The best topic

Replies: 6952
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 07:08:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

That Gold I bought keeps going up in price

Started by JOE, March 04, 2024, 05:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 16 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on April 19, 2024, 08:59:06 PMWell, my Gold an' yer Silver went up today.... L okmeer!

So that 3 coin set I bought the other day - the metal is worth more than what I paid for it, eh?

Geez that was such a good deal. Includes a case worth $100. Then precious metals in the Highest Grade possible.

I think I might buy another 10 ounces of silver this weekend.

Whaddya think? Is that a good move...Lokmeer!?

I bought platinum. If Trump doesnt win, I may as well have it made into a hammer.

Silver and gold may stagnate for a while. I still think Silver takes off again had hits $36 next.

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on April 20, 2024, 02:04:51 AMI bought platinum. If Trump doesnt win, I may as well have it made into a hammer

Platinum is a dead end L okmeer. It doesn't go anywhere.
Only reason I bought some recently is that it was art of a set which contained Gold.
The Gold will likely continue to go up in value but Platinum will stagnate for at least 5 more years. So if you buy 1 ounce of Platinum today, it'll probably still be worth $1000 in 5. Meanwhile, the US dollar will probably lose 30% of its value by then.

5 years ago, I had $1000 US dollars so I went out and bought some preciious metals.

I had a choice at this coin ship between gold, silver and platinum.

I think gold was trading at about $1600 a ounce then. Silver was about $20 an ounce. And Platinum was about $900-1000 an ounce. I could have bought 1 ounce of platinum but bought 1/2 ounce of gold and 5 ounces of silver. Had I bought the Platinum it'd be worth the same absolute dollar amount today. But kick in 20-25% inflation since then, and it's lost that much in value. But the gold and silver went the other way.

Platinum is primarily a high end industrial metal used for pricey technological applications. Where it might go up in the future is if it's used for emerging alternative energies are new supercomputers, etc. Also, if there's a disruption in the supply with South Africa or their political and economic situation gets dramaatically worse. Those are the 2 drivers for a potential rise in its value. Otherwise, you'll probably be waitin a long time ..... Lokmeer! Kinda like waitin for paint to dry.

In the meantime you coulda bought 1/4 ounce of silver and several silver round which might increase by 25% or more in the same time, eh?

I buy Platinum as an amusement. Personally I think it is an undervalued metal, but that that's just my opinion. I don't see how a metal 15 times rarer than gold, couldn't but one day go up in price. Long story short if you own Platinum it's more of the idea that you like having something which seems elusive, glamorous and attractive. However it's price point seems to indicate that it is not really a good investment while the other 2 are.

Quote from: Lokmar on April 20, 2024, 02:04:51 AMSilver and gold may stagnate for a while. I still think Silver takes off again had hits $36 next.

yeah, the price increases we've seen recently might be over for now. The next major bump may not occur for another 6 months or more. Conservatively, I'm fixing the year end price at about $2500 an ounce. $2600 is a tad optimistic but not outside the realm of possibilty. Likewise, I think most of my gold buying is done for the year. Unless I see some really good deals - such as gold selling below its sot value whether it's in coins, jewerly, pens, whatever.

That's what you should do with all these metals. Try to find deals where it's selling at or below spot value.

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on April 20, 2024, 06:16:29 AMPlatinum is a dead end L okmeer. It doesn't go anywhere.
Only reason I bought some recently is that it was art of a set which contained Gold.
The Gold will likely continue to go up in value but Platinum will stagnate for at least 5 more years. So if you buy 1 ounce of Platinum today, it'll probably still be worth $1000 in 5. Meanwhile, the US dollar will probably lose 30% of its value by then.

5 years ago, I had $1000 US dollars so I went out and bought some preciious metals.

I had a choice at this coin ship between gold, silver and platinum.

I think gold was trading at about $1600 a ounce then. Silver was about $20 an ounce. And Platinum was about $900-1000 an ounce. I could have bought 1 ounce of platinum but bought 1/2 ounce of gold and 5 ounces of silver. Had I bought the Platinum it'd be worth the same absolute dollar amount today. But kick in 20-25% inflation since then, and it's lost that much in value. But the gold and silver went the other way.

