The best topic

Replies: 682
Total votes: : 2

Last post: April 03, 2024, 12:06:45 PM
Re: DEADSKINS GIANT "FLAT EARTH" PRE... by deadskinmask

That Gold I bought keeps going up in price

Started by JOE, March 04, 2024, 05:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheProwler and 10 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on March 27, 2024, 12:20:50 PMGOLD is almost at $2200 per ounce.... L Lokmeer!

https://goldprice.org/

After it shoots past $2200, Gonna hit $2300 soon!

Probably $2500 by years end. Did you finally listen and start buying bullion instead of collector coins?

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on March 27, 2024, 12:43:35 PMProbably $2500 by years end. Did you finally listen and start buying bullion instead of collector coins?

Well I buy collector coins at near face value with low mintages L Lokmeer!

That way ya know they're not counterfeit eh? COA.

And because the ones I buy are pure gold there's no sales tax on them.

Even when ya buy bullion ya gotta be careful where ya buy it from. Places I go to assay everything that comes into their shops with $30,000 devices. Its really dicey if ya buy from the Internet.

There's a lotta fakes floating around these days...Lokmeer!

That's why you should buy all your bullion in person from a registered dealer so you can examine it

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on March 27, 2024, 12:54:03 PMWell I buy collector coins at near face value with low mintages L Lokmeer!

That way ya know they're not counterfeit eh? COA.

And because the ones I buy are pure gold there's no sales tax on them.

Even when ya buy bullion ya gotta be careful where ya buy it from. Places I go to assay everything that comes into their shops with $30,000 devices. Its really dicey if ya buy from the Internet.

There's a lotta fakes floating around these days...Lokmeer!

That's why you should buy all your bullion in person from a registered dealer so you can examine it

I already told you several times, I buy bullion and buy it from reputable sources. When you go to sell some of that collector shit tho, they only give melt. At least an American Eagle or Cucknadian Maple will carry a premium.
Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

JOE

JOE

Yeah I know the collector stuff might only resell for melt value.

That's why I bought it at near melt value.

The only collector gold coins that sell way above melt value are antique coins graded & encapsulated by NGC with low montages and few specimens in high grade with 100 or fewer known copies L Lokmeer!

Yer right. If they are too new and too common they probably won't have much collector value

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on March 27, 2024, 02:04:11 PMYeah I know the collector stuff might only resell for melt value.

That's why I bought it at near melt value.

The only collector gold coins that sell way above melt value are antique coins graded & encapsulated by NGC with low montages and few specimens in high grade with 100 or fewer known copies L Lokmeer!

Yer right. If they are too new and too common they probably won't have much collector value

Well then, if you bought near melt, all that matters is the gold or silver content. You're fine.

I had a silver california commemorative coin that was my grandparents. It was sterling silver so in a SHTF situation, it was worthless. I sold it for scrap and added a few bucks and now have another silver eagle in its place. Now, no mater if the world goes on as usual or if it shits the bed, I have a coin with a universally recognized value.

I have a bunch of eagles, maples, britanias, even a few libertads that anyone with half a brain can quickly assess their value. I also hung onto some not so rare constitutional silver that was hand me downs.

JOE

I kinda like some of those American Collector Coins.

I just have one - an 1853 Gold Dollar coin.

If I buy any more of them itll only be the gold coins.

I notice at the auctions, the US coins always have bidders and they rarely go below asking. Even when the auctions are held in Canada the American coins are always popular and almost always sell right away.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

JOE

Most foreign coins even the rare ones dont always sell and you can get a good deal on some of them. Even pay less than the melt value

Oliver the Second

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on March 27, 2024, 03:35:00 PMI notice at the auctions, the US coins always have bidders and they rarely go below asking.

Senile J, you just got caught in another lie.

And this one is a doozy!!!!

What you are calling the "asking price" is actually called a "reserve bid" in an auction.

And items are never sold for an amount less than the reserve bid.

Auctions do not even allow bids for less than the reserve bid.

The evidence is clear.

