News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 7553
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 11:58:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

I bought a Hollywood/Made for TV costume today...

Started by JOE, January 27, 2024, 09:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Brent

Quote from: JOE on February 13, 2024, 04:30:17 AMWell Brent I foolishly spent thousands of dollars on collector comic books & gold coins in the past year. At least they are easy to unload cuz the grading agencies do all the work for the collector. They grade, authenticate & put em in a nice case so they are easy to re sell. I think I'm gonna sell em off & recoup the costs. Hopefully I'll break even.

However I would be very reluctant to spend any money on hot wheel cars of any value simply because I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Laugh if you might but Collector Hot Wheel cars are very expensive yanno. Take a look:

You could get carried away and blow all your retirement savings on em. How does one know if they are even real? Or if they are just cheap knock offs? I wouldn't.

In that regard they are somewhat similar to real cars. Namely collector vintage cars. If a person's gonna invest in either then they'd better know what they  are doing eh?

It's irrelevant since you are flat broke and one OAS cheque away from being homeless. So, you should be nicer to your boyfriend Thiel. Nobody else would support your broke ass.

JOE

Quote from: Brent on February 13, 2024, 02:00:58 PMIt's irrelevant since you are flat broke and one OAS cheque away from being homeless. So, you should be nicer to your boyfriend Thiel. Nobody else would support your broke ass.

Since you always talk about Thiel maybe you oughta get together with him and go for a bangin' session, Brent. I know Herman and DKG caint get him out of their minds either. So you guys should get together for a 4 some and bang each other, eh Brent?

Make ya'll feel a lot better and release yer pent desires fer each other. Bang each other to your hearts content.

Whaddya say Brent?

I think it'd be good for ya.

Lokmar

Silver is down, josephine. You best buy some!  :popcorn:

TheProwler

Quote from: Lokmar on February 13, 2024, 08:49:54 PMSilver is down, josephine. You best buy some!  :popcorn:

That stupid cunt Senile Joe is out of money!!!

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on February 13, 2024, 10:32:52 PMYou loser.

According to the Hagerty Index, a better buy for a car of a comparable amount you spent would have been a Shelby, Prowler.

I looked it up and over time, the Shelby is worth at least 2 times as much as your Corvette or Camaro. Maybe 3.

If I were spending $100,000 on a muscle car, I'd buy the Shelby.

Some Vintage shelbys are now worth $1 million, eh.

Your car will only be worth 1/3 of a Shelby in 10 years Prowler. Maybe 1/2 at very most?

And you'll be kicking yourself (in the teeth and pockebook) and regretting it.

You'll say, "Why didn't I buy the Shelby Instead!"

Oh well, idiots like you throw their money on cars that depreciate rather than cars that APPRECIATE.

That's the difference between a smart car buyer and a dumb one, Prowler.

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on February 13, 2024, 10:33:55 PMThat stupid cunt Senile Joe is out of money!!!

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

But I can re-sell my stuff and get at least 90% of what I paid for it.

In some cases 110-120% Prowler.

so in the event that I sell, can break even and get the money back.

Meanwhile your overpriced late model Corvette will continue to depreciate.

And in 10 years will be worth 1/3 the value of my collectibles.

Unlike you, I stay away from common overly mass produced items and buy only rare and popular collectible instead.

Anyway, your car will depreciate and be worth 1/2 or less what you paid for it.

As for my stuff? At least 100%. But likely 120% +.

Ya see Prowler, that is the difference between a smart buyer and a dumb one.

As for your car with the money you spent? I woulda bought a Shelby instead.

Lokmeer coulda told you which is the better car.

Herman

Joe took buses and the Skytrain before he hooked up with old Thiel.

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on February 13, 2024, 10:55:23 PMIf I were spending $100,000 on a muscle car, I'd buy the Shelby.

The C8 Corvette is not a muscle car, you ignorant cunt.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on February 13, 2024, 11:03:54 PMDerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I can afford to spend money on things that bring me pleasure, Senile Joe.

You should have managed your finances better and you may have found yourself in the same position.

You dumb cunt.

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on February 13, 2024, 11:31:39 PMI can afford to spend money on things that bring me pleasure, Senile Joe.

You should have managed your finances better and you may have found yourself in the same position.

You dumb cunt.

You spent too much Prowler.
Admit it.

The Shelby would have been a better buy.

BTW keep calling me that, because you only debase yourself further.

Da Ladies at BF are all laughin' at you  Prowler.

They're starting to think you're a mentally unstable goof, which you are.

Calling a guy a 'cunt' is the equivalent of calling a White guy a 'nigger'

If you do that repeatedly, he's gonna laugh at you.

...at least when you try to insult someone, be smarter about it.

TheProwler

Brent

Quote from: JOE on February 13, 2024, 05:56:19 PMSince you always talk about Thiel maybe you oughta get together with him and go for a bangin' session, Brent. I know Herman and DKG caint get him out of their minds either. So you guys should get together for a 4 some and bang each other, eh Brent?

Make ya'll feel a lot better and release yer pent desires fer each other. Bang each other to your hearts content.

Whaddya say Brent?

I think it'd be good for ya.
Thiel always talks about you. He is proud of his relationship with you and you are shy.

I am not judging you. I think you made a wise decision. You are in your final years of life. Nobody wants to die broke.

Oliver the Second

SPEND THAT CASH while it's still worth something...

Yoda's walking stick, Hannibal Lecter's mask among iconic film props on auction in L.A.

Items from some of the most iconic films in the history of cinema are headed to auction this week.

The auction, coordinated by Studio Auctions in Manhattan Beach, features props, costumes and production items from some of the most culturally significant films to ever grace the silver screen, as well as some beloved television series.

Items currently receiving bids include Hannibal Lecter's mask worn by Anthony Hopkins in the Oscar-winning thriller "The Silence of the Lambs," a hoverboard used by Marty McFly, aka Michael J. Fox, in the classic sequel film "Back to the Future: Part II," and an original stunt axe used by Jack Nicholson in Stanley Kubrick's iconic horror film "The Shining."

The auction is entitled "The Force Is Strong With Studio Auctions," referencing the iconic "Star Wars" franchise which is heavily represented in the auction.

Yoda's walking stick from both "Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back" and "Star Wars: Return of the Jedi," is currently up for grabs and an original fully animatronic R2-D2 droid from the Disney+ series "Obi-Wan Kenobi" is currently receiving bids in the six-figures. The interior of the faithful droid has been signed by the show's stars, Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen, as well as director and executive producer Deborah Chow.

Props and costumes from Marvel, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park and Batman franchises are also available for purchase.

https://ktla.com/entertainment/yodas-walking-stick-hannibal-lecters-mask-among-iconic-film-props-head-to-auction-in-l-a/

Auction site - https://www.studioauctions.com/

JOE

Thanks for the info Ollie but I don't have the room to store such treasures.

I recently bought one Hollywood type quality costume in an auction but I'll probably have to give it away because it takes up too much room.

If a person's concerned whether their money will be worth anything then buy gold or at least silver. Heckuva lot more compact and easy to store too.