Replies: 7373
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:06:33 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

LOL just received one of those copyright violation letters

Started by Rancidmilko, March 13, 2024, 02:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

The introduction of AI mirrors what happened during the Great Depression too. Companies introduced lotsa new technologies and that exacerbated the unemployment situation back then. But it also led to social unrest, the rise of fascism and WWII.

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on March 17, 2024, 02:36:14 PMTrouble is these CEOs and upper management doin all these cuts may themselves one day be replaced by AI.

And why is that a bad thing, Senile J?

Efficiency is always a good thing.

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on March 17, 2024, 02:38:07 PMThe introduction of AI mirrors what happened during the Great Depression too. Companies introduced lotsa new technologies and that exacerbated the unemployment situation back then. But it also led to social unrest, the rise of fascism and WWII.

People just need to learn to adapt to change.

There are too many stupid people in government and too many stupid people allowed to vote.

This will all work out after The Culling.

Lokmar

Quote from: TheProwler on March 17, 2024, 02:07:34 PMWhen a company cuts its workforce....

BUY!!

(generally)

It usually means they are embracing new technologies, cutting costs, getting rid of the worst employees.

I disagree. A company that recently had Mckinsie Group come in and slash the fuck outta everything. The company is a fukin disaster now. No people to do anything.

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on March 17, 2024, 08:19:05 PMI disagree. A company that recently had Mckinsie Group come in and slash the fuck outta everything.

You got it...that's what those kinda consulting organizations do...Lokmeer!

TheProwler

Quote from: Lokmar on March 17, 2024, 08:19:05 PMI disagree. A company that recently had Mckinsie Group come in and slash the fuck outta everything. The company is a fukin disaster now. No people to do anything.

Like I said, "Generally".

Quote from: JOE on March 17, 2024, 08:35:23 PMYou got it...that's what those kinda consulting organizations do...Lokmeer!

Most of the time they get rid of the dead weight.

Short term pain can often mean long term gain!!!

Kingoffrogs

That sucks, Rancid, but will you pay the fee?

If you do, thank god the fine is only 80 USD

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on March 17, 2024, 09:55:26 PMLike I said, "Generally".

Most of the time they get rid of the dead weight.

Short term pain can often mean long term gain!!!

Given this reality people should have an exit strategy as soon as they get hired by these corporations, T

Use them before they use you.
Rob their till before they rob yours.

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on March 17, 2024, 11:00:03 PMGiven this reality people should have an exit strategy as soon as they get hired by these corporations, T

Use them before they use you.
Rob their till before they rob yours.

The real problem is ALWAYS government. I'd explain it to you but I dont want to waste the time.