The best topic

Replies: 7098
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 04:33:30 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by caskur

That Gold I bought keeps going up in price

Started by JOE, March 04, 2024, 05:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 16 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

TheProwler

Holy fuck, another bad day for me.

Over $29K down today.

The markets did better, but my own holdings suffered.

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on April 03, 2024, 05:00:28 PMMy gamble is that gold should be priced at about 60x what silver is based on the theory that the silver market is heavily manipulated. Right now, gold is 87X the price of silver. If I'm right, the ship will right itself eventually making silver a better investment.

I don't think the 60x ratio is coming that soon L okmeer.

But As you say, Silver price is heavily manipulated but so is gold.

I think the main reason gold is seeing a huge surge in price is because of China. If the powers that be (in the West) could suppress that activity they would. But because Chinas economy is in the dump its people and government are buying up huge amounts of gold and silver pushing up their prices. As you are probably aware their real estate and stock market has crashed and now their people are seeking safe havens.

I think China is presently the biggest buyer/hoarder of gold.

So these precious metals are like runaway race horses who've left the gate and they can't be caught and slowed down.

US & Europan banks are also shoring up their reserves in anticipation of economic problems due to commercial real estate and bank failures

JOE

Anyway gold hit and finished at $2300 US an ounce today L okmeer.

So $30 US silver might occur sometime this year.

Maybe July eh.

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on April 03, 2024, 09:26:42 PMI don't think the 60x ratio is coming that soon L okmeer.

But As you say, Silver price is heavily manipulated but so is gold.

I think the main reason gold is seeing a huge surge in price is because of China. If the powers that be (in the West) could suppress that activity they would. But because Chinas economy is in the dump its people and government are buying up huge amounts of gold and silver pushing up their prices. As you are probably aware their real estate and stock market has crashed and now their people are seeking safe havens.

I think China is presently the biggest buyer/hoarder of gold.

So these precious metals are like runaway race horses who've left the gate and they can't be caught and slowed down.

US & Europan banks are also shoring up their reserves in anticipation of economic problems due to commercial real estate and bank failures

Well josephine, the entire time I told you to buy silver, the ratio was 89:1. Today, its 84:1.

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on April 03, 2024, 09:30:15 PMAnyway gold hit and finished at $2300 US an ounce today L okmeer.

So $30 US silver might occur sometime this year.

Maybe July eh.

Silver is going up faster than gold.

Lokmar

Quote from: TheProwler on April 03, 2024, 09:06:46 PMHoly fuck, another bad day for me.

Over $29K down today.

That sucks. Anything you've been able to pinpoint for the cause?

I know this, pretty soon, the pain is coming to the dollar.

TheProwler

Quote from: Lokmar on April 03, 2024, 09:47:46 PMThat sucks. Anything you've been able to pinpoint for the cause?

Ha!

Yeah, a couple stocks that I hold had a couple bad days.

Should I sell now, Senile Joe???!?!?

TheProwler

Quote from: Lokmar on April 03, 2024, 09:47:46 PMThat sucks. Anything you've been able to pinpoint for the cause?

I just checked...since Jan.5 (we are slacking on keeping our records up to date) I have gained about $150K...and I know my wife has been doing better than me....so we are probably still okay.
Winner Winner x 1 View List

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on April 03, 2024, 09:06:46 PMHoly fuck, another bad day for me.

Over $29K down today.

That's too bad Prowler

But that's why I was saying to you earlier, I wouldn't jump into these markets until there's a dip and the dust settles.

According to what I read and heard, there might a correction in the near future or 2025.

But that's not my opinion tho. Just what I read.

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on April 03, 2024, 09:46:00 PMWell josephine, the entire time I told you to buy silver, the ratio was 89:1. Today, its 84:1.

But there's still time.... L okmeer!

Not too late, Bud!

I did buy a bit last year when it was $20 US or so.

Not a lot tho.

I guess I could buy 10 oz this weekend?

Is that a good amount...Lokmeer!?

Whaddya think, Bud?

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on April 03, 2024, 10:37:37 PMHa!

Yeah, a couple stocks that I hold had a couple bad days.

Should I sell now, Senile Joe???!?!?

I don't know... T

Yer a grown man.

Only you know what's best fer you Prowler.

I don't know what the future holds.

all I know is from what I've been reading and hearing the business community is....

...generally speaking....it's not a great economic climate right now.

I think that's why companies are pouring so much money into AI right now.

It's their wunderkid of the future while things are down.

They hope it'll lift their sails.

The other potential bright spot outside of equities may be commodities.

This what it was like the in the 1970s Prowler and I was alive then.

Generally a shitty economy. No crash but the stock market just went sideways.

Because of inflation, it ate away all their potential gains.

Gold, silver and other commodities went up tho.

Maybe India is the place to invest?

what do you think about that Prowler?

Pretty soon they'll be the No 3 economy in the world.

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on April 03, 2024, 11:15:37 PMBut there's still time.... L okmeer!

Not too late, Bud!

I did buy a bit last year when it was $20 US or so.

Not a lot tho.

I guess I could buy 10 oz this weekend?

Is that a good amount...Lokmeer!?

Whaddya think, Bud?

Well, its a bit more risky but its not like you'll lose your ass. Interest rates WILL be cut in a few months. The dollar WILL decline.

The question is, is the current increase in silver price being baked in to what's expected to happen to the dollar, or will silver increase even more.

Personally, I will buy another tube, maybe 2.
Informative Informative x 1 View List

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on April 03, 2024, 11:28:49 PMWell, its a bit more risky but its not like you'll lose your ass. Interest rates WILL be cut in a few months. The dollar WILL decline.

The question is, is the current increase in silver price being baked in to what's expected to happen to the dollar, or will silver increase even more.

Personally, I will buy another tube, maybe 2.

Maybe there's a meltdown comin' eh?

Say...2025, early 2026?

What do you think L okmeer?

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on April 03, 2024, 11:46:29 PMMaybe there's a meltdown comin' eh?

Say...2025, early 2026?

What do you think L okmeer?

Wow, josephine, you've caught me not in a mood to be mean. Must be the whiskey......

Anywho, the average joe doesnt realize just how much money has been pumped into the system. Its an absurd amount. I've lost track in fact. A major crash will eventually happen but over the next several months, it will be a simple correction. The correction could even carry through 2025. I see gold hitting a max of $2700 to $2800 and then falling back to $2500. I suspect about 4-5 months into the Trump Presidency, we'll settle at $2500/oz. Maybe it'll even go down to $2300.

Remember when I said the stock market wouldnt be back to normal till it reached at least 33K when Trump was POTUS? Thats was because they nearly TRIPLED the money supply which means the previous DOW 11K of 2006 = Dow 33K, maybe even 36K. Ask yourself, how much more has been pumped in since 2018? Why hasnt the latest pump resulted in DOW 100,000? The same reason people think $20 minimum wage is a lot of money. The average human mind cant comprehend or actually accept a Weimar or Zimbabwe situation until AFTER they are living it.

If biden cheats another win, IDGAF about prices. I'll be strictly buying for a SHTF situation no matter the cost. Weimar 2.0 will happen for certain plus WW3 is far more likely if we arent already in it by then.

I would be cautious. I'm drinking tonight but then again, thats when I'm most transparent. The most important thing is to have at least 2 tubes of silver doubloons for a SHTF situation. The rest of it is just to have a bit of fun seeing if you can turn $1 into $2. Maybe you win a little, maybe you lose a little, but you wont go flat assed broke like some investments.

Lokmar

I would add that if I start claiming to buy 1oz GOLD bullion, shit your pants.