The best topic

Replies: 7375
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 04:46:53 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

so Ollie I spoke with somebody today from your home state of Arizona

Started by JOE, February 14, 2024, 10:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

TheProwler

Herman

Quote from: TheProwler on February 20, 2024, 10:09:12 PMSenile J is such a dumb cunt.
He finally lost his cherry. It was to a frickin guy, but old Joe cannot be too picky.

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on February 20, 2024, 08:19:13 PMLMFAO! "I spent $1000 so I could make $11!!!" :crampe:  :crampe:  :crampe:  WTF is wrong with you, dude?

Gold is a hedge. So is silver.
Safe havens in the event of economic crisis.

I'll hold it for a while to see what happens.
Just go long on it.

Same time, It isn't the only thing I'll buy or invest in.

If it goes up, great, but if it doesn't, just sell it back to the market at what I paid for it.

Kinda like getting a refund.

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on February 20, 2024, 11:22:18 PMGold is a hedge. So is silver.
Safe havens in the event of economic crisis.

I'll hold it for a while to see what happens.
Just go long on it.

Same time, It isn't the only thing I'll buy or invest in.

If it goes up, great, but if it doesn't, just sell it back to the market at what I paid for it.

Kinda like getting a refund.

I watched some shrub bring in a bunch of collector shit on a youtube channel today. He got scrap. Someone paid a retarded premium when those coins were new.

I'm not saying THAT gold  cuck coin at THAT money wasnt a good deal, it was. In general tho, those collector coins are a terrible investment. I'd rather have a gold eagle or maple. Sure, they cost a bit more, but they hang on to their premiums as well. In a SHTF situation, collector coins wont be accepted for barter with as much confidence as the big 3:
American Silver Eagles
Cucknadian Maples
Chuck Britanias

JOE

One thing I've noticed about our Canadian dollar.
It's essentially tied to the price of oil.

And if oil happens to go down, so does the Canadian dollar.

However, if there is a medium of exchange tied either to the US dollar, the Euro or Swiss franc which holds its value which maintains or increases purchasing power for the consumer.

They can buy more or at least as much if the currency becomes devalued.

I wouldn't doubt that the Canadian dollar could see a steep devaluation in the future. In the past, it has gone down to as low as .60 to .63 cents US. Another country which is similarly affected is Australia. New Zealand as well. actually they get hit even harder than Canada.

And that's precisely where something like gold and silver come in. They preserve the purchasing value of the currency.

Nations which have experienced steep currency devaluations and hyper inflation include Argentina and Brazil. Holding a bit of gold and silver could have gone a long way for many of their citizens.

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on February 20, 2024, 11:28:44 PMI watched some shrub bring in a bunch of collector shit on a youtube channel today. He got scrap. Someone paid a retarded premium when those coins were new.

I'm not saying THAT gold  cuck coin at THAT money wasnt a good deal, it was. In general tho, those collector coins are a terrible investment. I'd rather have a gold eagle or maple. Sure, they cost a bit more, but they hang on to their premiums as well. In a SHTF situation, collector coins wont be accepted for barter with as much confidence as the big 3:
American Silver Eagles
Cucknadian Maples
Chuck Britanias

Well, that's why I try to buy the coins close to their melt or spot value. So they'll always be worth something.

I believe in the US, if you buy gold or silver bullion in most states it isn't taxed.

is that correct?

It is in Canada.

so you can buy the most good looking and expensive gold or silver coin, and as long as it has 99.99% purity, it isn't taxed.

but if it falls below that purity, then it gets taxed.

Gold, silver and platinum are exempt.

But palladium is not.

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on February 20, 2024, 11:35:51 PMWell, that's why I try to buy the coins close to their melt or spot value. So they'll always be worth something.

I believe in the US, if you buy gold or silver bullion in most states it isn't taxed.

is that correct?

It is in Canada.

so you can buy the most good looking and expensive gold or silver coin, and as long as it has 99.99% purity, it isn't taxed.

but if it falls below that purity, then it gets taxed.

Gold, silver and platinum are exempt.

But palladium is not.

I think a few states tax bullion no matter the purity. Fuck those states tho, the people just drive to the next state and buy. Libtard democARTs are ignorant AF!

Illinois doesnt tax, ironically enough and we have a dealer here that directly buys Silver Eagles from the US Mint.
Informative Informative x 1 View List

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on February 20, 2024, 11:41:01 PMI think a few states tax bullion no matter the purity. Fuck those states tho, the people just drive to the next state and buy. Libtard democARTs are ignorant AF!

Illinois doesnt tax, ironically enough and we have a dealer here that directly buys Silver Eagles from the US Mint.

Here's how gold/silver bullion are taxed in the US

https://modernsurvivalblog.com/money/states-that-do-and-dont-tax-the-sale-of-gold-silver-bullion/

The US let's the states decide.

But in Canada it's a federal jurisdiction and they don't tax bullion. Even it's high grade proof or collector type. Just as long as it's 99.99% pure.

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on February 20, 2024, 11:52:20 PMHere's how gold/silver bullion are taxed in the US

https://modernsurvivalblog.com/money/states-that-do-and-dont-tax-the-sale-of-gold-silver-bullion/

The US let's the states decide.

But in Canada it's a federal jurisdiction and they don't tax bullion. Even it's high grade proof or collector type. Just as long as it's 99.99% pure.

Like I said, people that live in states where there's tax buy out of state. Its no different than when I do a bunch of shopping in Missouri for lower prices and less tax. Also, when I drive to Wisconsin or Missouri, I get just enough gas to get me out of Illinois. Its not like I save much, but every little bit fucks Illinois!

At least I can buy bullion in town tax free.

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on February 20, 2024, 11:57:58 PMLike I said, people that live in states where there's tax buy out of state. Its no different than when I do a bunch of shopping in Missouri for lower prices and less tax. Also, when I drive to Wisconsin or Missouri, I get just enough gas to get me out of Illinois. Its not like I save much, but every little bit fucks Illinois!

At least I can buy bullion in town tax free.

I think I'll go down to Oregon and buy stuff from there in the future. Or get it shipped there and pick it up.

They have no sales tax.

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on February 21, 2024, 12:00:11 AMI think I'll go down to Oregon and buy stuff from there in the future. Or get it shipped there and pick it up.

They have no sales tax.

I'm surprised. Those liberal shitheads seem too dumb not to tax. I'd go to Montana instead just on principal!

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on February 21, 2024, 12:09:33 AMI'm surprised. Those liberal shitheads seem too dumb not to tax. I'd go to Montana instead just on principal!

It actually matters where you get items you bought shipped to.

If you get it shipped to Washington state, it's like nearly 10% sales tax.

But if you get it shipped to Oregon across the state border, 0%.

so if the item is like $4000, the buyer could save $400.

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on February 21, 2024, 12:16:21 AMIf you get it shipped to Washington state, it's like nearly 10% sales tax.

But if you get it shipped to Oregon across the state border, 0%.

so if the item is like $4000, the buyer could save $400.

I really appreciate that Senile Joe did the math there.

Calculating 10% can be a little challenging.

^
That was sarcasm, Senile Joe.

You dumb cunt.

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on February 21, 2024, 03:18:35 AMI really appreciate that Senile Joe did the math there.

Calculating 10% can be a little challenging.

^
That was sarcasm, Senile Joe.

You dumb cunt.

I can see that your developmental disability is acting up again Prowler.

Please...do take your meds.

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on February 21, 2024, 04:12:52 AMI can see that your developmental disability is acting up again Prowler.

Please...do take your meds.

Did you need to use a calculator?