The best topic

Replies: 7374
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:29:59 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by formosan

Hey DIsney -- what if someone identifies as a person with disabilities?

Started by Biggie Smiles, April 13, 2024, 09:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggie Smiles

Aren't you required by the tenets of wokism stupidity to honor whatever a person says and feels they are?

Or does the buck stop as soon as adherence to such foolish stupidity starts to affect your bottom line

*spits -- hypocrites

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/disney-parks-issue-lifetime-bans-people-lie-disabilities

JOE

Disney has always been known for its overcontrolling fascistic tendencies towards its employees & customers avatar_Biggie Smiles igly

I've often heard that a visit any Disneyland is like a trip to a concentration camp, eh?

And this was long before it went 'woke'.

Unca Walt wasn't the wholesome guy off screen as he was portrayed on camera.

...nice illusion tho'.

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on April 13, 2024, 09:36:23 PMDisney has always been known for its overcontrolling fascistic tendencies towards its employees & customers avatar_Biggie Smiles igly

I've often heard that a visit any Disneyland is like a trip to a concentration camp, eh?

And this was long before it went 'woke'.

Unca Walt wasn't the wholesome guy off screen as he was portrayed on camera.

...nice illusion tho'.

josephine, as usual, you dont know WTF you're talking about. Being born in SoCal, I went there shitloads of times when I was little. It was great. Nothing like the mongoloid shitshow it is today.

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on April 13, 2024, 09:56:08 PMjosephine, as usual, you dont know WTF you're talking about. Being born in SoCal, I went there shitloads of times when I was little. It was great. Nothing like the mongoloid shitshow it is today.

and yet, Walt wasn't a very nice Guy in Real Life L okmeer.

Snitched on people, even destroyed his best friends in Business.

Unca Walt was an Extremely Ruthless Businessman.

Even his daughter said he was an A-Hole

He stepped on a lotta people to provide you with those happy memories...Lokmeer!

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on April 13, 2024, 10:06:17 PMand yet, Walt wasn't a very nice Guy in Real Life L okmeer.

Snitched on people, even destroyed his best friends in Business.

Unca Walt was an Extremely Ruthless Businessman.

Even his daughter said he was an A-Hole

He stepped on a lotta people to provide you with those happy memories...Lokmeer!

Sorry dickhead, you said he was that way to his customers and both my parents, all my grandparents, my cousins, as well as myself experienced a lot of great times at Disneyland.

Like I said, STFU about things you have no direct knowledge of when in the presence of your superiors.

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on April 13, 2024, 10:35:09 PMSorry dickhead, you said he was that way to his customers and both my parents, all my grandparents, my cousins, as well as myself experienced a lot of great times at Disneyland.

Like I said, STFU about things you have no direct knowledge of when in the presence of your superiors.

Actually L okmeer, I sometimes collect Disneyana if that makes ya happy.

If I see a good deal in an auction selling way below cost, I'll buy it.

I bought some pieces from their auctions - original art.

Ya see Lokmeer, ya caint beat that, cuz if it's One of Kind, there's no more produced after that.

It's not even a reproduction but the Originals.

That's the same idea along the lines as as buying an original Picasso or Da Vinci drawing, eh?

So I figger some of those pieces might go up in value, particularly if they are made and signed by the Original Artist, eh? If that Artist becomes better known then the value should increase accordingly, hence a potentially high re-sale value.

Anyways, I'll post some pics of what I bought, make ya savor yer childhood memories...Lokmeer!

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on April 13, 2024, 10:48:35 PMActually L okmeer, I sometimes collect Disneyana if that makes ya happy.

If I see a good deal in an auction selling way below cost, I'll buy it.

I bought some pieces from their auctions - original art.

Ya see Lokmeer, ya caint beat that, cuz if it's One of Kind, there's no more produced after that.

NONE of that has anything to do with your accusation about the way Walt treated his customers

Oliver the Second

Quote from: Lokmar on April 13, 2024, 09:56:08 PMBeing born in SoCal, I went there shitloads of times when I was little. It was great.

Same here, went there all the time when I was a kid. I loved that big tree you would climb up in, the tunnels from Tom Sawyer Island to that fort in Frontierland, but most of all I loved riding the skyway to Tomorrowland for Monsanto's Adventure Thru Inner Space...

