The best topic

Replies: 682
Total votes: : 2

Last post: April 03, 2024, 12:06:45 PM
Re: DEADSKINS GIANT "FLAT EARTH" PRE... by deadskinmask

That Gold I bought keeps going up in price

Started by JOE, March 04, 2024, 05:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 12 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Lokmar

Quote from: TheProwler on March 28, 2024, 05:06:07 AMSenile Joe is living in a fantasy world.

He doe not buy and sell gold.

He suggested that some coins sell for under the "asking price".

That is not the way it works.  If there is no bid at the asking price or higher, then there is no sale.

The poor guy is just bullshitting again.

It makes me wonder what he really did with his inheritance.

Technically, I have seen a few coins sell for under melt. I suspect its because people are scared they arent real. We're talking a few dollars, not anything that I would claim was a great deal.

Greedy people get scammed on ebay all the time. I saw some asshole selling imitation gold plated eagles on ebay that were obviously fakes and the douchebag seller very very vaguely insinuated they werent genuine. They looked cast. People bought em and then complained they were fake. I thought, FFS, have you clowns even looked at a genuine coin?

Sheesh! People are fucking stupid AF!
Informative Informative x 1 View List

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on March 28, 2024, 07:51:36 AMY'know T my vintage comic book collection is also worth more than your Corvette.

One of my comic books alone typically sells for $10,000 US Prowler

If I sold that collection I could go to a dealer and pick it up from the lot.

So if I sold my gold coin collection & vintage comic books I could buy your car 2 times in the same day Prowler.

But unlike your car my gold coins and comic books are appreciating assets. And yours are constantly deprecating and fast Prowler.

Moral of the story is...

Think smart & not dumb, Dumb Prowler

If you're really holding onto collectables like that these days, you're a stupid fuck.

Kingoffrogs

J is right about one things, cars are not good investments.

Depreciate as soon as you drive it off the lot.

JOE

Quote from: Kingoffrogs on March 28, 2024, 11:12:16 AMJ is right about one things, cars are not good investments.

Cars could be a good investment if they are purchased for that purpose avatar_Kingoffrogs

One idea I thought about is buying a vintage car listed with high sustainable value on the Hagerty Index (hagerty.com) and renting it out to movie studios and advertisers in my city which has a sizeable film industry.

I once drove a stretch limousine to a movie studio in Vancouver for the TV Series the Good Doctor and it was used a prop in one of their episodes.

I didn't actually drive the car in that scene, it was a stuntman who took over and cosmetic California license plates replaced the local ones for shooting purposes.

I suppose the producers wanted a large car with stunning visual effects which could sustain a scene so they chose a White Stretch Cadillac limousine and rented it from the company. So there definitely is a market for that stuff.

The trick is to somehow make it protitable tho.

From my own experience, driving for uber or your own private limo it's difficult to make a profit.

JOE

bTW, it's about 2:20 of the above clip where the stretch limousine drives into the emergency bay of the hospital.

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on March 28, 2024, 07:51:36 AMY'know T my vintage comic book collection is also worth more than your Corvette.

One of my comic books alone typically sells for $10,000 US Prowler

If I sold that collection I could go to a dealer and pick it up from the lot.

So if I sold my gold coin collection & vintage comic books I could buy your car 2 times in the same day Prowler.

But unlike your car my gold coins and comic books are appreciating assets. And yours are constantly deprecating and fast Prowler.

Moral of the story is...

Think smart & not dumb, Dumb Prowler

Senile J, I could buy over 100 brand new C8 Corvettes if I sold my investments.

If I sold my house I could buy 10 more.

Weird flex, Senile Joe.

TheProwler

Quote from: Lokmar on March 28, 2024, 09:50:46 AMTechnically, I have seen a few coins sell for under melt.

Liar J did not say they sold for "under melt value"...he said they sold for "under asking price".

Nothing is sold for under the asking price (or the resrve bid amount).

You can not even register a bid for under the ask.

He is lying.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Lokmar

I dont buy cars as an investment. I either buy as transportation for work or for hobby racing.

