Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:09:06 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by deport_liberals

Argentinian Women - Are they Racist?!

Started by JOE, February 25, 2024, 02:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent

Brent

Quote from: caskur on April 20, 2024, 03:02:47 PMavatar_Brent according to Google our abos only have 12% unemployment but Canadian abos have 40 % unemployment...

What percentage of aboriginals are unemployed in Australia?

12%

Based on the 2021 Census, the unemployment rate among Indigenous Australians aged 15–64 was 12% (around 36,000 of 289,700 people, based on Census counts (Table D2. 07.3).

Canada

Vvv

Employment rate of Aboriginals in Canada 2007-2022
Published by Statista Research Department, Mar 11, 2024
 From 2007 to 2022, the employment rate of Aboriginals in Canada has fluctuated slightly. In 2022, the employment rate of Aboriginals in Canada stood at 60.5 percent, an increase from the previous year when the employment rate stood at 56.4 percent.
That bs figure from StatsCan made me  :crampe:

caskur

"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Thiel

Quote from: caskur on April 19, 2024, 05:54:23 PMThat is because covid was rampant and people were given those lump sum payments...right?
In 2023 it was $1.3 trillion.
gay, conservative and proud

Thiel

Quote from: caskur on April 20, 2024, 03:56:35 PMWhat do you think are the correct figures?
There are a lot of reserves in Canada where nobody earns a private sector paycheck. Me thinks the Canadian government is not counting a lot, if not most reserves plus a lot of urban Natives.

caskur

Quote from: Thiel on April 20, 2024, 06:06:57 PMIn 2023 it was $1.3 trillion.

Well you wrote 2022 not 23.

26 million of us Aussies have 3 trillion in our superannuation accounts.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: Thiel on April 20, 2024, 06:09:53 PMThere are a lot of reserves in Canada where nobody earns a private sector paycheck. Me thinks the Canadian government is not counting a lot, if not most reserves plus a lot of urban Natives.

I assume hunting and fishing are carried out on reserves.

I watched Kevin Coster's, Yellowstone and that show features American Indians on their reservation with teaching jobs and businesses. I assume (and probably wrongly so) Canadian Indians have a similar thing going on.

On another Canadian board I go to one of the members has an Indian daughter in law and she is grateful they don't live starving between finding polar bear kills of seals and freezing anymore.

He wrote a really good post  about his Indian DIL.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

T this is the story and it's a great story.

WE WON. SUCK IT UP SUNSHINE.

But you are not alone in the great brown land. We in the frozen bits are also having a lot of trouble with the natives as well. And, as expected, the people who try to defend their "culture" don't realize what a horrid culture it was/is. Years ago, we had a friend (RIP) who was a native Eskimo born in Alaska. She and her white husband moved to Alberta where we met them. At a party one evening, one of the boors in the room asked her if she ever missed the old ways. She replied with "The old ways? You mean like starving for weeks on end waiting for the men to find a seal to steal from the polar bears? You mean like waiting in agony for perhaps months while the medical people in Ottawa are trying to get a plane to get you to civilization for a kidney stone removal? You mean like living at minus 60 degrees in a snow house that is barely bigger than the bathroom I have in my nice warm house now? If I am cold now, I go to the wall and turn up the thermostat. If I am hungry now, I get in my nice warm car and go to the grocery store where I can buy anything I want from almost any area of the world that I want. My kids go to a very nice school. The only lump in my oatmeal right now is the fact that my husband has to work shift work but he does earn more money in a year than my entire tribe did back home in a year.

Yeah. I sure miss the old ways."

There you have it. One of the natives who managed to adapt to the white mans' ways.

BTW, her daughter ended up as a doctor working in a burn unit. Her son was a pressure welder who worked on some fairly exotic metals. Between the two of them, they earn well over a million dollars a year.

Or they could have stayed with the old ways and starved waiting to steal a seal away from a polar bear.

OTOH, we still do have a lot of natives here who get far too much gubmint money and destroy their lives because of it. Many don't make it past thirty or so.
Winner Winner x 2 View List
- Andy Warhol

Herman

Quote from: caskur on April 20, 2024, 07:33:27 PMI assume hunting and fishing are carried out on reserves.

I watched Kevin Coster's, Yellowstone and that show features American Indians on their reservation with teaching jobs and businesses. I assume (and probably wrongly so) Canadian Indians have a similar thing going on.

On another Canadian board I go to one of the members has an Indian daughter in law and she is grateful they don't live starving between finding polar bear kills of seals and freezing anymore.

He wrote a really good post  about his Indian DIL.
The situation with the Chugs on reserves in Western Canada is not much different than the Boongs. Rampant alcoholism, sexual abuse, and maybe a little hunting and fishing once in a while if they are ever sober.

Eastern Canadian Indians aint nearly as screwed up. Some reserves here in Western Canada are run well and prosperous and the people have jobs. But, not that many.

Brent

Quote from: caskur on April 20, 2024, 03:56:35 PMWhat do you think are the correct figures?
That bs stat from the government reminded me of another bs stat the government stated. It stated that Muslims were far more likely to be victims of terror in Canada than perps. :crampe:

caskur

Quote from: Brent on April 21, 2024, 03:28:43 PMThat bs stat from the government reminded me of another bs stat the government stated. It stated that Muslims were far more likely to be victims of terror in Canada than perps. :crampe:

Libs blatantly lie.

They lie about badness.

They cover it up.

They lie about how climate change solutions are going to work meanwhile they rip out carbon sinks (green bush) and plant solar panels in their place.

They should be putting panels on factory buildings if they really work at solving climate and quit ruining virgin habitat.. I am just using that as an example.... there are hundreds of things people do back to front.. and social problems.

But conservatives attitudes fail so they may never get government control again.

I don't know about you but my faith of ever seeing good government ever again has evaporated.

The crazies are running the asylum.

Agree Agree x 2 View List
- Andy Warhol

Thiel

Brent

Quote from: caskur on April 21, 2024, 04:25:33 PM..

Libs blatantly lie.

They lie about badness.

They cover it up.

They lie about how climate change solutions are going to work meanwhile they rip out carbon sinks (green bush) and plant solar panels in their place.

They should be putting panels on factory buildings if they really work at solving climate and quit ruining virgin habitat.. I am just using that as an example.... there are hundreds of things people do back to front.. and social problems.

But conservatives attitudes fail so they may never get government control again.

I don't know about you but my faith of ever seeing good government ever again has evaporated.

The crazies are running the asylum.

Everything the Trudeau government says are lies.
Informative Informative x 1 View List

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview