Replies: 7564
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 04:29:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Thiel

I spent $6000 US on software today

Started by JOE, December 31, 2023, 03:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

.....well not at once but in 3 monthly installments.

Actually it includes 4 major software programs. High end VFX software used in the movies by Hollywood.

So....I figger it might be worth the investment at $1500 for each program. I gotta deal from the company cuz the actual retail price for the studios probably more like $20,000 US.

Anyways hopefully I kin make a buck offa my digital investment. I figger with the right training and connections I might be able to charge $50 per billable hour or more. At least we have a branch plant movie industry in Vancouver so ta never know. Lotta American studios like Disney and Paramount are licated here eh.

I'll see how it goes whether it was a good or bad purchase in the future. Lol.

Oh well $6000 USD or $8000 Canadian gone from the bank account!

reaps the honest

I'm sure the entire forum is better off knowing what you spend your $ on.
Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 2 View List

Brent

Quote from: reaps the honest on December 31, 2023, 03:56:55 PMI'm sure the entire forum is better off knowing what you spend your $ on.
He posts stories about his imaginary life like we want to know even if they were true, but he doesn't have the balls to post a picture of himself.

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on December 31, 2023, 03:40:17 PM.....well not at once but in 3 monthly installments.

Quote from: JOE on December 31, 2023, 03:40:17 PMOh well $6000 USD or $8000 Canadian gone from the bank account!

Contradiction spotted.

Liar Joe does what liars do...

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on December 31, 2023, 09:28:42 PMContradiction spotted.

Liar Joe does what liars do...

So ya don't believe me, eh Prowlah?

Well, I was gonna see if I could make a few extra bucks on the side, eh?
Y'know...a side hustle.

I remember I talked to ya in another forum about makin' NFT's.

That software can do that as well as Big Budget high end Hollywood films.

Mind you...and this is bein' truthful...whether I can git skilled enough at the software is anoddah thing Prowlah. I hope this software isn't too difficult ta learn. I don't even know how ta get it up and runnin' yet.  Looks like one mighty steep learnin' curve. Probably take me 1 year ta learn the basics. Hopefully after a few months I'll be able ta at least open up the application(s) and get something goin.

I hope this expense doesn't go ta waste.
With the amount of money I spent on this software, I'd sure as hell better make a few dollars offa it.

Oh well, I'm gonna try Prowlah.

Wish me luck, eh?

Oliver the Second

Spend a little more and take some classes, it can be damn confusing to try and learn new software on your own.

JOE

Quote from: Oliver the Second on December 31, 2023, 10:53:55 PMSpend a little more and take some classes, it can be damn confusing to try and learn new software on your own.

Probably will. It looks too damn difficult ta learn on my own & I'm sure I'd need at least a year to get competent at the basics. Another app like that is AutoCAD. You could take 3 terms of it and still only scratch the surface. I took a couple of months of it and still barely know it, other 'n ta draw a few lines, set some dimensions and set up or determine the paper size. REVIT was even more difficult. I still barely know how ta get a working drawing set up on that one.

But thanks for the advice Ollie.

I'd better try to make at least as much back as I spent on it.

Worse comes ta worse, I know I could sell/transfer this software to somebody else. Because it's in demand in the industry. And the version I bought is a fully commercial permanent license.

Somebody'd want it - plus the company will officially stop selling any more new permanent versions of it After December 31st - which is today.

After that, it becomes subscriber only. Just like Adobe and Autodesk.

So they'll create this 'manufactured rarity'. It becomes rare cuz they won't make it anymore as a permanent license product.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: reaps the honest on December 31, 2023, 03:56:55 PMI'm sure the entire forum is better off knowing what you spend your $ on.
I'm excited that he posted this on New Years Eve too

very benevolent of him

I feel like now I can walk into the new year a complete soul.

thanks, J  :good:
Funny Funny x 2 View List

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on December 31, 2023, 10:11:54 PMHopefully after a few months I'll be able ta at least open up the application(s)

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on January 01, 2024, 03:32:07 AMHahahahahahaha!!!!!

I like this idea we discussed about makin' NFT's Pwohlah.
I think that's a good idea and a potential stream of income.

Talk about making an easy buck from nothin', eh?

Jus need the software, a wall socket, a computer and yer all set.

Invest nothin' except yer time in makin' 'em. At least if it doesn't make money, it's not great loss.

Other than the software or PC, No capital,  excess overhead,  downpayment needed.

DKG

Quote from: Brent on December 31, 2023, 04:54:14 PMHe posts stories about his imaginary life like we want to know even if they were true, but he doesn't have the balls to post a picture of himself.
Edward and Joe are very similar trolls.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on January 01, 2024, 11:42:14 AMI like this idea we discussed about makin' NFT's Pwohlah.
I think that's a good idea and a potential stream of income.

Talk about making an easy buck from nothin', eh?

Jus need the software, a wall socket, a computer and yer all set.

Invest nothin' except yer time in makin' 'em. At least if it doesn't make money, it's not great loss.

Other than the software or PC, No capital,  excess overhead,  downpayment needed.

It is probably your best chance at success, Senile Joe.

Thiel

Quote from: TheProwler on January 01, 2024, 04:54:54 PMIt is probably your best chance at success, Senile Joe.
Excuse me sir, I am Jo Jo's best chance at success.
gay, conservative and proud