Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:47:48 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

A

Union wages benefit Alberta

Started by Anonymous, August 30, 2014, 05:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romero

Quote from: "Obvious Li"i pay my premiums every pay period and collect when the greedy corporation i work for lays me off every fall

What you pay is nowhere near what you get back. EI premiums are less than 2% of salary. That nowhere near equals months of benefits.

People who are actually working and their employers have to pay for the rest. This includes government employees and their employers(taxpayers).

Saying you pay for your benefits is like someone burning their house down every year and saying they pay for fire insurance.

QuoteWhile you are receiving EI benefits, you are responsible for:

-looking for a job and being prepared to take available work;

-advising us if you cannot look for or accept a job because you are sick, pregnant, caring for your newborn or newly adopted child, or caring for a gravely ill family member;

-declaring all actual or expected gross earnings, including self-employment earnings or earnings you will receive later;

-informing us when you do any unpaid work (for example, volunteer work);

-providing accurate and complete information to us; and

reporting all absences from Canada , including when you leave the country for a vacation.

If you knowingly withhold information or misrepresent the facts to make a false claim, you are committing fraud. In this case, you may be penalized or prosecuted. In addition, your employer or any third party who helps you commit fraud may also be penalized or prosecuted when we detect the fraudulent activity.

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/ei/fraud/fraud_serious.shtml">//http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/ei/fraud/fraud_serious.shtml

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "Obvious Li"i pay my premiums every pay period and collect when the greedy corporation i work for lays me off every fall

What you pay is nowhere near what you get back. EI premiums are less than 2% of salary. That nowhere near equals months of benefits.

People who are actually working and their employers have to pay for the rest. This includes government employees and their employers(taxpayers).

Saying you pay for your benefits is like someone burning their house down every year and saying they pay for fire insurance.

-advising us if you cannot look for or accept a job because you are sick, pregnant, caring for your newborn or newly adopted child, or caring for a gravely ill family member;

-declaring all actual or expected gross earnings, including self-employment earnings or earnings you will receive later;

reporting all absences from Canada , including when you leave the country for a vacation.

If you knowingly withhold information or misrepresent the facts to make a false claim, you are committing fraud. In this case, you may be penalized or prosecuted. In addition, your employer or any third party who helps you commit fraud may also be penalized or prosecuted when we detect the fraudulent activity.

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/ei/fraud/fraud_serious.shtml">//http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/ei/fraud/fraud_serious.shtml

some pretty harsh conditions homy......thankfully you can fill out the questions online.....takes about 20 seconds and then you are good to go.....lying to a criminal enterprise like govt. is every taxpayers duty and responsibility....we have a voluntary arrangement with our oppressors......they ask we answer.....that is the system........i follow the rules as they are given

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"

some pretty harsh conditions homy......thankfully you can fill out the questions online.....takes about 20 seconds and then you are good to go.....lying to a criminal enterprise like govt. is every taxpayers duty and responsibility....we have a voluntary arrangement with our oppressors......they ask we answer.....that is the system........i follow the rules as they are given

Do you have to show you are looking for work on regular EI benefits Obvious Li?

Anonymous

EI doesn't pay very much though does it?

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Do you have to show you are looking for work on regular EI benefits Obvious Li?

technically you are supposed to spend your time looking for work.....but as i mentioned the system has self-reporting requirements.....when you are a little older and wiser and have been at loggerheads witht he system for decades you learn how to defeat it rather easily...that goes for all govt. departments...as soon as you challenge a govt. worker or put the onus to solve the problem on them they dissapear.....once you understand how they function it becomes rather fun watching them scurry like cockroaches when you get in their face....which you must do or they will suck out your soul.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "seoulbro"

EI pays around 2/3 rds. of your regular wages up to a maximum of about $550 a week (i know i'm off a bit on that number??) in any case i get around $1600/mo. in the winter and the dragon gets about $1400.......we don't really have to depend on the money so for us it is just fun money...i use mine to bankroll my winter poker playing......she spend hers in the slot machines (plus a lot more)..... so we do our bit to help the govt. waste as much as it can....this is a great country, with a well run, smooth functioning, progressive govt. bureaucracy.....cheers

Chickenfeets

Last time I was on EI (for about two and a half months) was in 1986.

Are you saying I've been funding your wintertime poker jags all these years, Mr. Munday?

I don't ever want to see you call me a moocher again.  :D

Romero

Quote from: "Obvious Li"in any case i get around $1600/mo. in the winter and the dragon gets about $1400

You're both milking EI?

I can't believe you'll criticize government workers who are actually working and contributing. They're helping to pay you two to sit on your asses and vacation in Vegas.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Obvious Li"in any case i get around $1600/mo. in the winter and the dragon gets about $1400

You're both milking EI?

I can't believe you'll criticize government workers who are actually working and contributing. They're helping to pay you two to sit on your asses and vacation in Vegas.

ain't it great...i love it..........milking EI....??? we are receiving payouts from an insurance claim to which we dutifully paid the appropriate premiums.....as opposed to a govt. worker who wastes taxpayers money just by existing...i know it may be a too subtle difference for you to comprehend but possibly, eventually it will sink in

Anonymous

EI pays around 2/3 rds. of your regular wages up to a maximum of about $550 a week (i know i'm off a bit on that number??) in any case i get around $1600/mo. in the winter and the dragon gets about $1400.......we don't really have to depend on the money so for us it is just fun money...i use mine to bankroll my winter poker playing......she spend hers in the slot machines (plus a lot more)..... so we do our bit to help the govt. waste as much as it can....this is a great country, with a well run, smooth functioning, progressive govt. bureaucracy.....cheers

I love ya handsome, but this rubs me the wrong fucking way. Do you think it's fair that you and I pay the same EI premiums? I never even collected that pittance after I gave birth ffs!!

Romero

Quote from: "Obvious Li"we are receiving payouts from an insurance claim to which we dutifully paid the appropriate premiums

EI premiums are less than 2% of paid salary. It nowhere near adds up to $1,600/month for several months.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Shen Li"

I love ya handsome, but this rubs me the wrong fucking way. Do you think it's fair that you and I pay the same EI premiums? I never even collected that pittance after I gave birth ffs!!

not my problem you don't want to use an existing insurance program....that's what it is there for...if not you...then who ????

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Obvious Li"we are receiving payouts from an insurance claim to which we dutifully paid the appropriate premiums

EI premiums are less than 2% of paid salary. It nowhere near adds up to $1,600/month for several months.

neither does the $400/yr house insurance premium cover the cost of your new 500k house when it burns down...that's how insurance works...or in any case EI seems to be working just fine...there are huge surpluses each year

Anonymous

not my problem you don't want to use an existing insurance program....that's what it is there for...if not you...then who ????

Alright, but I would still like to see a REAL insurance program in it's place.

Obvious Li

Alright, but I would still like to see a REAL insurance program in it's place.

agreed wit you......however, as long as the govt. is involved it will be a completely fucked up program....ran, badly, inefficiently and they will steal money from it....true dat