News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 6955
Total votes: : 3

Last post: May 03, 2024, 08:42:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

Just another day in paradise eh libturds?

Started by Biggie Smiles, April 15, 2024, 02:08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 24 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

DKG

Quote from: Frood on April 25, 2024, 09:20:02 AMI'm not lying on this or anything else.

I've experienced healthcare/hospital visits in many nations and Australia has repeatedly been the worst.

Smoke some Copium.
I can't give an opinion about health care delivery in Australia. But, only the US ranks lower than Canada among peer countries for health care.

New report highlights Canada's low health-care ranking among peer countries
https://www.fraserinstitute.org/article/new-report-highlights-canadas-low-health-care-ranking-among-peer-countries

caskur

You bullshit too much.

You must make up the 15% of ungrateful cunts..... quit feeling sorry for yourself... it's unattractive.

Results for Australia

Australian
People also ask
Is healthcare free in Australia?
Is Australia's healthcare system good?
The vast majority of Australians (about 85%) rate their health as good or very good, with Australia performing better on this metric than most other similar countries. Often good health is conflated with good healthcare, and the data show that Australia also has more doctors per head than other countries.1 Dec 2023
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

DKG

caskur

Quote from: DKG on April 25, 2024, 09:34:20 AMWhat did I write do you consider bullshit and why?

I was answering Az not you. You got between our posts. I will look at your post now.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

I have to turn off this phone so I will write a post about how our Medicare is costed.

I am going to use an example based on a person earning 100,000 a year.

The Medicare levy is 3%. As I said before every tax payer has to pay it and this is how it's done.

At the end of the year when you do your tax returns and your accountant says you will get back $5000 you get that back except for your 3% levy on your $100,000...

So your tax refund would look like this

5,000 refund

Less - 3,000 Medicare levy

Total refund 2,000

That is simplifying it.

People earn $25,000 to millions... you still have to pay the 3% levy.

When it started back in the 1970s it was only 1 % and 50 years later it's now 3%

If it's not run like I have just made it, then you aren't doing Medicare right so I suggest reformation and I don't want to hear anymore bellyaching about it.

As for Az he didn't have to pay for as much as he did and dental work isn't covered by Medicare... we have an auxiliary hospital benefit scheme that covers over dental costs in our household.

- Andy Warhol

DKG

Quote from: caskur on April 25, 2024, 10:10:03 AMI have to turn off this phone so I will write a post about how our Medicare is costed.

I am going to use an example based on a person earning 100,000 a year.

The Medicare levy is 3%. As I said before every tax payer has to pay it and this is how it's done.

At the end of the year when you do your tax returns and your accountant says you will get back $5000 you get that back except for your 3% levy on your $100,000...

So your tax refund would look like this

5,000 refund

Less - 3,000 Medicare levy

Total refund 2,000

That is simplifying it.

People earn $25,000 to millions... you still have to pay the 3% levy.

When it started back in the 1970s it was only 1 % and 50 years later it's now 3%

If it's not run like I have just made it, then you aren't doing Medicare right so I suggest reformation and I don't want to hear anymore bellyaching about it.

As for Az he didn't have to pay for as much as he did and dental work isn't covered by Medicare... we have an auxiliary hospital benefit scheme that covers over dental costs in our household.
So, high income earners subsidize low income earners. Three percent of 500,000 is a lot more than three percent of 40,000.

If they raised the levy three hundred percent, it is obvious your health care system is dealing with rapidly increasing costs like ours is.

Lokmar

Quote from: caskur on April 25, 2024, 06:27:01 AMTax payers pay for Medicare.

It's compulsory in my country. It's a 3% levy on your income.

Our system is the fairest on the planet and very well run.

All visiting Americans that come here are gobsmacked.

Of course if they intend (which they do) on taking in 1 million refugees then we might have a problem.

Its compulsory here too, just like SSI.

Here, deadbeats are overwhelming the system because we let everyone in, they dont work, they dont contribute, then they get care, and then everyone who DID pay in has to wait in long lines or have care delayed.

All of this continues to get worse.

With SSI, everyone pays in, the same payouts happen for deadbeats, then eventually benefits for people that payed in suffer.

I say get rid of all safety nets and let fuckers starve. I dont owe them jack or shit.

