably go down a bit....but I am still smoking you, Senile Joe.

Here is a screenshot, Senile Joe, of the performance chart from just a few minutes ago:

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on December 19, 2023, 01:39:21 PMYer actually below the average return of many other investors, includin' someone who is just in GIC's.

From what I've heard, equities/stocks isn't the place ta be these days Prowler.

Market has shifted very fast in just 2 years.

Yeah, I was lookin' at some dividend stocks.

And so what?

It's when ya snag the next up and coming google or Microsoft that your investing acumen means anything, Prowler.

You just follow the crowd, that's all.

Hahaha!!!

You are ranting like a beaten man, Retard Joe.

Oh, I realize that I post the chart for just the last month....here is the chart for 12 months...

Brent

Quote from: TheProwler on December 19, 2023, 01:29:58 PMI have not been in debt for decades.

You are not very bright, Senile Joe.
Didn't Joe take out a pretend student loan recently. He wants everybody to know the made up details about his life, but he is too checkenshit to post a picture of himself.

Oerdin

The problem with doom predictions is they are wrong 99% of the time.

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on December 19, 2023, 01:39:21 PMGeez

Geez Old Man Joe, you sure bailed from this thread in a hurry!

Hahahaha!!!