The best topic

Replies: 6955
Total votes: : 3

Last post: May 03, 2024, 08:42:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

That Gold I bought keeps going up in price

Started by JOE, March 04, 2024, 05:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE and 13 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on April 23, 2024, 10:15:46 PMIts a bargan now. Then again, so is gold. So is silver and if you buy more silver, your money will increase quicker.

As I've told you repeatedly, josephine, I bought platinum recently as a long hold. When it does go up, it will rise quickly. Even quicker than silver in my estimation.

Well it's not too bad a price at the moment.

$900?

But I was hoping it might dip again to $800 - which seems to be its latest low point.

$700 is possible, not out of the cards tho

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on April 23, 2024, 10:18:50 PMAnyways L okmeer, it appears that both gold and silver have sorta hit a bottom for now.

Seems $2300 was gold's resistance level and $27 for silver.

so if they manage to keep it there or not too much lower, that's a good sing.

Means there are still a lotta buyers out there and even in the event of a selloff, it will hold its own.

However, the same can't be said of bitcoin. In a selloff, it could dip much farther down than Gold or Silver.

I'd buy bitcoin if it went below $20K.

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on April 23, 2024, 10:18:50 PMit appears that both gold and silver have sorta hit a bottom for now.

Senile Joe, why did you say that you spent close to $3,000 on 10 ounces of silver?

DKG

Quote from: TheProwler on April 24, 2024, 12:21:35 AMSenile Joe, why did you say that you spent close to $3,000 on 10 ounces of silver?

He lies to get attention. You must have figured that out long ago.

TheProwler

Quote from: DKG on April 24, 2024, 07:14:35 AMHe lies to get attention. You must have figured that out long ago.

I am just picking on Senile J for being such a stooge.

He was going on about how I never post pictures of my investment documentation and house and whatever else...

So I thought it would be funny to get some of the cash that I have in my house and take a picture....which I did, and he then said he spent that much on 10 ounces of silver.  Take a look at the picture...he thought that was around $400!  Shit, there are five $100 bills there.  Over twenty $50 bills.  What kind of a retard does the math on that and comes to ~$400?

Senile J is not good with numbers.

Hahaha!!!
Funny Funny x 1 View List

Thiel

Quote from: TheProwler on April 24, 2024, 09:43:26 PMSenile J is not good with numbers.
True, but he is submissive in bed and that is all that matters to me.
You're Gross! You're Gross! x 1 Funny Funny x 1 View List
gay, conservative and proud

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on April 24, 2024, 09:43:26 PMI am just picking on Senile J for being such a stooge.

He was going on about how I never post pictures of my investment documentation and house and whatever else...

So I thought it would be funny to get some of the cash that I have in my house and take a picture....which I did, and he then said he spent that much on 10 ounces of silver.  Take a look at the picture...he thought that was around $400!  Shit, there are five $100 bills there.  Over twenty $50 bills.  What kind of a retard does the math on that and comes to ~$400?

Senile J is not good with numbers.

Hahaha!!!

I also bought 3 gold coins weighing 1 oz for more than you have displayed in that photo T Prowler. $3100. But they went up in value $300.

I will upload that image and the receipt later for you when I have the time.
Shit Post! Shit Post! x 1 View List

Oliver the Second

Mmmm... good cracker!

Ritz is giving away a 24-karat gold bar in honor of its new 'Buttery-er' cracker

Ritz Crackers wants consumers to live life more "Buttery-er," a homage to its new Buttery-er Flavored Crackers.  In honor of the upcoming release, the company is giving customers a chance to win a 24-karat solid gold bar molded in the shape of a stick of butter.

Ritz teamed up with jewelry designer Greg Yüna to create the solid gold bar worth about $100,000.

The company's new butter-flavored cracker captures "the buttery flavor that fans know and love, elevating the flaky and irresistible crackers with an extra boost of decadence in every bite." The limited-time release will be available for a suggested retail price of $4.29 at retailers nationwide beginning on April 29.

