The best topic

Replies: 6951
Total votes: : 3

Last post: May 01, 2024, 01:57:41 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Brent

That Gold I bought keeps going up in price

Started by JOE, March 04, 2024, 05:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 11 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on April 20, 2024, 10:16:30 PMa

There's a few things to unpack there:

1. gold wont be as easy to barter for small items. It will be fantastic for high value items.
2. Silver will be good for smaller value items. However, I expect the exchange on silver/gold to be about 50-1 or 40-1, not the 82-1 its been lately.
3. SHTF = dollar=0

Well according to your theory, if the dollar goes to ZERO, then barter of EVERYTHING will become the norm. So commodities including gold and silver should shoot up in price and value because they would become a major medium of exchange.

Everything would be bought and sold with silver or some other commodity instead of cash which would be considered worthless.

Possibly we would have 2 systems?

An 'Official' System run by what remains of a Central government using their currency

and

An 'Underground' economy which much of the population will turn to.

Maybe the vast majority will only use the official system and it currency when using government services.

I think that's what they call a mercantile or mercantilist system.

JOE

Here's an interesting article I found L okmeer:

https://talesoftimesforgotten.com/2020/03/18/how-much-were-gold-coins-really-worth-during-the-middle-ages/

...How much was gold worth during the Middle Ages

Interesting is when measured by weight, it could buy approximately as much as it can today. It's purchasing power was about the same as today. ie - how much it would cost to buy a pig, camel, donkey, etc.

We know that, in the Byzantine world, one nomisma was enough to buy one pig. Today, you can buy a cheap feeder pig for under $100, but a well-bred pig can go for anywhere in the range of $300 to $1,000. In the Byzantine Empire, three nomismata was enough to buy a donkey. Today, the cost of one donkey is usually somewhere between $500 and $2,000.

JOE

Gold 'n Silver fell quite a bit today .... L okmeer!

Gold by $70 per ounce & silver down by a whopping 5%!

https://goldprice.org/silver-price.html

What happened?! It was all goin' so nicely, but then....BOOM!

presto.

Next question is...how low can it go?!

JOE

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on April 21, 2024, 01:06:18 AMHere's an interesting article I found L okmeer:

https://talesoftimesforgotten.com/2020/03/18/how-much-were-gold-coins-really-worth-during-the-middle-ages/

...How much was gold worth during the Middle Ages

Interesting is when measured by weight, it could buy approximately as much as it can today. It's purchasing power was about the same as today. ie - how much it would cost to buy a pig, camel, donkey, etc.

We know that, in the Byzantine world, one nomisma was enough to buy one pig. Today, you can buy a cheap feeder pig for under $100, but a well-bred pig can go for anywhere in the range of $300 to $1,000. In the Byzantine Empire, three nomismata was enough to buy a donkey. Today, the cost of one donkey is usually somewhere between $500 and $2,000.

Its silver that is artificially low tho. Gold was far far too low but now its mostly caught up....until the next round of debasement.

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on April 22, 2024, 05:43:32 PMGold 'n Silver fell quite a bit today .... L okmeer!

Gold by $70 per ounce & silver down by a whopping 5%!

https://goldprice.org/silver-price.html

What happened?! It was all goin' so nicely, but then....BOOM!

presto.

Next question is...how low can it go?!

Profit taking. There's lots of people who bought at $11 to $18 that are cashing out.

The coin shops are flush with coins and bullion, so much so they're wholesaling it.

Since I bought in at $22.50 to $24, I could cash out but its not worth it. I'll hold.

Lokmar

Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on April 22, 2024, 07:30:51 PMProfit taking. There's lots of people who bought at $11 to $18 that are cashing out.

The coin shops are flush with coins and bullion, so much so they're wholesaling it.

Since I bought in at $22.50 to $24, I could cash out but its not worth it. I'll hold.

I dunno. Looks like both Gold 'n Silver are gonna take a dive L okmeer!

Approx $30 silver & $2400 gold were probably the ceiling for this year or so.

Maybe there'll be another bull run sometime around the US presidential election?

Anyways, somethin's gonna blow after yer elections, eh?

