News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 7374
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:29:59 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by formosan

Shelby vs the Corvette...which one is a Better Buy?

Started by JOE, February 21, 2024, 08:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on February 22, 2024, 05:56:50 PMSenile Joe is jealous of my car.

It is pretty obvious.

In all truth I would be envious if you owned this car Prowler

..and it would impress more people than the current model you own.

However your late model car doesn't interest me whatsoever.

For starters it's way too common & not terribly unique nor desireable.

Additionally, not only will it continue to depreciate in value, it will eventually be worth less than that vintage '57 Corvette, which likely will continue to appreciate.

Furthermore I couldn't make any money off of a late model/recent car.

But it's quite conceivable that movie studios or advertisers would be interested in renting a vintage car such as a 1957 Corvette & paying top dollar for it.

Lokmar

While its true that eventually, a 57 Corvette will be one of the higher valued Corvettes, it will NEVER be worth what a 2019 ZR1 is, no way, no how. BTW, you actually want the 58 Corvette with the 2X4brl carbs. It has more chrome and the 2 X 4brl carbs is a highly desirable option.

Now there's wanting to own an old C1 (first generation) Corvette and actually buying and driving one. They drive like shit, have shitty drum brakes, a giant ass steering wheel, the seating position sucks, the seats are terribly small, and you have to tune them up at least twice per year. The cool factor is the ONLY thing they have going for them! IMO, the C2 67 vette with the 427 4spd is a way better car and they drive pretty decent. Out of all the pre 1982 vettes, the 67 is my personal choice.

If I was buying a vette today, I'd get a C7 or C8 ZO6 with the ZO7 package. Either are monster track cars and will retain their value forever.

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on February 22, 2024, 09:37:11 PMLike it or not, cars are investment.

Not for me.

Quote from: JOE on February 22, 2024, 09:37:11 PMHowever, I'd rather buy smart.

The simple facts are that I have managed my finances to be in the position to spend ~$110,000 on a car, knowing that I can easily afford it, and you have mismanaged your finances so badly that the thought of spending $110K on a car is not even realistic.

It is funny.  My wife was saying that she might want to buy a new electric car...the Polestar 2.  I think we are talking $70-80K.  It is kinda silly, but since I sold my Z28, we do have an extra spot in the garage to keep our Jeep Grand Cherokee and my C8 company....

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on February 22, 2024, 11:27:46 PMIn all truth I would be envious if you owned this car Prowler

..and it would impress more people than the current model you own.

However your late model car doesn't interest me whatsoever.

For starters it's way too common & not terribly unique nor desireable.

Additionally, not only will it continue to depreciate in value, it will eventually be worth less than that vintage '57 Corvette, which likely will continue to appreciate.

Furthermore I couldn't make any money off of a late model/recent car.

But it's quite conceivable that movie studios or advertisers would be interested in renting a vintage car such as a 1957 Corvette & paying top dollar for it.

I can buy one of those cars anytime I want.

Can you?

That is the sad thing.

I wanted a car that cost $110K and so I bought it.

Senile Joe want's a car that cost $60K but he cannot afford it.

Maybe you should have planned your life better, Senile Joe.  You dumb cunt.
Winner Winner x 1 View List

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on February 23, 2024, 01:14:59 AMI can buy one of those cars anytime I want.

Can you?

Yes. I can.
However, it is not one of my priorities at the moment.

Quote from: TheProwler on February 23, 2024, 01:14:59 AMI wanted a car that cost $110K and so I bought it.

So what? you foolishly blew money on something which is worth less than what you paid for it. Any fool can throw away their money like that.

And as the newer models arrive, your car will fall even further in value.

Here is what your car will likely be listed at in 1 year or 2.This is a 2021 Corvette:

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/chevrolet/corvette/surrey/british%20columbia/5_58638696_bs200421111428/?showcpo=ShowCpo&ncse=no&ursrc=ts&pc=V7V%203N6&sprx=100

...Under $100,000. And will someone pay you $110,000 if you choose to sell your car in a year or 2, Prowler? No probably not.

They might offer you 90,000 or even 80,000.

So you would lose upwards of $30,000 of value after just 2 years of use.  And you'll lose even more if you wait longer than that - even if you left it in the garage for 3 more years and don't add any more mileage on it.

Quote from: TheProwler on February 23, 2024, 01:14:59 AMSenile Joe want's a car that cost $60K but he cannot afford it.

As I've oft remarked to you, most cars are a depreciating asset.
and sinking as much money like you did will prove to be shortsighted as the car technology is rapidly changing. Your gas guzzler will soon be a dinosaur in the near future. Paying $100,000 for a brand new car these days is foolish because it'll end up either in the junkyard or some car lot of some shady used car salesman in 10.

Given this reality, I would try to spend as little on a car because it will be obsolete tomorrow.

And I don't need a car to vent my anger or frustrations like you do Prowler. Anyone who needs to drive anyone in the ground at your age is emotionally stunted and seriously needs to grow up.

Unlike you, the truly rich I meet in my city buy cars for style and comfort.

You know Prowler, you ought to follow Biggie Smiles example with his Audi. His is more a step in the right direction of someone who is trying to impress others or has 'made it'.

Lokmar

Hey josephine, you know that fukin vette gets nearly as good gas mileage as my 1.5 liter small SUV?

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on February 23, 2024, 02:26:13 AMHis is more a step in the right direction of someone who is trying to impress others or has 'made it'.

That is it, right there.

That is why me buying a C8 Corvette bothers Senile Joe so much.

He is worried about it being a "Status Symbol".

He is worried that it might impress people.

That is the furthest thing from my mind, Senile Joe.

The Corvette is great fun to drive.  And it is great fun to be a passenger in it too.  That is why I take it out for pleasure drives.  That is why I offer rides to friends and family.  Because it is fun fun fun!!!

Telling people in an online forum that you just bought a nice car or just went on a nice vacation or just got a great job or anything else that is positive can really expose the character of some people.

Some people are happy for you.  Some people do not care about it.  Some people probably feel a little jealous but are polite about it.

And a few people are disgusting assholes who cannot control their jealousy and have to try to tear down the person who is telling people about something that makes them happy.

It is funny that you mentioned Joo Dog because he has exposed your type of jealous people when he talked about his 5000 square foot mansion with an Olympic sized swimming pool.  It obviously went over your head.

You oblivious fucktard!!!

You dumb cunt!!!!!
Agree Agree x 2 View List

TheProwler

Quote from: Lokmar on February 23, 2024, 01:34:39 PMHey josephine, you know that fukin vette gets nearly as good gas mileage as my 1.5 liter small SUV?

Dude, when I drive it nicely on the highway...stay at about 65-70mph...it just stays in V4 mode and sips the gasoline.  Our 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee (mid-size SUV) cannot come close to getting the same mileage.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Lokmar

Quote from: TheProwler on February 23, 2024, 05:11:14 PMDude, when I drive it nicely on the highway...stay at about 65-70mph...it just stays in V4 mode and sips the gasoline.  Our 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee (mid-size SUV) cannot come close to getting the same mileage.

LOL! You know, josephine is the type of asshole to tell you to sell or never buy the C8 ITFP while I'm the asshole that would tell you go buy the C8 ZO6 with the ZO7 package!!!