Replies: 7544
Total votes: : 3

Last post: May 31, 2024, 11:30:28 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Parents of Michigan school shooter sentenced to 10-15 years in prison

Started by Oliver the Second, April 09, 2024, 08:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliver the Second

The mother and father of a Michigan teen who shot and killed four classmates were each sentenced to between 10 and 15 years in prison on Tuesday after a jury convicted them of manslaughter in a rare case of parents being held responsible in a school shooting.

Jennifer and James Crumbley, Ethan Crumbley's parents, were sentenced immediately after several parents of the victims gave emotional statements in an Oakland County courtroom in Pontiac, Michigan.

"Not only did your son kill my daughter, but you both did as well," Nicole Beausoleil, 17-year-old Madisyn Baldwin's mother, told the court as she wept. James Crumbley sat impassively while his wife, Jennifer, hung her head.

Their son was 15 at the time of the shooting at Oxford High School in 2021, in which four students were killed and six other students and a teacher were wounded. Ethan pleaded guilty the following year to four counts of first-degree murder and other charges, and was sentenced to life in prison without parole in December.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/parents-michigan-school-shooter-be-sentenced-rare-us-case-2024-04-09/

Thiel

Quote from: Oliver the Second on April 09, 2024, 08:42:06 PM

The mother and father of a Michigan teen who shot and killed four classmates were each sentenced to between 10 and 15 years in prison on Tuesday after a jury convicted them of manslaughter in a rare case of parents being held responsible in a school shooting.

Jennifer and James Crumbley, Ethan Crumbley's parents, were sentenced immediately after several parents of the victims gave emotional statements in an Oakland County courtroom in Pontiac, Michigan.

"Not only did your son kill my daughter, but you both did as well," Nicole Beausoleil, 17-year-old Madisyn Baldwin's mother, told the court as she wept. James Crumbley sat impassively while his wife, Jennifer, hung her head.

Their son was 15 at the time of the shooting at Oxford High School in 2021, in which four students were killed and six other students and a teacher were wounded. Ethan pleaded guilty the following year to four counts of first-degree murder and other charges, and was sentenced to life in prison without parole in December.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/parents-michigan-school-shooter-be-sentenced-rare-us-case-2024-04-09/
Their lawyer has probably already filed an appeal.
Agree Agree x 1 View List
gay, conservative and proud

Oerdin

They should because they are different people and simply owning a gun in a house which someone else steals is hardly a crime.

Biggie Smiles

The appeal will go no where

they are making an example out of these people to show American's that they dare not own guns.

I really didn't follow this case tho... where they really criminally negligent  in their storage of firearms to justify this action against them?

Dove

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on April 10, 2024, 05:02:13 PMThe appeal will go no where

they are making an example out of these people to show American's that they dare not own guns.

I really didn't follow this case tho... where they really criminally negligent  in their storage of firearms to justify this action against them?

They were absolutely negligent. They bought that gun for him and he was able to just have it.

He posed with it on his Instagram.

He had a countdown to the shooting. The kid was very disturbed....parents did nothing.

I definately agree with charging and convicting them.

Read the case....you'd agree as well.
Agree Agree x 1 Winner Winner x 1 View List
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Dove on April 10, 2024, 05:17:24 PMThey were absolutely negligent. They bought that gun for him and he was able to just have it.

He posed with it on his Instagram.

He had a countdown to the shooting. The kid was very disturbed....parents did nothing.

I definately agree with charging and convicting them.

Read the case....you'd agree as well.

based on what you said, and if it is entirely accurate (which I have no reason to doubt you) then yeah, they are where they should be

just like Derrick Chauvin is where he should be.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Dove

Quote from: Oerdin on April 10, 2024, 04:42:54 PMThey should because they are different people and simply owning a gun in a house which someone else steals is hardly a crime.

No they purchased the gun for him and just let him have unfettered access....knowing the kid had untreated behavioral issues.

They deserve this.
Winner Winner x 1 View List

Dove

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on April 10, 2024, 05:18:51 PMbased on what you said, and if it is entirely accurate (which I have no reason to doubt you) then yeah, they are where they should be

just like Derrick Chauvin is where he should be.

I disagree about Chauvin though lol

Did something new come out? The last I knew about that it was established Floyd died from drugs.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Dove on April 10, 2024, 05:20:19 PMI disagree about Chauvin though lol

Did something new come out? The last I knew about that it was established Floyd died from drugs.
Oh come on now

You don't buy some bullshit toxicology report do you? those drugs were probably built up in his system for YEARS prior to his murder. THe dude more than likely consumed that many drugs or even more on any given day of the week. Dozens if not hundreds of times. That's what addicts do.

and he was just fine going about his business until the body weight of another human being placed center mass dead on his neck was slowly suffocating him for 9 minutes straight.  At a minimum that action cause a chain reaction in his body that lead to his death.

Onlookers TOLD chauvin the guy was under duress. THe guy was telling chauvin himself he was under duress -- he fucking pissed on himself for crying out loud.

Nah, I dont give a shit if he had enough drugs in him to kill a god damn Nephilim -- chauvin, at a minimum, assisted in flyod's death and is therefore guilty of murder.

Oerdin

He had lethal amounts of drugs in his system and the film shows him swallowing his drug baggy.  Which he had done twice before.  He does of a drug overdose, period.

