Replies: 7374
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:29:59 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by formosan

DeSantis gets a participation award.

Started by Frood, January 15, 2024, 07:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent

I like Trump, but I wish he would stop lying about DeSantis. He said  "the biggest fan of Dr. Fauci was Ron De-Sanctimonious." That is a blatant lie. DeSantis was on Fauci's naughty list.

Trump was the one who kept him, promoted him, left him in there, followed his advice for a year. He can't be serious about trying to pin Fauci on Ron DeSantis.

This is waht I don't like about Trump.

Frood

Quote from: Brent on January 15, 2024, 07:16:45 PMI like Trump, but I wish he would stop lying about DeSantis. He said  "the biggest fan of Dr. Fauci was Ron De-Sanctimonious." That is a blatant lie. DeSantis was on Fauci's naughty list.

Trump was the one who kept him, promoted him, left him in there, followed his advice for a year. He can't be serious about trying to pin Fauci on Ron DeSantis.

This is waht I don't like about Trump.

Is there context for what Trump said though? There generally is and the snippet gets taken out of context.

ie shooting bleach into your butthole or veins during covid.

Not saying he's beyond reproach or isn't outright lying....just that he's bombastic at times, shoots from the hip, and is a fantastic troll.
Blahhhhhh...

Lokmar

Thiel

Quote from: Brent on January 15, 2024, 07:16:45 PMI like Trump, but I wish he would stop lying about DeSantis. He said  "the biggest fan of Dr. Fauci was Ron De-Sanctimonious." That is a blatant lie. DeSantis was on Fauci's naughty list.

This is what I don't like about Trump.
He wouldn't be Donald Trump if he stopped making outrageous statements like that one.
gay, conservative and proud

Frood

I've had reservations about Trump on and off, but the reasons for them I've realised are because he was the new guy on the block and just made a few bad decisions/got captured by hucksters.

I don't worship the guy. He's got plenty of faults and so do I.

But he's always been the guy who learns from his bad judgements and I'd like to think we're a lot alike, despite our worlds being very different.

So when he says these attacks on him are really attacks on people like us, I know it's true.

It's an attack on the drive to succeed, no matter how you frame success in your own personal works. These people opposing Trump don't like us... the dirty masses.

I applaud Trump for getting where he's gotten, seed money or not....and his morals or drive to deliver (many debate which takes a backseat) don't matter. He's done the work, remained pretty consistent,and plods on... I'd like to see an apology from him for the jabs, at least how life went after they were rolled out... but he's being assailed while running for office. He can't allow a single crack in his armor at this point, or before.

If he doesn't apologise after re-earning office, well then fuck it... he's still been a good president, but a fuckhead... like me!  :yeahhh:
Blahhhhhh...

Thiel

I am not a MAGA Trump fan. But, there are some planks in his platform I like. There is nothing in Biden's platform I like.
gay, conservative and proud

Frood

1. No foreign entanglements

2. Energy independence

3. Populism under the guidelines of the US Bill of Rights

4. No foreign invasions of the borders

5. The fair treatment of all citizens and legal migrants within the US structure

Yeah, it jives...

I'm sure I'm missing some stuff... like walking over the Korean line of demarcation and being friendly yet strong to other foreign leaders.

The guy has no shortage of balls.

We need a baller and not a sniffer, warmongers, or daddy's boy.

Like it or lump it, Trump is the only viable person at this point who can pull the US back into a rational footing and by default, placate the growing unrest plaguing much of the world..

But he is a fuckwit... every single one of us are... he's just a better positioned battle hardened fuckwit with a YUGE! ego...

:thumbup2:
Winner Winner x 1 View List
Blahhhhhh...

Lokmar

Winner Winner x 1 View List

Frood

My wife is not a fan of some of my actions or convictions just like my grandparents on my mother's side didn't much care for each other's voting actions... so they both agreed to not argue in the 60's. One was left of centre, one was right of centre and always got fired up...

So they did the only thing that otherwise loving couples do... they decided that neither one should vote BECAUSE it fired them up against each other, and HEY, they were voting against each other and that cancels out the need to vote.

I love my mother's parents.... RIP.

I've occasionally felt their presence since they passed decades ago and one time (at band camp...) they broke through and had a hearty chat with me for a few minutes,seemingly in my head,yet everything they said was just goodness, and light, and perspective, and I didn't have any of that shit at the time nor the imagination to even dream or conjure it up.

So, yes... there is an afterlife... Or post human carnation. Sometimes the barriers wear down a fraction.
Blahhhhhh...

Herman

Quote from: Frood on January 15, 2024, 09:07:29 PM1. No foreign entanglements

2. Energy independence

3. Populism under the guidelines of the US Bill of Rights

4. No foreign invasions of the borders

5. The fair treatment of all citizens and legal migrants within the US structure

Yeah, it jives...

I'm sure I'm missing some stuff... like walking over the Korean line of demarcation and being friendly yet strong to other foreign leaders.

The guy has no shortage of balls.

We need a baller and not a sniffer, warmongers, or daddy's boy.

Like it or lump it, Trump is the only viable person at this point who can pull the US back into a rational footing and by default, placate the growing unrest plaguing much of the world..

But he is a fuckwit... every single one of us are... he's just a better positioned battle hardened fuckwit with a YUGE! ego...

:thumbup2:
The first two were successes for Trump. From health care to draining the swamp, he was not successful. Even his signature policy, the well, he could not work with congress on that when he had a GOP majority.

Frood

Quote from: Herman on January 15, 2024, 10:22:56 PMThe first two were successes for Trump. From health care to draining the swamp, he was not successful. Even his signature policy, the well, he could not work with congress on that when he had a GOP majority.

Congress refused to work with him....except a small minority.
Blahhhhhh...

Herman

Quote from: Frood on January 15, 2024, 10:25:05 PMCongress refused to work with him....except a small minority.
That is a big problem. I do not expect him to be a total sellout like Ronald Reagan was, but he has to be able to get a few items across the finish line.

Frood

Quote from: Herman on January 15, 2024, 10:29:33 PMThat is a big problem. I do not expect him to be a total sellout like Ronald Reagan was, but he has to be able to get a few items across the finish line.

Reagan did pretty well his first term..

I believe with future medical technology, we'll know what really killed him and Nancy.

Blahhhhhh...

Herman

Quote from: Frood on January 15, 2024, 11:24:26 PMReagan did pretty well his first term..

I believe with future medical technology, we'll know what really killed him and Nancy.

With the exception of increasing military spending, he caved on everything else. His signature issue was shrinking the size of government and Tip O'Neill stopped him dead in his tracks. Reagan was a mediocre president.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview