The best topic

Replies: 7374
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:29:59 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by formosan

I was interested in buying some Original Artwork (don't look if nudity offends you)....

Started by JOE, December 20, 2023, 09:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

....Nice work, was interested, and seems like a good price, good deal:

However, I'm a bit reluctant to for a couple of reasons.

1. Artist is not 'Brand Name' - that is, he's not that well known like a Chagall, Picasso or Warhol.
2. Price paid for the item may not be redeemable if sold to somebody else. Potential buyer may not be willing to pay the prices approaching what it was sold for. So if it came to re-sell the item at some point, it may go for a fraction of what one paid for it.
3. Or, it may not sell at all in the future. Curiously, the work went unsold in this auction. So there may have been a reason why. Too risquee? Too controversial?
4. Plus, there were comparable works by better known artists on that website, all original art, which were asking or selling for less. And perhaps better quality as well. So it is quite possible that a person could score 3 or even 4 superior art works for the price of this painting. So a person could probably get more 'bang for their buck' buying something else.

Fine Art is a tricky business. What you may think is outstanding is mediocre or unappealing to others, and hence is reflected in its potential sale price.

I was tempted to bit the bullet on this one, but not so much anymore.

Anyways, ifya want it, it's yours for a measely $8,000 US
Personally, I'd be willing to go $2 to 3 thousand, but not 8.