Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

The 4B Movement in Korea is Causing the Birthrate to Drop

Started by DKG, February 22, 2024, 05:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

formosan

too old to be a fashionista

JOE

Back on topic DKG...

...I remember drivin' limo & drove this Korean pop band called AOMG (Above Average Ordinary More Great?) while they were in Vancouver, eh?

I guess this is what they refer ta 'K-Pop'?

Rolling Stone article on this genre:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/best-korean-pop-songs-1234727955/gee-girls-generation-1234728145/

Anyways, for a buncha pop/rock stars, they were a pretty quiet well-behaved bunch. Not rough at all. More like school kids from primary school. Maybe cuz I was older, they respected me as 'an elder'?

Anyways there was these young Korean girl/woman in her early 20s I spoke to briefly & I took her suitcase/bags. Then she smiled and started to giggle like a little schoolgirl. She was very pretty. I think she had a bit of cosmetic surgery/eye job tho. I'm not sure what the function in her group was. Maybe she was the g/f of one of the k-pop stars? A publicist who work for the group? But I don't think she was a performer.

Maybe she liked me? I dunno. Maybe she was jes laughin at me. lol. Anyways most Koreans especially from the Old Country seem very reserved & I don't think they have open displays of emotion like that?

Anyways, that was my 'Korean Cutie' memory.

I wonder if I'd meet more like that if I went ta Seoul for a vacation, eh?

Whaddya think, DKG?

Brent

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on March 02, 2024, 11:56:37 AMBack on topic DKG...

...I remember drivin' limo & drove this Korean pop band called AOMG (Above Average Ordinary More Great?) while they were in Vancouver, eh?

I guess this is what they refer ta 'K-Pop'?

Rolling Stone article on this genre:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/best-korean-pop-songs-1234727955/gee-girls-generation-1234728145/

Anyways, for a buncha pop/rock stars, they were a pretty quiet well-behaved bunch. Not rough at all. More like school kids from primary school. Maybe cuz I was older, they respected me as 'an elder'?

Anyways there was these young Korean girl/woman in her early 20s I spoke to briefly & I took her suitcase/bags. Then she smiled and started to giggle like a little schoolgirl. She was very pretty. I think she had a bit of cosmetic surgery/eye job tho. I'm not sure what the function in her group was. Maybe she was the g/f of one of the k-pop stars? A publicist who work for the group? But I don't think she was a performer.

Maybe she liked me? I dunno. Maybe she was jes laughin at me. lol. Anyways most Koreans especially from the Old Country seem very reserved & I don't think they have open displays of emotion like that?

Anyways, that was my 'Korean Cutie' memory.

I wonder if I'd meet more like that if I went ta Seoul for a vacation, eh?

Whaddya think, DKG?

None of us should be surprised if Senile Joe goes on a shooting spree or does something else violent to young women.

I almost feel like I should alert the authorities.

Lokmar

Quote from: formosan on March 02, 2024, 11:48:04 AMDo you have grandchildren yet Lokmar?

Yes. My ex and I are never visiting her at the same time. When my daughter got married, it was a total fiasco. The dumb bitch had a theatrical meltdown in the church because I would not pose with the photographer in a picture excluding my wife. After that, I thought it best we never be around each other again.

I visit my kids and granddaughter in Florida several times a year. Its always a blast.
Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on March 02, 2024, 11:46:50 AMShe was absolutely beautiful when I had my hands wrapped around her throat.

Fuktard.

So in other words, you chose ta bang an' knock up an ugly girl first time ya met, eh Lokmeer?

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on March 02, 2024, 04:07:40 PMSo in other words, you chose ta bang an' knock up an ugly girl first time ya met, eh Lokmeer?

Shits sakes, josephine, everyone else here can recite the events like it happened to them first hand. WTF is wrong with YOUR dumb ass?

Thiel

gay, conservative and proud

formosan

Quote from: Lokmar on March 02, 2024, 03:01:37 PMYes. My ex and I are never visiting her at the same time. When my daughter got married, it was a total fiasco. The dumb bitch had a theatrical meltdown in the church because I would not pose with the photographer in a picture excluding my wife. After that, I thought it best we never be around each other again.

I visit my kids and granddaughter in Florida several times a year. Its always a blast.
I'm happy you're able to visit your lovely granddaughter Lokmar.
too old to be a fashionista

DKG

Oliver the Second

I keep reading articles about falling birth rates and population levels and they always talk about it like it's a bad thing.

Then I read articles about 'man made climate change', the skyrocketing cost of housing, the immigration crisis, dwindling water supplies and all the other problems caused by too many people being on the planet.

Falling birth rates and population levels are a GOOD thing but nobody seems to understand that.   
Winner Winner x 1 View List

Herman

Quote from: DKG on March 22, 2024, 10:29:54 AMWatch this Korean American on the 4B Movement.

It will be up to North Koreans to carry on the bloodline.

caskur

Quote from: Oliver the Second on March 22, 2024, 11:26:16 PMI keep reading articles about falling birth rates and population levels and they always talk about it like it's a bad thing.

Then I read articles about 'man made climate change', the skyrocketing cost of housing, the immigration crisis, dwindling water supplies and all the other problems caused by too many people being on the planet.

Falling birth rates and population levels are a GOOD thing but nobody seems to understand that.   

Birth rates dropping are definitely a good thing. People who don't own their own home shouldn't have kids.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

DKG

When birth rates dip below what is known as the "replacement" fertility rate of 2.1, the optimal rate to maintain population stability, it can engender concern about a future lack of healthy, young workers needed to maintain economic productivity.

JOE

Quote from: DKG on March 23, 2024, 09:33:57 AMWhen birth rates dip below what is known as the "replacement" fertility rate of 2.1, the optimal rate to maintain population stability, it can engender concern about a future lack of healthy, young workers needed to maintain economic productivity.

Do you think this will force South Korea to allow immigration if the population falls below replacement level and even encourage interracial marriage, avatar_DKG ?

One thing South Korea has going for it now - is it's a relatively prosperous nation with a high GDP and per capita income.
Probably a decent education system and infrastructure now.

South Koreans can afford to expand beyond their borders.
Even import new immigrants.
I'm sure there are a lotta White Eastern Europeans from the poorer countries who might immigrate to Korea if there are jobs and a better life for they and their children.

All that would have to change is social attitudes in Korea that would permit new immigrants and interracial marriage.

I suppose if the older generation dies off, maybe the younger generation might embrace new policies?

As their birthrates have dropped, Japan is starting to see much more interracial marriage and biracial children.

could this be the wave of the future for  South Korea as well?
Koreans don't seem to be as isolated as they used to be and may become more cosmopolitan as time goes on.