The best topic

Replies: 7318
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 01:39:47 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

That Gold I bought keeps going up in price

Started by JOE, March 04, 2024, 05:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 23 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Lokmar

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on April 28, 2024, 05:08:12 PMSell that collector shit, stupid ass.

So Lokmeer, today I completed an auction where I bought 6.775 grams pure gold (after excluding alloys), paid $660.80 Canadian or $480 US) including shipping/taxes. 31.15 g is 1 troy ounce,  Current spot is $505 USD. Minimum price I saw on Ebay for that coin excluding shipping and taxes is $540 US. So I got it at least $60 US less than the going rate. With taxes and shiping added that might be $100 US saved.

and 9 ounces of pure Canadian Junk silver (after excluding alloys), like you've recommended

Mind you that was some pretty nice 'junk', 80% Silver in each coin:

6 ounces pure silver 50 cent pieces (paid $211 Canadian or about $154 US)
Current spot price is $160

3 ounces pure siver $1 pieces (paid $105.73 including taxes or about $77 US @$25/ounce)
Current spot price $80 US

...so maybe I did about 5% below spot price on all of 'em?

so if it was sold retail might be 10-15% below retail?

That's what I was talkin to you about b'fore - buy below spot & yer laughin' Bud!

Lokmar

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on May 01, 2024, 09:55:04 PMSo Lokmeer, today I completed an auction where I bought 6.775 grams pure gold (after excluding alloys), paid $660.80 Canadian or $480 US) including shipping/taxes. 31.15 g is 1 troy ounce,  Current spot is $505 USD. Minimum price I saw on Ebay for that coin excluding shipping and taxes is $540 US. So I got it at least $60 US less than the going rate. With taxes and shiping added that might be $100 US saved.

and 9 ounces of pure Canadian Junk silver (after excluding alloys), like you've recommended

Mind you that was some pretty nice 'junk', 80% Silver in each coin:

6 ounces pure silver 50 cent pieces (paid $211 Canadian or about $154 US)
Current spot price is $160

3 ounces pure siver $1 pieces (paid $105.73 including taxes or about $77 US @$25/ounce)
Current spot price $80 US

...so maybe I did about 5% below spot price on all of 'em?

so if it was sold retail might be 10-15% below retail?

That's what I was talkin to you about b'fore - buy below spot & yer laughin' Bud!

My wife transferred $30,000 into her trading account today.

We got too much cash kicking around.

I might buy another car.

What kind of car do you drive, Senile J?

DKG

Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

JOE

Quote from: DKG on May 03, 2024, 09:58:40 AM

Actually avatar_DKG KG I have driven busses before but I never liked it.

Scariest moment once was when I turned into the right lane & nearly flattened a driver. Luckily nothing happened no one got hurt. I didn't see him and it could have been fatal.

So I'd rather never drive them again. Was never my forte anyway.

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on May 02, 2024, 06:25:19 PMBuy it up, josephine!

I think I'm gonna slow down in the Metals buying for a while L okmeer.

Gold 'n Silver have stalled lately, hit a ceiling & are going down at the moment.

But at least it seems ta be stable at the moment.

Gold at $2300? Silver at $25?

Actually when the price was higher & rising, about a month I spoke with an mining engineer & he thought that the gold price was reaching its limit this year at around $2400. $2500 very max

what he told me is that Gold costs about $1400 US to mine - which is its break even point or what he labelled its 'theoretical price'.

And then he said the 'practical price' of gold is $1900 US.
Maybe that's the retail price it normally trades at?

And anything beyond $1400 is all profit for the mining companies.

Mind you his figures may be dated. Say we kick in inflation & the break even price now might be $1600-1700? And the practical price is now $2100-2200?

So perhaps its current price of around $2300 is around where it should be trading at. Likewise $25 silver.

I suppose next year there might be a bump in the prices again. Possibly a conservative estimate/2025 projection of $2500 Gold and $30 silver?

