The best topic

Replies: 7374
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:29:59 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by formosan

Tomorrow is my last trip before I begin pre retirement annual vacation

Started by Brent, January 24, 2024, 06:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Brent

After 34 years at Canadian Pacific, tomorrow's trip will be my last.

I turn 55 on April 25 and I officially retire May 1. I have to use up my annual vacation left over from 2023 plus 2024's AV, plus stat days, plus some banked time. That will carry me until May 1. :stars:

Oliver the Second

Congratulations!

55 is kind of young to retire though isn't it? You could still drive that train for many more years.

Moonie

Brent

Quote from: Oliver the Second on January 24, 2024, 07:18:18 PMCongratulations!

55 is kind of young to retire though isn't it? You could still drive that train for many more years.
Not at all. I got my 85 points in. This is one of the perks of having a unionized job like CP that has a defined benefit pension plan.

I am really fit and healthy. I am going to collect that pension for at least three decades. :yeahhh:

Brent

Quote from: Moonie on January 24, 2024, 07:20:18 PMCongratulations to you!! Enjoy your trip!!
Thank you. I will have a big grin on my face from the time I leave my home terminal until I return. :whoo:

Moonie

Quote from: Brent on January 24, 2024, 07:28:11 PMThank you. I will have a big grin on my face from the time I leave my home terminal until I return. :whoo:

I bet!! Enjoy!  :drunk2:

Frood

Congrats

If you need somebody to temp in your place, I can pitch in.

:pardon:
Blahhhhhh...

Thiel

Quote from: Brent on January 24, 2024, 06:47:54 PMAfter 34 years at Canadian Pacific, tomorrow's trip will be my last.

I turn 55 on April 25 and I officially retire May 1. I have to use up my annual vacation left over from 2023 plus 2024's AV, plus stat days, plus some banked time. That will carry me until May 1. :stars:
Congratulations Mr Iron Horse Jockey. Thirty four years working for the same company is a long time. And I am sure some days you will miss "working on railroad." Not all and perhaps not that many. But, you will some people after all that time wotking with them.

Are you and your wife still planning on living abroad? If so, perhaps Jo and Jo and I can come visit you.
gay, conservative and proud

Lokmar

Good for you!!! I'd like to be able to do the same but I'll have to work till 60 at least. My woke assed company continues to cut pay and shove DIEversity all about. Its fucked up!

A train is a really cool piece of equipment!!! Hope you had a good time!

Herman

Right on brother. You worked for your money and I am glad to see ya leaving with a good railway pension.

Start enjoying your life. I started working like a donkey when I retired. And I am loving every minute of my new line of work. I hope you find something you like to do too.

Biggie Smiles

JOE

Quote from: Brent on January 24, 2024, 07:28:11 PMThank you. I will have a big grin on my face from the time I leave my home terminal until I return. :whoo:

You must have really hated your job, eh Brent?
Fuck You! Fuck You! x 1 Shit Post! Shit Post! x 2 View List

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on January 25, 2024, 12:02:30 AMYou must have really hated your job, eh Brent?

I feel sorry for anyone that "loves their job" because that means they do not get enough enjoyment from other things in life.

It is all relative.

You are a sorry sack of shit, Senile Joe, who likes to be told where to go at what time and what to do when you get there.  I would be miserable if I had to live like you.  But a small brained slug like you will mistake contentment for happiness because with dull intelligence comes dull emotions.

So when someone like Brent is happy about leaving his job, it does not mean he "really hated" it.  It means he has other things that he enjoys much more.

This is why dumb fucks like Senile Joe should work until he is dead while people who really know how to enjoy life should retire young.
Agree Agree x 1 Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

DKG

Quote from: JOE on January 25, 2024, 12:02:30 AMYou must have really hated your job, eh Brent?
Another predictable petulant comment from a jealous insecure old man.

Brent has a defined benefit pension and Joe would be eating at soup kitchens if it wasn't for his boyfriend Thiel.