The best topic

Replies: 7319
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:52:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Brent

That Gold I bought keeps going up in price

Started by JOE, March 04, 2024, 05:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 28 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on April 03, 2024, 11:25:36 PMMaybe India is the place to invest?

India is fucked and will be more fucked as AI is rolled-out.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

TheProwler

My wife and I both did our numbers....

All in we are up a little over $553K since Jan. 5

That is our trading, TFSA, RRSP, and RPP accounts.

Not other investments like real estate and other hard assets.

TheProwler

Only down $5000 today.

Could this be the turnaround I have been waiting for?

Oliver the Second

Quote from: TheProwler on April 05, 2024, 02:33:45 AMOnly down $5000 today.

Could this be the turnaround I have been waiting for?

'Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer.'

Ferengi rule of acquisition #208
Agree Agree x 1 Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

Lokmar

Quote from: Oliver the Second on April 05, 2024, 09:10:43 AM'Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer.'

Ferengi rule of acquisition #208

I've got a bar and a strip of gold pressed latinum from the show!!!  :crampe:

They've got certificates and holographic star trek stickers!! I'M RICH, BEYOTCH!!

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on April 04, 2024, 03:28:51 AMMy wife and I both did our numbers....

All in we are up a little over $553K since Jan. 5

That is our trading, TFSA, RRSP, and RPP accounts.

Not other investments like real estate and other hard assets.

While I WON'T/& DONT'T advise you what to do T rowler, this experienced vetern analyst/investor thinks we are in a bubble and the Stock Market is about to burst

However, this is not my prediction, just his.

Nor does it project how it will impact your portfolio.

So you can take it or leave it, just thought I'd throw it in for you to think about.

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on April 05, 2024, 11:20:47 AMWhile I WON'T/& DONT'T advise you what to do T rowler, this experienced vetern analyst/investor thinks we are in a bubble and the Stock Market is about to burst

However, this is not my prediction, just his.

Nor does it project how it will impact your portfolio.

So you can take it or leave it, just thought I'd throw it in for you to think about.

I'm amazed that these tards in this video dont have a fucking clue.

While shits gonna hit the fan, its not for he exact reasons discussed. Its much simpler than that.

For example, the 2007/2008 bust was well known AND expected. In fact, people were screaming about it from the rooftops from the very instant that dems created the sub prime mortgage loans by threattening banks with bankruptcy unless they loaned to every broke assed nigger in the hood. Any dipshit with 1/2 a brain saw it coming.

It had ZERO to do with an over valued market and 100% to do with government creating a situation where banks were over leveraged and destined to fail. I can tell you I sure AF saw banks failing beforehand!!!

There isnt necessarilly an over valued market today either. As I told your dumb ass before, the market numbers are simply adjusting to reflect all the currency devaluation. Nothing has ACTUALLY gone up. What IS happening is the economy ALWAYS takes a bit of a shit during a POTUS election year. Companies, just like the one I work for, are air claiming that business will be flat when in fact they are down at least 20%. They do this to soothe  the ivestors and keep them in the boiling pot and to keep the stock price up which also keeps the investors in.

In short, josephine, these motherfuckers are playing 3D chess while you're barely playing checkers. You just dont know WTF is going on in the game and if that asshole in your video really believes his own bullshit, he's even dumber than you!

JOE

Gold went up another $41 US today..... L okmeer!

I mean..Horee shit!

How much higher can it go!?!

The amount it gained just today alone was 3 months of gains....  at very most.

Silver went up by a similar %.

Maybe slightly more, eh?

JOE

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on April 05, 2024, 08:26:30 PMGold went up another $41 US today..... L okmeer!

I mean..Horee shit!

How much higher can it go!?!

The amount it gained just today alone was 3 months of gains....  at very most.

Silver went up by a similar %.

Maybe slightly more, eh?

Yep, no real sign of it correcting. It will likely pause at some point but again, when the interest rates get cut, there will be more meat on the bone.

Lokmar

I've been eyeballing platinum. I think it stays in the toilet for a while but if the economy comes back and IF the electrolyzer market takes off, it should double.

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on April 05, 2024, 11:41:54 PMI've been eyeballing platinum. I think it stays in the toilet for a while but if the economy comes back and IF the electrolyzer market takes off, it should double.

4 years ago I had over $1000 US spendin' money courtesy of mostly American tourists. So I decided to but some precious metals with it.