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on May 03, 2024, 04:08:25 AMMy wife transferred $30,000 into her trading account today.

We got too much cash kicking around.

I might buy another car.

What kind of car do you drive, Senile J?

I could throw $30,000 inta the stock market if I wanted T he Prowler

However....I don't know if this is the best time to be throwing money into the markets. I keep hearing that there will be a crash or no less a correction in 2025 after the US elections are over.

Now of course, these are only predictions by some forecasters.
They are also frequently wrong as well.

Nevertheless I'd still rather wait 'til 2025/26 to see where things really are headed and that will provide a clearer picture.

If it all falls, there may be some deals to be had.
No sense in buying too high ifya can buy it low at a later date.

Planning to be a car sometime. Didn't wanna spend too much.
Hopefully I'll get something which is economical and reliable.
Gonna look around.

Frood

Stick to your sticky paged comic books and pre 70's junk silver, Johomo.
Blahhhhhh...

JOE

Quote from: Frood on May 04, 2024, 07:59:32 AMStick to your sticky paged comic books and pre 70's junk silver, Johomo.

I dunno.

Maybe my latest purchase wasn't even that great a buy avatar_Frood rood .

I'm not sure if it was worth it since junk silver's resale value is rather low. Pure silver is better. And of course Gold is way better than either.

Will see...but I probably won't buy too much more if it.

At least I didn't pay too much for the silver.

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on May 04, 2024, 06:55:02 AMI think I'm gonna slow down in the Metals buying for a while L okmeer.

Gold 'n Silver have stalled lately, hit a ceiling & are going down at the moment.

But at least it seems ta be stable at the moment.

Gold at $2300? Silver at $25?

Actually when the price was higher & rising, about a month I spoke with an mining engineer & he thought that the gold price was reaching its limit this year at around $2400. $2500 very max

what he told me is that Gold costs about $1400 US to mine - which is its break even point or what he labelled its 'theoretical price'.

And then he said the 'practical price' of gold is $1900 US.
Maybe that's the retail price it normally trades at?

And anything beyond $1400 is all profit for the mining companies.

Mind you his figures may be dated. Say we kick in inflation & the break even price now might be $1600-1700? And the practical price is now $2100-2200?

So perhaps its current price of around $2300 is around where it should be trading at. Likewise $25 silver.

I suppose next year there might be a bump in the prices again. Possibly a conservative estimate/2025 projection of $2500 Gold and $30 silver?

Ask your buddy why silver is only $26/oz. Now re-read what you just posted and ask yourself how can silver be only $26/oz. Something is amiss with your post.

Oliver the Second

Quote from: JOE on May 04, 2024, 07:19:25 AMPlanning to be a car sometime. Didn't wanna spend too much.

Better make it a hatchback so you don't break the bank.

Brent

Quote from: Oliver the Second on May 04, 2024, 01:27:06 PMBetter make it a hatchback so you don't break the bank.
Joe doesn't want to pretend to buy a car. He wants to pretend to be a car.

JOE

Quote from: Oliver the Second on May 04, 2024, 01:27:06 PMBetter make it a hatchback so you don't break the bank.

Suits e fine O llie.

I've driven all those fancy cars drivin' limo.

They're jes fancy $200,000 paperweights which after a while feel like an anvil around yer neck.

The less expensive the car, the beddah.

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on May 04, 2024, 01:11:50 PMAsk your buddy why silver is only $26/oz. Now re-read what you just posted and ask yourself how can silver be only $26/oz. Something is amiss with your post.

Well L okmeer, the guy never commented on Silver.

That's just my analysis.

If we're at @25/26 oz silver now, maybe it could climb to an average $28-30 by next year?

I'd wager Gold might be at $2500 resistance level by next year. Possibly $2600/2700 tho. (?)

It all depends on the political situation in the US & the World I suppose.

2025 will likely be a volatile year.