Platinum is primarily a high end industrial metal used for pricey technological applications. Where it might go up in the future is if it's used for emerging alternative energies are new supercomputers, etc. Also, if there's a disruption in the supply with South Africa or their political and economic situation gets dramaatically worse. Those are the 2 drivers for a potential rise in its value. Otherwise, you'll probably be waitin a long time ..... Lokmeer! Kinda like waitin for paint to dry.

In the meantime you coulda bought 1/4 ounce of silver and several silver round which might increase by 25% or more in the same time, eh?

I buy Platinum as an amusement. Personally I think it is an undervalued metal, but that that's just my opinion. I don't see how a metal 15 times rarer than gold, couldn't but one day go up in price. Long story short if you own Platinum it's more of the idea that you like having something which seems elusive, glamorous and attractive. However it's price point seems to indicate that it is not really a good investment while the other 2 are.

yeah, the price increases we've seen recently might be over for now. The next major bump may not occur for another 6 months or more. Conservatively, I'm fixing the year end price at about $2500 an ounce. $2600 is a tad optimistic but not outside the realm of possibilty. Likewise, I think most of my gold buying is done for the year. Unless I see some really good deals - such as gold selling below its sot value whether it's in coins, jewerly, pens, whatever.

That's what you should do with all these metals. Try to find deals where it's selling at or below spot value.

I've shared a lot of information with you in the past. I wont be doing that with you moving forward. Once my target price on my gold and silver is met, I will be dumping ALL of them and moving solely to platinum.

I will continue to buy platinum, even at $1200/oz.

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on April 20, 2024, 06:55:44 PMI've shared a lot of information with you in the past. I wont be doing that with you moving forward.

Why, L okmeer?!

I don't mind sharing my precious metals strategy with anyone. It's all on YouTube with stackers sharing theirs.

What you've 'shared' is nothin new. Lotsa stackers are very open about theirs.

Actually what I've learned about gold n silver is that if gold can be compared with bitcoin then silver is comparable to ethereum. That is...nobody really spends their bitcoin, they more commonly use ethereum or something else less expensive.

Gold is the high end of the precious metals chain and bitcoin is that of the crypto chain. So they transact with the cheaper stack or crypto. So a person who's managed to accumulate gold or bitcoin probably won't spend it on small purchases.

Maybe big ticket items like yachts homes cars etc. But the lower end stuff for food utilities and everyday items.

Any event I can see how gold and silver go hand in hand. Ya save in gold but spend in silver. And possibly accumulate silver and it exchange it for gold when the time is right. Or buy more silver with 1/10th ounce of gold etc

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on April 20, 2024, 08:33:03 PMWhy, L okmeer?!

I don't mind sharing my precious metals strategy with anyone. It's all on YouTube with stackers sharing theirs.

What you've 'shared' is nothin new. Lotsa stackers are very open about theirs.

Actually what I've learned about gold n silver is that if gold can be compared with bitcoin then silver is comparable to ethereum. That is...nobody really spends their bitcoin, they more commonly use ethereum or something else less expensive.

Gold is the high end of the precious metals chain and bitcoin is that of the crypto chain. So they transact with the cheaper stack or crypto. So a person who's managed to accumulate gold or bitcoin probably won't spend it on small purchases.

Maybe big ticket items like yachts homes cars etc. But the lower end stuff for food utilities and everyday items.

Any event I can see how gold and silver go hand in hand. Ya save in gold but spend in silver. And possibly accumulate silver and it exchange it for gold when the time is right. Or buy more silver with 1/10th ounce of gold etc

I have some insider information on platinum. I work for a company that will have a fair amount of demand in an indirect way.
Informative Informative x 1 View List

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on April 20, 2024, 08:34:56 PMI have some insider information on platinum. I work for a company that will have a fair amount of demand in an indirect way.

Well I sometimes buy Platinum here and there. Generally if it takes a dip and goes lower in price. But I wouldn't be surprised if it went down further to between $800-900 an ounce. I might build up to a 10 oz platinum stack & then stop.