Meltdown galore in yer country no matter who wins.

Hate ta see all the mayhem and bloodshed's that's a comin'!

That's probably when the stock market and gold/silver prices will act real crazy, eh?

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on April 22, 2024, 11:10:51 PMI dunno. Looks like both Gold 'n Silver are gonna take a dive L okmeer!

Approx $30 silver & $2400 gold were probably the ceiling for this year or so.

Maybe there'll be another bull run sometime around the US presidential election?

Anyways, somethin's gonna blow after yer elections, eh?

Meltdown galore in yer country no matter who wins.

Hate ta see all the mayhem and bloodshed's that's a comin'!

That's probably when the stock market and gold/silver prices will act real crazy, eh?

I dont think so, josephine. Who know tho, I might be wrong.

The economy is shit. The dollar is living on a prayer.

I believe this was the dip that was predicted almost exactly 1 month ago. I'd at least buy gold, for sure buy silver!

Lokmar

Right now, I'm agonizing about what to buy. Whats a better deal? Hmmmmmm.....

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on April 22, 2024, 11:33:41 PMRight now, I'm agonizing about what to buy. Whats a better deal? Hmmmmmm.....

Probably you should buy a bit of gold and silver when they dip.

Last I saw gold still on its 2ay down. Now $2300 per ounce.

Gold might test the $2000-2100 per ounce level again

I think platinum is a dog unless you can buy it at a rock bottom price. Platinum went down too. So did Palladium. Never buy those 2 metals high j

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on April 23, 2024, 12:07:31 AMProbably you should buy a bit of gold and silver when they dip.

Last I saw gold still on its 2ay down. Now $2300 per ounce.

Gold might test the $2000-2100 per ounce level again

I think platinum is a dog unless you can buy it at a rock bottom price. Platinum went down too. So did Palladium. Never buy those 2 metals high j

Platinum never went up much anyway. Its still a bargain and as I told you before, its a long hold.

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on April 23, 2024, 01:13:58 AMPlatinum never went up much anyway. Its still a bargain and as I told you before, its a long hold.

If Platinum dips $100 or more per ounce, it could be a real bargain. Platinum at $700-800 could be a steal.

I wouldn't buy too much right now.

Next year it might fall some more.

Just keep watching out.

I noticed in the past year or so, Platinum fell to as low as $830 per ounce.

https://www.macrotrends.net/2540/platinum-prices-historical-chart-data

That woulda been a heckuva price to buy in at.

You gotta find that 'Golden' or 'Platinum' Bottom....Lokmeer!

May, 2020 $717 per ounce it hit bottom.

If the economy slows next year, this could drag the price of platinum down once again and make it a potential bargain to buy in at.

I'd keep an eye on its movements.

Might be worth lookin into.

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on April 23, 2024, 10:06:54 PMIf Platinum dips $100 or more per ounce, it could be a real bargain. Platinum at $700-800 could be a steal.

I wouldn't buy too much right now.

Next year it might fall some more.

Just keep watching out.

I noticed in the past year or so, Platinum fell to as low as $700 per ounce.

https://www.macrotrends.net/2540/platinum-prices-historical-chart-data

That woulda been a heckuva price to buy in at.

You gotta find that 'Golden' or 'Platinum' Bottom.... L okmeer!

May, 2020 $717 per ounce it hit bottom.

If the economy slows next year, this could drag the price of platinum down once again and make it a potential bargain to buy in at.

I'd keep an eye on its movements.

Might be worth lookin into.

Its a bargan now. Then again, so is gold. So is silver and if you buy more silver, your money will increase quicker.

As I've told you repeatedly, josephine, I bought platinum recently as a long hold. When it does go up, it will rise quickly. Even quicker than silver in my estimation.

JOE

Anyways L okmeer, it appears that both gold and silver have sorta hit a bottom for now.

Seems $2300 was gold's resistance level and $27 for silver.

so if they manage to keep it there or not too much lower, that's a good sing.

Means there are still a lotta buyers out there and even in the event of a selloff, it will hold its own.

However, the same can't be said of bitcoin. In a selloff, it could dip much farther down than Gold or Silver.