The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Are U Ready for This? Global warming Causes Colder Winters

Started by cc, September 17, 2014, 12:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

1. The US just suffered through its coldest winter on record.

2. Antarctica sea ice set an all-time record this year.

3. The global warming temperature pause has now extended over 17 years.

Despite this data, the liberal media is going the extra mile to push their global warming scam on the American public.

AOL.com posted this headline earlier this week:

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/09/15/global-warming-likely-to-cause-colder-and-snowier-winters/20962706/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmaing15%7Cdl9%7Csec1_lnk2&pLid=529696">Global warming likely to cause colder and snowier winters, scientists say

Scientists now believe that global warming is to blame for extreme cold snaps in North America during the winter months – and that it will only keep happening.

The "polar vortex" that plunged Canada and the U.S. into historical cold last winter is said by researchers to have occurred because melting polar ice changes weather patterns, according to a study published earlier this month.

A team of Korean and American scientists asserted in a new study that the melting ice causes the northern jet stream (upper level air flow) to shift south and bring polar air with it.

You just can't make this stuff up.  :D

cc la provocateur
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"1. The US just suffered through its coldest winter on record.

2. Antarctica sea ice set an all-time record this year.

3. The global warming temperature pause has now extended over 17 years.

Despite this data, the liberal media is going the extra mile to push their global warming scam on the American public.

AOL.com posted this headline earlier this week:

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/09/15/global-warming-likely-to-cause-colder-and-snowier-winters/20962706/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmaing15%7Cdl9%7Csec1_lnk2&pLid=529696">Global warming likely to cause colder and snowier winters, scientists say

Scientists now believe that global warming is to blame for extreme cold snaps in North America during the winter months – and that it will only keep happening.

The "polar vortex" that plunged Canada and the U.S. into historical cold last winter is said by researchers to have occurred because melting polar ice changes weather patterns, according to a study published earlier this month.

A team of Korean and American scientists asserted in a new study that the melting ice causes the northern jet stream (upper level air flow) to shift south and bring polar air with it.

You just can't make this stuff up.  :D

cc la provocateur

^Too fucking funny. When what happens doesn't fit current computer models, just make up new ones that do. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

cc

lol ... So many times data didn't fly so  .... they have to keep hacking themselves .... causing a new tech word, hackterbation

Stand by. I'm sure the global warming robots will come up with prepared "explanations"  .... after checking and copy / pasting from the loon sites

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"lol ... So many times data didn't fly so  .... they have to keep hacking themselves .... causing a new tech word, hackterbation

Stand by. I'm sure the global warming robots will come up with prepared "explanations"  .... after checking and copy / pasting from the loon sites

It's not like there's a lack of said loon sites. Man made global warming alarmism is one of the biggest businesses on the planet. Every big organization from big oil to big labour, to big NGO's to big government has a lot invested in keeping the pickpocketing of working people in the West alive.

cc

Here's something you don't see every day: A comedian daring to tell the truth about the far left's global warming scare machine. Very funny and true stuff from comedian Michael Loftus's new show The Flipside which just launched in broadcast syndication:

Why do I have trouble posting videos here?

">

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Here's something you don't see every day: A comedian daring to tell the truth about the far left's global warming scare machine. Very funny and true stuff from comedian Michael Loftus's new show The Flipside which just launched in broadcast syndication:

Why do I have trouble posting videos here?

">

Ha ha, I like it. "I need more of your money" and "the debate is over". :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Obvious Li

the global warming scam always was just another way to transfer money from rich western nations to poor black and brown countries.....it seems there is a bit of donor fatigue taking place among western nations so scaring the progressive elites into forcing their govts. to cough up more funding seemed to be the way for them to go....so far they have had the field to themselves....slowly people are waking up and telling them to take a hike.....maybe it is the fact that they can feel how much colder it is now or their bullshit is getting exposed

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"the global warming scam always was just another way to transfer money from rich western nations to poor black and brown countries.....it seems there is a bit of donor fatigue taking place among western nations so scaring the progressive elites into forcing their govts. to cough up more funding seemed to be the way for them to go....so far they have had the field to themselves....slowly people are waking up and telling them to take a hike.....maybe it is the fact that they can feel how much colder it is now or their bullshit is getting exposed

I agree it was always just a wealth transfer scam with working people in Western countries picking up the tab for the entire world. However, in addition to international transfers, it was also from these same working people to billionaires, big NGO's, big government and big green corporations.

I sense a bit fatigue myself among some people and it's about time too. How much are we supposed to spend on failed green energy crony capitalist programs that benefit only a few stinking rich, but influential donors.

cc

A Divine Tap on the Shoulder?

Al Gore's microphone fails while quoting Jesus on word 'hypocrite'

">

Why can't I make vids work here????