Palladium is another metal to watch I think it was $3000-4000 per ounce then plummeted recently to around $1000 per ounce. But as far as I can see nobody will sell it to you at that price. They often ask for a $200-400 premium and unlike the other metals you have to pay tax on palladium purchases

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on April 20, 2024, 06:55:44 PMI will continue to buy platinum, even at $1200/oz.

Yeesh! I wouldn't.

I'd only buy platinum if it was low went down another $100 or more.

Anyways L okmeer here's an Insider tip...invest in copper or in a copper producer. This metal may well surge in demand and price in 2026.

...maybe even more than silver and gold because of AI, computers & the newer automobiles eh.

JOE

Anyway Palladium is even rarer than Platinum but its price is flat. So something 10 times rarer than platinum and 30 times rarer than gold is listed at just $1000 per ounce

JOE

Here's what I bought today ... L okmeer!

That cost me $304 US.

Do ya think that was a good buy?

One of yer bullion dealers sells it for a bit more than I paid up in Canada, eh?

https://sdbullion.com/1-oz-silver-buffalo-round

JOE

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on April 20, 2024, 08:49:52 PMWell I sometimes buy Platinum here and there. Generally if it takes a dip and goes lower in price. But I wouldn't be surprised if it went down further to between $800-900 an ounce. I might build up to a 10 oz platinum stack & then stop.

Palladium is another metal to watch I think it was $3000-4000 per ounce then plummeted recently to around $1000 per ounce. But as far as I can see nobody will sell it to you at that price. They often ask for a $200-400 premium and unlike the other metals you have to pay tax on palladium purchases

Palladium wont be needed as much as platinum from what I know.

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on April 20, 2024, 09:53:51 PMHere's what I bought today ... L okmeer!

That cost me $304 US.

Do ya think that was a good buy?

One of yer bullion dealers sells it for a bit more than I paid up in Canada, eh?

https://sdbullion.com/1-oz-silver-buffalo-round

I would call that a good buy.

I bought 4 for my son today to start him a stack. I paid $133 but they were all government minted coins including maples, britanias, and eagles.

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on April 20, 2024, 09:54:29 PMThat was for 10 Silver Buffalos

Very popular. Should be good barter in a SHTF or TEOTWAWKI.

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on April 20, 2024, 10:00:17 PMVery popular. Should be good barter in a SHTF or TEOTWAWKI.

Funny that you should mention that cuz there was a story on YouTube that when the S does HTF, in some of these countries affected, they say that silver is easier to transact in than gold.

Oddly, the most popular game int town is the US dollar.

Argentinians would much prefer to be paid in the greenback than Silver or Gold.

But the guy says Gold would be difficult to unload in a place like Argentina.

I talked to a guy from Argentina and he said the same thing.

That hardly anyone transacts in Gold. Silver not so much either.

And the way people 'store' wealth in a highly inflationary environment where the currency constantly loses values is to buy things like land/real estate.

However, rampant inflation is a fact of everyday life in Argentina (probably Brazil too).

Guy told me when their currency devalues, people there really suffer and the stack US dollars whenever they can.

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on April 20, 2024, 10:10:47 PMFunny that you should mention that cuz there was a story on YouTube that when the S does HTF, in some of these countries affected, they say that silver is easier to transact in than gold.

Oddly, the most popular game int town is the US dollar.

Argentinians would much prefer to be paid in the greenback than Silver or Gold.

But the guy says Gold would be difficult to unload in a place like Argentina.

I talked to a guy from Argentina and he said the same thing.

That hardly anyone transacts in Gold. Silver not so much either.

And the way people 'store' wealth in a highly inflationary environment where the currency constantly loses values is to buy things like land/real estate.

However, rampant inflation is a fact of everyday life in Argentina (probably Brazil too).

Guy told me when their currency devalues, people there really suffer and the stack US dollars whenever they can.
a

There's a few things to unpack there:

1. gold wont be as easy to barter for small items. It will be fantastic for high value items.
2. Silver will be good for smaller value items. However, I expect the exchange on silver/gold to be about 50-1 or 40-1, not the 82-1 its been lately.
3. SHTF = dollar=0