IDGAF what happens to the value.

I have a house, a bunch of silver, a small amount of gold, and shitloads of weapons and ammo as investments.

TheProwler

Quote from: Kingoffrogs on March 28, 2024, 11:12:16 AMJ is right about one things, cars are not good investments.

Well, that is correct almost 100% of the time.

Things were funny during the Covid shutdown and used cars were selling for more than new cars, because there was a shortage of new cars.

So you could buy a new car and turn around as sell it at a profit if you were one of the lucky ones to be able to find a new car.

That was not true for all models, but it was true for my C8 Corvette and I know it was true for a lot of SUVs and large pickup trucks.

Regardless, Senile J goes on and on about it, when nobody has indicated that they ever considered a car to be an investment.

The vast majority of the time, a car is an asset that depreciates.  A new car usually depreciates very quickly.

But....

It is up to the person buying the car to weigh out the cost of depreciation versus the value of the experience of being the first owner of a car, of knowing that you performed the engine break-in properly, of knowing that a smelly rat-raced derelict like Senile Joe never dirtied the interior of the car, etc. etc.

Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 2 View List

JOE

Look T !

https://goldprice.org/

...Sez I'm $40 US per ounce richer today!

Gold keeps goin up!

It's insane..... L !

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on March 28, 2024, 09:16:36 PMLook T !

https://goldprice.org/

...Sez I'm $40 US per ounce richer today!

Gold keeps goin up!

It's insane..... L !

How many ounces do you have, josephine?

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on March 28, 2024, 04:48:26 PMWell, that is correct almost 100% of the time.

Things were funny during the Covid shutdown and used cars were selling for more than new cars, because there was a shortage of new cars.

So you could buy a new car and turn around as sell it at a profit if you were one of the lucky ones to be able to find a new car.

That was not true for all models, but it was true for my C8 Corvette and I know it was true for a lot of SUVs and large pickup trucks.

Regardless, Senile J goes on and on about it, when nobody has indicated that they ever considered a car to be an investment.

The vast majority of the time, a car is an asset that depreciates.  A new car usually depreciates very quickly.

But....

It is up to the person buying the car to weigh out the cost of depreciation versus the value of the experience of being the first owner of a car, of knowing that you performed the engine break-in properly, of knowing that a smelly rat-raced derelict like Senile Joe never dirtied the interior of the car, etc. etc.

Actually T I've often thought about how a person could make the most 'lossless' car purchase of any particular make 'n model car....and actually come out ahead, eh?

In other words unlike most cars, ya find something that ends being worth more in 10 years than ya paid for it. And ya could sell it for twice as much.

Is this 'the Holy Grail' of car economics? Kinda like turning water inta wine or lead inta gold?!

However the typical car purchase I saw in the driving industry is someone paid $100,000 for a stretch limo and in a couple of years it was worth only $10,000. And the amt of gas they burned was humongous

So it was a lose lose proposition all the way.  The only way to avoid going deeply inta the red was to drive those things 25/7 365 days of the year. And even then the owners barely broke even. Sometimes a profit but expenses often outweigh the receipts from the jobs. And the cars were hardly worth anything in the end.

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on March 28, 2024, 09:20:48 PMHow many ounces do you have, josephine?

Ah not a lot really.

Just around 15 ounces.

Some of it collector gold.

I was thinking of striving for 20, but with the price of gold now skyrocketing not sure if I can afford to meet this target.

At this rate maybe all I can afford to buy is just 1 ounce per year
Informative Informative x 1 View List

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on March 28, 2024, 09:35:33 PMAh not a lot really.

Just around 15 ounces.

Some of it collector gold.

I was thinking of striving for 20, but with the price of gold now skyrocketing not sure if I can afford to meet this target.

At this rate maybe all I can afford to buy is just 1 ounce per year

Why do you talk about it so much when you have so little?

Oliver the Second

Quote from: JOE on March 28, 2024, 09:16:36 PM...Sez I'm $40 US per ounce richer today!

No you're not. You are potentially richer. You won't actually be richer until you sell it.