Winner Winner x 1 View List

Oliver the Second

Quote from: JOE on April 13, 2024, 10:48:35 PMYa see Lokmeer, ya caint beat that, cuz if it's One of Kind, there's no more produced after that.

It's not even a reproduction but the Originals.

Funny we're talking about Disneyland as that reminds me of one particular trip... I guess I was about 12 years old and I went into a gift shop on main street... one of my favorite things to get were slide sets of Disneyland that you would view on your slide projector at home (oh god I'm old)... anyway they had a barrel there with things in it that looked like slides but were much larger... I asked what they were and the lady said "Oh those are original animation frames that were used in the production of several Disney films, they're selling for a dollar each". I looked through them and saw frames from Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty but didn't buy any because I thought "Nah they won't fit in my projector so I can't look at them".

Sure wish I had those originals now.

Agree Agree x 1 View List

Lokmar

Quote from: Oliver the Second on April 13, 2024, 11:58:27 PMFunny we're talking about Disneyland as that reminds me of one particular trip... I guess I was about 12 years old and I went into a gift shop on main street... one of my favorite things to get were slide sets of Disneyland that you would view on your slide projector at home (oh god I'm old)... anyway they had a barrel there with things in it that looked like slides but were much larger... I asked what they were and the lady said "Oh those are original animation frames that were used in the production of several Disney films, they're selling for a dollar each". I looked through them and saw frames from Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty but didn't buy any because I thought "Nah they won't fit im my projector so I can't look at them".

My favorite thing there was getting a mint julep. They dont have them at Disney World.

The rides at Disneyland blow Disney Worlds Magic Kingdom out of the water. Even at 50+, I still like Mr. Toad, Alice In Wonderland, Peter Pan, Etc. We used to watch the craftsmen make stuff out of glass and that was cool. I also loved Inner Space. I wish they would have kept it and got rid of the carousel of progress! The tea cups in Cali are better IMO. They still have Fort Wilderness operating in Florida but they closed the one in Cali down because the real wood timbers decayed. I like Indiana Jones at Disneyland. They have a similar land at Animal Kingdom Florida but its based off time travel and the dinosaurs dying by a comet... Not as good.

The Haunted Mansion is way better in Cali IMO or maybe its because I got ingrained to it in my childhood. You actually get on an elevator. In Florida, you dont. The Pirates Ride is 2X better in Cali. Right off the bat, you get the view of the Blue Bayou Restaurant and there's 2 drops plus the ride overall is a bit longer. When I was a kid, we got stuck on the incline going back up and had to disembark. AWESOME.

The biggest fail at Disneyland is not bringing back the People Mover after they got rid of the Rocket Rods. They still have the People Mover in Florida and its the best! Nothing like a long ride, sitting down to relax after walking your ass off!

caskur

Quote from: JOE on April 13, 2024, 10:48:35 PMActually L

That's the same idea along the lines as as buying an original Picasso or Da Vinci drawing, eh?

The first piece is called a masterpiece.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on April 13, 2024, 11:31:27 PMNONE of that has anything to do with your accusation about the way Walt treated his customers

Really, eh L okmeer?!

Not according to this clip:

JOE

Quote from: Oliver the Second on April 13, 2024, 11:58:27 PMFunny we're talking about Disneyland as that reminds me of one particular trip... I guess I was about 12 years old and I went into a gift shop on main street... one of my favorite things to get were slide sets of Disneyland that you would view on your slide projector at home (oh god I'm old)... anyway they had a barrel there with things in it that looked like slides but were much larger... I asked what they were and the lady said "Oh those are original animation frames that were used in the production of several Disney films, they're selling for a dollar each". I looked through them and saw frames from Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty but didn't buy any because I thought "Nah they won't fit im my projector so I can't look at them".

I bought a couple of 'em in an auction O llie.

I think for about $150 each.

...and this was the cartoon it apeared in about 4:00 into the video:

I don't know if they were a good buy or not. It wasn't even the original backgrounds images.

Just thought what the heck.

Don't think I'll buy too many of them tho.

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on April 14, 2024, 05:26:45 AMReally, eh L okmeer?!

Not according to this clip:

I know you're kinda stupid but I sure hope you arent THAT stupid!!!!!

Brent

Quote from: Lokmar on April 14, 2024, 01:56:34 PMI know you're kinda stupid but I sure hope you arent THAT stupid!!!!!
He is a an asshole begging for attention. And you give him what he wants.

Most people ignore Joe and so should you.