I went to the local coin shop & they gave me a choice between gold silver and platinum. I went with the gold. 1/2 ounce of gold was roughly the same price of platinum.

4 years later the price of platinum has remained flat while both gold and silver have gone up. So had I bought that 1 oz platinum it would have lost money due to inflation. I have since concluded that platinum is a poor store of wealth.

However if you decide to invest in it, then you have to think long term. I think the main catalysts for price increase might be a disruption in its supply since South Africa holds 90% of the supply. So if something happens which reduces or cuts off its supply then platinum could go up.

The other is that gold becomes too expensive so people start turning to other precious metals including platinum and palladium.

Any event ya'd have to wait at least 5 maybe 10-15 years before or if you'd see a breakout in the Platinum price.

Personally I think lowly  copper'd be a better investment than platinum L okmeer.

And since you have a farm you actually have adequate storage facilities to store it. Copper gets sold by the pound or in bricks, not 1 oz ingots. So anyone with storage and space could store it for long periods of time.

The price of copper is likely to shoot up more dramatically and faster than Platinum or Palladium for that matter.

Anyway something for you to think about. I'm probably gonna start investing in commodities like copper soon, eh?

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on April 07, 2024, 01:42:09 PM4 years ago I had over $1000 US spendin' money courtesy of mostly American tourists. So I decided to but some precious metals with it.

I went to the local coin shop & they gave me a choice between gold silver and platinum. I went with the gold. 1/2 ounce of gold was roughly the same price of platinum.

4 years later the price of platinum has remained flat while both gold and silver have gone up. So had I bought that 1 oz platinum it would have lost money due to inflation. I have since concluded that platinum is a poor store of wealth.

However if you decide to invest in it, then you have to think long term. I think the main catalysts for price increase might be a disruption in its supply since South Africa holds 90% of the supply. So if something happens which reduces or cuts off its supply then platinum could go up.

The other is that gold becomes too expensive so people start turning to other precious metals including platinum and palladium.

Any event ya'd have to wait at least 5 maybe 10-15 years before or if you'd see a breakout in the Platinum price.

Personally I think lowly  copper'd be a better investment than platinum L okmeer.

And since you have a farm you actually have adequate storage facilities to store it. Copper gets sold by the pound or in bricks, not 1 oz ingots. So anyone with storage and space could store it for long periods of time.

The price of copper is likely to shoot up more dramatically and faster than Platinum or Palladium for that matter.

Anyway something for you to think about. I'm probably gonna start investing in commodities like copper soon, eh?

There's a substantial chance that platinum will break out over the next 2 years.
1. As you mentioned, people looking at cheaper than gold alternatives
2. Saint Trump energized economy
3. Car companies accepting EV's have a limited market-Ford already pumping the brakes on EV's
4. Electrolyzer tech uses platinum
5. Devalued dollar has not been reflected in the price of platinum yet

Worst case scenario, you hold platinum 2 years and get out of it at $1100/oz

There's also rumors that the U.S. Mint may stop making platinum coins soon causing the U.S. coins to spike in value.

At any rate, there's pretty much zero risk of losing any money. Do what I say, josephine.

Oliver the Second

Agree Agree x 1 Informative Informative x 1 View List

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on April 07, 2024, 02:13:34 PMThere's a substantial chance that platinum will break out over the next 2 years.
1. As you mentioned, people looking at cheaper than gold alternatives
2. Saint Trump energized economy
3. Car companies accepting EV's have a limited market-Ford already pumping the brakes on EV's
4. Electrolyzer tech uses platinum
5. Devalued dollar has not been reflected in the price of platinum yet

Worst case scenario, you hold platinum 2 years and get out of it at $1100/oz

There's also rumors that the U.S. Mint may stop making platinum coins soon causing the U.S. coins to spike in value.

At any rate, there's pretty much zero risk of losing any money. Do what I say, josephine.

Well I already got 3 ounces and a bit L okmeer. And it hasn't gone up.

In fact its declined in price.

If her gonna dabble in Platinum or Palladium you have to be willing to hold it for a long time.

Other than the new technologies you've mentioned research AI to see what metals it needs. Copper is a key component along with rare earth metals like Platinum.

I would still invest in copper if I was you. That's what I'm going to do.

I spoke to an engineer with a PhD and he said that while platinum will always have its market share he thought it's a luxury metal intended for the high end. So while it has a potential for the upside it is somewhat limited.