You do not even participate in the auctions, Senile Joe.

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on March 27, 2024, 10:53:31 PMSenile J, you just got caught in another lie.

And this one is a doozy!!!!

What you are calling the "asking price" is actually called a "reserve bid" in an auction.

And items are never sold for an amount less than the reserve bid.

Auctions do not even allow bids for less than the reserve bid.

The evidence is clear.

You do not even participate in the auctions, Senile Joe.

Well T I've seen British Sovereigns go for $500 US

They've got nearly 1/4 ounce of gold

That's essentially Melt Value

I recently bought 1/2 ounce of gold at an auction for $1500 Canadian inc Buyers premium

That is the spot price of gold right now.

I also bought a foreign coin with 1/4 ounce of gold for $700 Canadianinc Buyers premium

And that is less than the current spot price of gold right now.

I bought 1/10 ounce or 3 grams of pure gold in a ring for $175 US inc Buyers premium

that's also less than the current price of gold.

When I bought it it was less than the price gold was trading at back then.

JOE

Here's a coin I bought from a coin seller in your town:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/202672952558?itmmeta=01HT1RYD84NS8S7VESR4PHMWMY&hash=item2f303fd4ee:g:GVYAAOSwHFhc0eLI&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA0LaRdHDac3H9M3AjjkSaFznwTQYtNC6zBvhOYy6UjfEeiX89qqiQh8OSnmbjpaoOQoPPTALoyGui3YP9zl8QUinmu2tRje%2FM4pVFyi1R8CG90QdSDBjK7hQ1R%2Fr13ztk%2BDwB%2BY0yPZMrlbsXT5%2F5t43jfyifWtDrEUrVWaSW0Fq0VNrl%2Focv8Fb0cS3X%2BjCE6GIkbtjwq2xHMwzY7SMc6znXc3hrBlNWSlWDLLu%2Bczj4zaCsU8Eja1KJ91Yt6AeBKsDYuMZXgcdE3nq9XrG3NJo%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR5TU-bjQYw

I paid $2300 for it.

that was too much. $800 over melt value.

But if gold keeps goin up it might prove to be a wise investmnet.

It's a collector Canadian gold coin from 1914 T

Still they're asking over $3000 canadian on eBay and it's got 14 watchers.

so somebody wants it.

Mind you, that's special high grade MS-66, eh?

Even got Royal Canadian Mint certification, eh Prolwer?

Lokmar

The only coins I've bought on ebay were some 2021 Peace Dollars.

I wouldnt even do that now.

The online dealers and the Gold Center in Springfield are the only places I typically buy from. Even then, I measure every coin with calipers and weigh them.

Funny story, my kid noticed my scale one day and was really concerned because he recognized it as a scale used to measure dope.  :crampe: We both had a big LOL discussing what I used it for.

TheProwler

Quote from: Lokmar on March 28, 2024, 01:47:15 AMThe only coins I've bought on ebay were some 2021 Peace Dollars.

I wouldnt even do that now.

The online dealers and the Gold Center in Springfield are the only places I typically buy from. Even then, I measure every coin with calipers and weigh them.

Funny story, my kid noticed my scale one day and was really concerned because he recognized it as a scale used to measure dope.  :crampe: We both had a big LOL discussing what I used it for.

Senile Joe is living in a fantasy world.

He doe not buy and sell gold.

He suggested that some coins sell for under the "asking price".

That is not the way it works.  If there is no bid at the asking price or higher, then there is no sale.

The poor guy is just bullshitting again.

It makes me wonder what he really did with his inheritance.

JOE

Y'know T my vintage comic book collection is also worth more than your Corvette.

One of my comic books alone typically sells for $10,000 US Prowler

If I sold that collection I could go to a dealer and pick it up from the lot.

So if I sold my gold coin collection & vintage comic books I could buy your car 2 times in the same day Prowler.

But unlike your car my gold coins and comic books are appreciating assets. And yours are constantly deprecating and fast Prowler.

Moral of the story is...

Think smart & not dumb, Dumb Prowler