The best topic

Replies: 7064
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 07:20:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Moonie

Moral question

Started by Biggie Smiles, April 25, 2024, 10:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Would you kill baby Hitler if you were certain it was baby Hitler?

Yes
6 (46.2%)
No
7 (53.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Frood

But it IS folklore though..

Simple things for simple minds.  :popcorn:
Blahhhhhh...

Herman

Quote from: Lokmar on April 28, 2024, 10:50:44 PMI have a big problem with people who hide under the skirt of the folklore only when it suits them.
Me too. Some Progs and some anti progs do that.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Oliver the Second

No, I would not kill baby Hitler because one of the people who died in a concentration camp would have been the father of the man who developed the virus that killed every human on earth.

First rule of time travel - DON'T fuck up the timeline!

Agree Agree x 3 View List

caskur

I see Dumm Sums sock accounts are artificially tampering with the poll.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Lokmar

Quote from: Frood on April 28, 2024, 10:53:46 PMBut it IS folklore though..

Simple things for simple minds.  :popcorn:

And you're free to believe that all the way into the hell you dont believe in.

God is the entire basis for our government and rights. When unbelievers go on the attack, they're fucking it up for everyone else.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

deadskinmask

Quote from: Lokmar on April 29, 2024, 09:40:44 AMGod is the entire basis for our government and rights. When unbelievers go on the attack, they're fucking it up for everyone else.

so true....

Logic Sandwich

Quote from: deadskinmask on April 28, 2024, 09:53:17 AMi find it ridiculous that you would kill hitler to prevent "the holocaust".... especially since "the holocaust" itself is mathematically impossible.... the "6 million dead" appeared in the 60's.... jewish historian Jacob Markus in the 1950 edition of Encyclopaedia Brittanica wrote it was "thousands of jews" not millions killed.... the World Almanac from 1933 says there was a total of 15,315,350 jews in the world.... and in 1948 there were a total of 15,753,638 jews in the world.... but if you look for these stats today, they direct you to the "holocaust museum" instead.... when you look at "jewish holocaust survivors" serial number tatoos, theres always 6 digits.... if millions were killed, why is there NEVER seven digits??? be careful about "killing hitler".... maybe you should investigate first....  :crampe:
It could have been any number. I get that the likes of Caskur would argue that whatever the number was, that number of people might be saved.

My contention is that in saving those people, other lives would be lost as a consequence. Very likely a larger amount than those that would be saved, effectively making the Caskur's of this world a greater evil than Hitler. That is the thrust of my argument.

Maybe that's what she is aiming for. Insanely jellie of the angry mustache model's kill to wound ratio (inflated as it assuredly is since he actually did very little killing himself), she yearns to trump him in the genocide stakes. That would actually make a lot of sense.

When she hears the totals attributed to Stalin and Chaiman Mao, I've no doubt she will squirt.

Quote from: Frood on April 28, 2024, 01:21:44 PMThe Treaty of Versailles created Nazi Germany...
Actually it goes back a lot further... as far as King Henry II in fact. The Treaty of Versailles was merely the precursor to Nazi Germany, England was on a course to fuck with Germany long before that.

https://lotuseaters.com/what-happened-to-the-british-empire-or-with-apostolic-majesty-28-02-24

I was listening to the above discussion between Carl Benjamin and Apostolic Majesty regarding the fall of British Empire, the reasons why it happened (including the US's part in the affair et al). I'm going to give it another couple of listens as there is a lot to unpack, but they do pick apart the empire's policies and discuss how one event paved the way for the next. The Treaty of Versailles was one step of many in the chain that led to Nazi Germany, indicating that there was plenty of Brits hands bloodied in the affair.

Most people here won't have the stomach for it (it's nearly two hours long for one thing) but you might. As I indicated, I think it's worth taking another crack at it for my own understanding and not just for the whys and wherefores of WW2. I also plan on checking out Apostlic Majesty's channel, fucker has done his homework and I figure I could do a lot worse than to dive in to his research to expand my own horizons.

Quote from: caskur on April 29, 2024, 08:48:32 AMI see Dumm Sums sock accounts are artificially tampering with the poll.
I have but one account at this forum. Not sure if it has the perms to screw with poll numbers and I'm not about to login to find out due to the reasons I have stated before.

Besides, as I explained to you previously, the number of people who agree or disagree with the question is immaterial. Ending a life, even one that is destined to end other lives and especially one that is of no threat to you is morally wrong and ought be repudiated. The only pass you get is self defense and even then it should be exercised only as the last resort.

@Biggie Smiles - you are more than welcome to confirm to Chuckles here that I indeed only have one account. I don't particularly feel like her working herself into a tizzy from seeing me in every shadow serves any purpose, particularly not if she ends up having a heart attack over it. She is "vaccinated" you know, a little compassion for the old biddie would not go astray.

Thanks.

Frood

Quote from: Lokmar on April 29, 2024, 09:40:44 AMAnd you're free to believe that all the way into the hell you dont believe in.

God is the entire basis for our government and rights. When unbelievers go on the attack, they're fucking it up for everyone else.

I'm agnostic, not atheist. With so many competing variants of the fairytales, I've settled on my ignorance as a baseline.
Blahhhhhh...

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview