The best topic

Replies: 7378
Total votes: : 3

Last post: May 19, 2024, 11:52:50 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

I'm buying the decent or high end non-subscription Graphics Software while it's still available

Started by JOE, March 19, 2024, 12:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

...I noticed in the last while it's either being discontinued or becoming subscriber only.

What used to be widely available, permanent and sometimes cheap, is increasingly being cut off from the consumer now. Unfortunately, the Internet has enabled software makers to offer it in subscriber versions only. Plus the coming of AI has something to do with it as well.

So, what this means is the end user won't just be able to fire up the computer and use what he/she wanted to without any restrictions. I the future, people probably won't be able to own the software like they used to when it came on a CD or DVD

Anyways, that's just the way I see it. So I've been trying to get the better or high end software while I can before that option is cut off/snuffed out from us one day completely.

Brent

TheProwler

I bet that high end 2024 graphics software runs like a charm on Senile J's 2004 iMac.
Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on March 19, 2024, 12:33:49 PMI bet that high end 2024 graphics software runs like a charm on Senile J's 2004 iMac.

Actually T, I have a 2012 Mac Pro Tower right now.

But I'm planning to buy an 'obsolete' 2019 Mac Pro tower if I can this year. But I'm holding off as I hope the prices will come down a bit as they still are somewhat high. I think that was the last of the good Macs too. It could run everything from Apple, Windows to Linux software. That's like gettin' 3 computers for the price of 1, eh?

Truth be known, I think the Powers that Be will yank these customizable PC's or Macs away from us within the next 5 years, eh?

So the options they'll leave us will are these computer 'bricks' similar to an Apple Mac mini.

Sure, these new computers will be powerful, but probably not customizable like today's PC's. Somehow, I doubt you'll see customizable quantum PC's/Macs like we did with the computers we can presently buy.

Perhaps avatar_Biggie Smiles can weigh in on that?

Any event, Moving forward I think we'll have much less control over our tech gadgets and software like we have in the past.

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on March 19, 2024, 12:45:20 PMTruth be known, I think the Powers that Be will yank these customizable PC's or Macs away from us within the next 5 years, eh?

How and why?

Oliver the Second

Informative Informative x 1 View List