"With the new limited-edition Buttery-er Crackers, we're taking it to the next level for our buttery-flavor loving fans by offering one lucky winner the ultimate prize of a 24-karat gold bar in the shape of a traditional stick of butter, all in homage to the extra buttery flavor they know and love," Mayte Killeen, senior brand manager at Ritz, said in a news release.

To enter the contest, consumers will have to post a video on TikTok using the Live Buttery-er TikTok effect from May 1 to 20. The video should include hashtags #livebutteryer and #RITZcontest in the caption to qualify for the contest.

For those who don't want to post a social media video, Ritz is also offering a mail-in alternative to entering the contest.

More info here -

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ritz-brand-introduces-limited-edition-buttery-er-flavored-crackers-along-with-the-chance-to-strike-gold-302124695.html

https://ktla.com/news/money-business/ritz-is-giving-away-24-karat-gold-bar-in-honor-of-its-new-buttery-er-cracker/

Funny Funny x 1 View List

Lokmar

My platinum order came in this week. That shit is heavy for its size!

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on April 25, 2024, 05:06:19 PMMy platinum order came in this week. That shit is heavy for its size!

If you don't mind me asking, how many ounces/pounds didja order.... L okmeer?

Just curious.

Don't worry tho, I'm not tryin' ta catch you in this regard.

don't want to stack too much platinum.

But I thought 10 oz tops I might try buyin'?

Like Silver, I'm not bullish on Platinum.

both are primarily industrial metals.

And if ya get lucky and it goes up to $3000, then sell it while it's high.

Likelihood, it's next high might be $2000 or $2500?

But unlike Gold, Platinum will probably never be a great store of wealth.
Palladium for that matter as well.

Gold could conceivably keep going up and reach $5000 one day and stay there, but Platinum may still be stuck at $1000 or less.

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on April 25, 2024, 07:45:56 PMIf you don't mind me asking, how many ounces/pounds didja order.... L okmeer?

Just curious.

Don't worry tho, I'm not tryin' ta catch you in this regard.

don't want to stack too much platinum.

But I thought 10 oz tops I might try buyin'?

Like Silver, I'm not bullish on Platinum.

both are primarily industrial metals.

And if ya get lucky and it goes up to $3000, then sell it while it's high.

Likelihood, it's next high might be $2000 or $2500?

But unlike Gold, Platinum will probably never be a great store of wealth.
Palladium for that matter as well.

Gold could conceivably keep going up and reach $5000 one day and stay there, but Platinum may still be stuck at $1000 or less.

Not very much josephine. I'll stack maybe 10 oz total this year. It'll nearly double within a year making it a much better investment than gold. I'm buying it BECAUSE of its industrial use. Its going to be in very short supply soon.

Silver is STILL a better investment than anything else.

I believe gold and silver are at a bus stop right now. Its a buying opportunity, ESPECIALLY for silver.

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on April 25, 2024, 02:58:30 AMI also bought 3 gold coins weighing 1 oz for more than you have displayed in that photo T Prowler. $3100. But they went up in value $300.

I will upload that image and the receipt later for you when I have the time.

Wow!!

You could buy a used 2001 Camry for that!!!!!!

Herman

Quote from: TheProwler on April 25, 2024, 11:48:35 PM
Wow!!

Better than what he gets around in now-city buses.

TheProwler

Quote from: Herman on April 26, 2024, 08:25:23 PMBetter than what he gets around in now-city buses.

I really do not give a shit about how most people live their lives.

But Senile J is a real asshole, so I enjoy mocking him.
Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on April 25, 2024, 11:48:35 PM
Wow!!

Your money, you said it was $3000:

....could ALMOST buy this dumb T rowler:

...you would fall $100 short at today's Gold prices.

The precise weight of the gold content in those coins is 30.19 grams of gold, which is just shy of 1 troy ounce (31.10 grams)

I paid $3183.79 for all three coins, which is slightly more than today's gold spot price. $3,101.04

However, one of those coins is a collector 1912 CANADA $5 Gold

and they are asking $1300 CDN minimum on eBay these days.

the other coins include a 1977 1 Pahlavi coin weighing 7.32 grams or .2354 ounces

AND a

1977 $100 22 kt Gold coin from CANADA.

None of these coins is pure gold.

Therefore they were subject to sales tax.