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"A Divine Tap on the Shoulder?

Al Gore's microphone fails while quoting Jesus on word 'hypocrite'

">

A little inconvenient truth for Gore. ac_toofunny  ac_toofunny

Romero

QuoteGreenland's "Dark Snow"

Jason Box knows ice. That's why what's happened this year concerns him so much. Box just returned from a trip to Greenland. Right now, the ice there is... black:

http://www.motherjones.com/files/jason-box-snow-630.jpg">

http://www.motherjones.com/files/box-snow-1-630.jpg">

http://www.motherjones.com/files/box-snow-4-630.jpg">

"I was just stunned, really."

The photos he took this summer in Greenland are frightening. But their implications are even more so. Just like black cars are hotter to the touch than white ones on sunny summer days, dark ice melts much more quickly.

As a member of the Geological Survey of Denmark and Greenland, Box travels to Greenland from his home in Copenhagen to track down the source of the soot that's speeding up the glaciers' disappearance.

2014 will also be the year with the highest number of forest fires ever measured in Arctic.

What he found shocked him. Since comprehensive satellite measurements began in 2000, never before have Arctic wildfires been as powerful as this year. In fact, over the last two or three years, Box calculated that Arctic fires have been burning at a rate that's double that of just a decade ago.

Box's findings are in line with recent research that shows the Arctic is in the midst of dramatic change.

In total, more than 3.3 million hectares burned in Canada's Northwest Territories alone this year—nearly 9 times the long term average—resulting in a charred area bigger than the states of Connecticut and Massachusetts combined. That figure includes the massive Birch Creek Complex, which could end up being the biggest wildfire in modern Canadian history. In July, it spread a smoke plume all the way to Portugal.

In an interview with Canada's National Post earlier this year, NASA scientist Douglas Morton said, "It's a major event in the life of the earth system to have a huge set of fires like what you are seeing in Western Canada."

http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2014/09/why-greenland-dark-snow-should-worry-you">//http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2014/09/why-greenland-dark-snow-should-worry-you

Anonymous

QuoteThis just in....computer models now say global warming could make Edmonton as warm as Florida or trigger the next ice age.

Thanks for the scoop motherjones. I will now be begging my MP to vote yes on a carbon tax.  ac_rollseyes

Romero

QuoteBP believes that climate change is an important long-term issue that justifies global action

According to the IPCC, warming of the climate system is unequivocal, and is in large part due to an increase in greenhouse gas emissions from human activities.

More aggressive energy policies and technologies could lead to slower growth in CO2 emissions than expected but this would still not be enough to limit warming to no more than 2°C, the threshold recognized by governments as limiting the worst impacts of climate change.

The scale of this challenge is such that governments must act by setting a clear, stable and effective carbon policy framework. A clear framework is necessary if energy companies are to limit GHGs while providing energy competitively.

We agree that burning all known reserves would probably cause global temperatures to rise by more than 2°C – and that addressing this issue will require the efforts of governments, industry and individuals.

http://www.bp.com/en/global/corporate/sustainability/the-energy-future/climate-change.html">//http://www.bp.com/en/global/corporate/sustainability/the-energy-future/climate-change.html

QuoteClimate Change

As Canada's largest energy company, Suncor is committed to operational improvements to reduce the emissions intensity and environmental impact of its operations around the world.

With growth plans spanning the next decade, our absolute emissions will increase. But there is opportunity to improve our performance, while investing in solutions and working with all stakeholders to effect longer term change. The single biggest near-term opportunity to reduce our green house gas emissions is through improved reliability and energy efficiency across our operations.

Suncor continues to be guided by the seven-point climate change action plan we first adopted in 1997.

We've been encouraged by successes on all of these fronts. But we know we must continue to find new and better ways to reduce the carbon intensity of our business, for the benefit of all involved.

http://www.suncor.com/en/responsible/1394.aspx">//http://www.suncor.com/en/responsible/1394.aspx

All of the major oil companies accept global warming and climate change is real and man-made.

Anonymous

^Of course they say that. As I said before the energy industry saw the way the political winds were blowing and hedged their bets long ago. They are an energy company and will continue to sell it no matter what we use.

Does that mean their board of directors feels climate change is happening, it's a dire emergency, man-made activities are totally responsible for it and we can reverse it by moving in caves? I highly doubt it, but I don't think anyone really believes that anyway including you.

Romero

There couldn't be any benefit for them lying about it. It's not like they would be making extra money from what you would call a hoax and conspiracy.

It's official policy. When it comes down to it, they officially believe the same thing I and other global warming realists believe in.

Let's hypothetically say you were chosen to do some pr on the subject for your company. Funny enough, if you said the world was cooling and it's all a hoax you'd be fired.