Biggie Smiles

So if I kneel on someone's neck for 9 minutes and that person has a history of asthma and that person dies are we going to split hairs over whether it was technically the asthma that killed him or the fact that I am pressing down my entire fucking body weight on his air passage for 9 minutes? Thus, more than likely, starting an entire host of possible chain reactions in their body which ultimately lead to the gravest outcome.

if you're going to sit there and tell me that an avid drug user who has done this several times before and lived to tell the tails suddenly dies this time around because it's the 3rd is a charm effect or some other random silliness and it has NOTHING to do with the strain placed upon his body having 150 pounds bearing down directly on an air passage - restricting it -- considerably! For 9 fucking minutes!  then I don't know what to tell you. Believe whatever the right wing media tells you to believe

I dont buy it. Chauvin was told repeatedly that the man was suffering. the man can be heard practically begging. He had no less than 3 other police officers around him and Floyd was cuffed. The man was a very and I mean VERY reduced threat at that point and could have been afforded the basic human courtesy of being placed on his side to further allow for better breathing. Any decent human being with so much as an ounce of empathy would have done just that.

Instead he callously ignores Floyd's and the onlookers pleas to simply give this man air. Isn't that what is yelled out when someone faints or has a bad accident and there around crowds around them? Give them air? How much air do you think George was getting face down, arms behind his back with a Goddman 150 pound object placed squarely on his neck?

Therefore, I don't give the first fuck if he snorted napalm out of god damn garbage bag right before the incident. Chauvin is guilty of manslaughter. Not first or second degree murder as BLM and the other race hustlers wanted but certainly manslaughter

To allow Chuavin to walk a free man after witnessing THAT would have been a travesty of justice which would have proved positive everything the race hustlers try to platform on.

Nope. Jury got it 100% right on this one and he is exactly where he belongs. 

Lokmar

The parents were negligent and should be in prison for at least a decade. First off, you dont buy a pistol for a kid IMO. You start with a .22 rifle and a bunch of training. They have to demonstrate the ability to be safe and never fuck around with a gun. This shitstain was fantasizing about killing people, something which should have disqualified him from being around guns even with parental supervision. The coup de grace with these parents though is had they taken the asshole kid home when the school called them about his demonic inspired drawings, those dead kids would be alive. When the parents discovered the pistol missing, they should have called the school AND the cops immediately! Instead, they were all about the CYA. They are guilty of negligent homicide for certain.
Winner Winner x 1 View List

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on April 10, 2024, 08:44:07 PMThe parents were negligent and should be in prison for at least a decade. First off, you dont buy a pistol for a kid IMO. You start with a .22 rifle and a bunch of training. They have to demonstrate the ability to be safe and never fuck around with a gun. This shitstain was fantasizing about killing people, something which should have disqualified him from being around guns even with parental supervision. The coup de grace with these parents though is had they taken the asshole kid home when the school called them about his demonic inspired drawings, those dead kids would be alive. When the parents discovered the pistol missing, they should have called the school AND the cops immediately! Instead, they were all about the CYA. They are guilty of negligent homicide for certain.

The Kid was mentally I'll & should have in no way been near or close to guns of any kind....Lokmeer! This was the same kind of situation as the Connecticut shooter who was a mentally I'll teenager who let him have access to her guns.

In many countries there are gun restrictions placed on the mentally ill. Switzerland does not allow them to own firearms and their murder rate is a fraction of the USA & Canada. Switzerland also has a thriving gun culture with more guns per capita than Canada.

Dove

Quote from: Lokmar on April 10, 2024, 08:44:07 PMThe parents were negligent and should be in prison for at least a decade. First off, you dont buy a pistol for a kid IMO. You start with a .22 rifle and a bunch of training. They have to demonstrate the ability to be safe and never fuck around with a gun. This shitstain was fantasizing about killing people, something which should have disqualified him from being around guns even with parental supervision. The coup de grace with these parents though is had they taken the asshole kid home when the school called them about his demonic inspired drawings, those dead kids would be alive. When the parents discovered the pistol missing, they should have called the school AND the cops immediately! Instead, they were all about the CYA. They are guilty of negligent homicide for certain.

It's against gun regulations (ones that I don't even support but you get my point) for a kid that age to even have that gun. They bought it and gave it to him illegally.

Kid had NO training. No education with firearm safety...nothing.

I let my daughters shoot guns they cannot legally own. They were always with a competent adult and they are trained.  My oldest is ready to get her concealed carry permit. She's more competent with a gun that many people double her age.

And she will be working and commuting in a rough part of the state.

Dumbfuck parents like this end up getting kids killed and just giving more retarded anti gun arguments to people who already want to further strip our 2A rights.

Fuck them. Fuck them right up their inbred retarded assholes and keep on fucking them. I hope they enjoy their prison time and I hope it's not too late for that kid to get the psych care he clearly needs to be a contributing member of society.

Dove

Quote from: JOE on April 11, 2024, 12:43:33 AMThe Kid was mentally I'll & should have in no way been near or close to guns of any kind....Lokmeer! This was the same kind of situation as the Connecticut shooter who was a mentally I'll teenager who let him have access to her guns.

In many countries there are gun restrictions placed on the mentally ill. Switzerland does not allow them to own firearms and their murder rate is a fraction of the USA & Canada. Switzerland also has a thriving gun culture with more guns per capita than Canada.

The kid was given the gun illegally.

We DO have laws and regulations. The only ones who mind them are law abiding citizens, Joe.

It's not legal to just start shooting people, does that ever stop shooters? Why would gun laws stop them?

"Well I had no problem breaking the law to gun down a classroom of my peers....but I just can't bring myself to break gun regulation laws!"

See how nutty that is?

Gun laws don't bother people like that kid and his family. Laws didn't stop THEM.  Laws stop families like MINE who respect the law. So it would just further disarm US. Not ant shooters. 

If that wacko can bring a gun to school to harm and kill...MY daughters should be able to have one too so they can defend themselves. It's not legally for a teen to bring a gun to school though....so guess which one WONT have a gun? My daughter. Who respects the law. That psycho pre pubescent Micheal Myers will still bring his and be able to just pick off classmates without a single fear of return fire. Is that fair?