The best topic

Replies: 10355
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 02:01:43 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

California votes to spend $6.4B on homeless crisis despite spiraling debt

Started by Conservative Perspective, March 21, 2024, 07:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Conservative Perspective

California votes to spend $6.4B on homeless crisis despite spiraling debt

California voters have passed a measure to spend billions of dollars on the state's spiraling homeless crisis despite the state's finances being in the red.

Source: California votes to spend $6.4B on homeless crisis despite spiraling debt

Lokmar

Quote from: Conservative Perspective on March 21, 2024, 07:29:50 PMCalifornia votes to spend $6.4B on homeless crisis despite spiraling debt

California voters have passed a measure to spend billions of dollars on the state's spiraling homeless crisis despite the state's finances being in the red.

Source: California votes to spend $6.4B on homeless crisis despite spiraling debt

IT WILL NEVER GET BETTER....EVER!!!!

Herman

Quote from: Conservative Perspective on March 21, 2024, 07:29:50 PMCalifornia votes to spend $6.4B on homeless crisis despite spiraling debt

I will bet anything that money will not get one person out of the homelessness trap. Instead it will buy a few jobs for overpaid and under worked Democrat voting social workers.

JOE

Quote from: Herman on March 22, 2024, 01:51:04 AMI will bet anything that money will not get one person out of the homelessness trap. Instead it will buy a few jobs for overpaid and under worked Democrat voting social workers.

It's a noble ambition.

But as you point out corruption will end up taking and squandering all the money.

We have a homeless problem in Vancouver and the poorest neighborhood in Canada on the city's downtown east side. I think biggie did an expose on this and it needs greater condemnation. The province spends 1 billion per year on that area and it gets worse every year.

So yeah I think you're right. Just throwing money at a problem doesn't solve it.

For starters they should shut all the cheap hotels down there and make it a business only district with morning curfew to gate the area off at night so the homeless can't sleep or live there.

Relocate the homeless there too . If they're gonna spend a billion on them per year in my city best to build housing so they can move elsewhere

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on March 22, 2024, 02:04:39 AMIt's a noble ambition.

But as you point out corruption will end up taking and squandering all the money.

We have a homeless problem in Vancouver and the poorest neighborhood in Canada on the city's downtown east side. I think biggie did an expose on this and it needs greater condemnation. The province spends 1 billion per year on that area and it gets worse every year.

So yeah I think you're right. Just throwing money at a problem doesn't solve it.

For starters they should shut all the cheap hotels down there and make it a business only district with morning curfew to gate the area off at night so the homeless can't sleep or live there.

Relocate the homeless there too . If they're gonna spend a billion on them per year in my city best to build housing so they can move elsewhere

Why struggle to move them?  Just convert buildings that are already there into cheap housing for them.

But a lot of them will still go outside and do drugs out in the open.

And that is the real problem, right Joe?  That they hang around all day getting high?

So, and I know this sounds crazy, does it make more sense to get them off the drugs as a priority?
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Oliver the Second

6.4 billion? A few thousand bus tickets to Martha's Vineyard would be a lot cheaper.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Thiel

Quote from: Oliver the Second on March 22, 2024, 09:10:40 AM6.4 billion? A few thousand bus tickets to Martha's Vineyard would be a lot cheaper.
That would be funny if Democrat states started doing that to each other. I think eventually they will have no choice, but to do that.
gay, conservative and proud

Thiel

Quote from: TheProwler on March 22, 2024, 03:24:44 AMWhy struggle to move them?  Just convert buildings that are already there into cheap housing for them.

But a lot of them will still go outside and do drugs out in the open.

And that is the real problem, right Joe?  That they hang around all day getting high?

So, and I know this sounds crazy, does it make more sense to get them off the drugs as a priority?
Jo Jo doesn't see problems through. But, he is wild in the sack and that is all that matters to me.
Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List
gay, conservative and proud