Replies: 7025
Total votes: : 3

Last post: May 07, 2024, 01:28:44 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

The Plight Of Working Food Service

Started by Kingoffrogs, March 30, 2024, 07:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thiel

Quote from: JOE on March 31, 2024, 05:01:38 PMNo, not just Service Workers T  , but garbage men, sewage workers, people who clean our streets, etc etc.

But of course, you look down upon them, thinking that the foundations of your existence are completely independent of their efforts.

You're about the only person I know who derives joy from profiting from Pandemics while others are putting their lives to protect us and you Prowler.

You profiteering bastard.
Jo Jo you are as silly as you are beautiful. :s_laugh:
gay, conservative and proud

Thiel

QuoteQuote from: JOE on Today at 12:57:07 PM
Actually I respect these workers and especially the 7-11 I go to every day because we wouldn't have a place to go to for our special coffees or food.

These workers are badly needed to keep our society going.
Otherwise it will collapse.

Honeybunch, the world will not collapse if you have nobody to hand your twoonie to at 7-11 for a cup of coffee. Those kinds of jobs are the easiest jobs to replace with automation. There are places in the world that already have gone fully automated for unskiled jobs like that.

I'll take you to one of them and you will see you can still enjoy a cuppa by inserting the money in a machine rather than handing it to an immigrant worker at 7-11.
gay, conservative and proud

Herman

Kingoffrogs

Quote from: JOE on March 31, 2024, 12:57:07 PMActually I respect these workers and especially the 7-11 I go to every day because we wouldn't have a place to go to for our special coffees or food.

These workers are badly needed to keep our society going.
Otherwise it will collapse.

Minimum Wage is about $12 US ($16 Canadian) per hour where I live.

What is the minimum wage in your state, Kingoffrogs?
I'm in illinois, so it is 14$/hr but will be 15$/hr next year.

Herman

Quote from: Kingoffrogs on April 01, 2024, 11:15:48 AMI'm in illinois, so it is 14$/hr but will be 15$/hr next year.
Brother, get some new skills and a new industry.