If I had $9000/yr from SSI for my own retirement, I'd be retired right fukin NOW!

horse sense

Quote from: DKG on April 25, 2024, 10:18:24 AMSo, high income earners subsidize low income earners. Three percent of 500,000 is a lot more than three percent of 40,000.
It used to be 2%. Then there was a year where some pretty significant floods happened in the state of Queensland.

I remember when it happened. Overnight the cost of produce shot up (a 75 cent banana one day costing 15 dollars the next) as crops were inundated and supply chains disrupted. To be clear, floods are not uncommon on the eastern coast and you would be forgiven for thinking that a people used to dealing with them on a semi regular basis would have systems in place for dealing with them.

The Australian government of the day immediately swung into action, promising government financial support for those most affected. And just as they have done before and since, they increased the tax on the Australian populace, in this case by upping the Medicare rate from 2 to 3% to pay for it.

You heard me correctly. They upped the Medicare levy 1% for the explicit purpose of appropriating the funds for disaster relief. Openly and brazenly, making no secret of it. And I don't remember hearing a single squawk of indignation in the entire affair. Governments in that neck of the woods have been getting away with shenanigans like that for so long that the average dumbass Aussie thinks it's standard operating procedure. Government needs a few extra quid? No problem, they'll just extort it from the voter base as a "temporary" measure and count on the public to forget about any "sunset clause" they might care to make. If they bother to promise one at all that is. You might remember the hard time I gave you about Ron DeSantis's plans for a consumption tax to replace the US income tax; well Australia did that years ago, only they never bothered to repeal the income tax. Effectively taxing the Australian citizenry twice, something explicitly forbidden under the Australian constitution.

I'm not at all sure that whole third of the Medicare levy has found itself being put to some use. I seriously doubt it's on the Queensland flood relief, given the outright thievery I've observed politicians from both sides of the house over the years. In point of fact, I strongly suspect a lot more than just a third is being siphoned off from the healthcare taxes, given the appalling state of healthcare in Australia. Unlike Caskur, I have the direct comparison with other nations healthcare systems; Canada's system (for all its faults and failings) pisses all over the excuse the Australians are afforded.

And I know that from both anecdotal and first hand experience. The amount of stories I could tell you about shit that ought to have earned medical practitioners a fistful of malpractice suits is nothing short of mind boggling.
Informative Informative x 1 View List

caskur

Quote from: DKG on April 25, 2024, 10:18:24 AMSo, high income earners subsidize low income earners. Three percent of 500,000 is a lot more than three percent of 40,000.

If they raised the levy three hundred percent, it is obvious your health care system is dealing with rapidly increasing costs like ours is.

We treat people equally...

3% regardless of whether it's 25,000 or 500000 or a million.

The people who suffer are the ones that also have private health insurance... they still have to pay the Medicare levy.

Usually people like doctors and nurses and possibly teachers.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: Lokmar on April 25, 2024, 11:20:16 AMIts compulsory here too, just like SSI.

Here, deadbeats are overwhelming the system because we let everyone in, they dont work, they dont contribute, then they get care, and then everyone who DID pay in has to wait in long lines or have care delayed.

All of this continues to get worse.

Nothing boils my blood more than illegal immigrants being put before citizens....nothing

Quote from: Lokmar on April 25, 2024, 11:20:16 AMWith SSI, everyone pays in, the same payouts happen for deadbeats, then eventually benefits for people that payed in suffer.

What is SSI?

Quote from: Lokmar on April 25, 2024, 11:20:16 AMI say get rid of all safety nets and let fuckers starve. I dont owe them jack or shit.

Well that isn't going to happen and if it did your guns will be stolen and so will the contents of your fridge.

Quote from: Lokmar on April 25, 2024, 11:20:16 AMIf I had $9000/yr from SSI for my own retirement, I'd be retired right fukin NOW!

What age is retirement in your country?... ours is now 67... Kurt retired 3 years ago... I have 3 years to wait. Our retirements used to be 65 for men and 62 for women.

We have everything we need and more than I want. And worse, more to come.

- Andy Warhol

Lokmar

Quote from: caskur on April 25, 2024, 06:29:36 PMNothing boils my blood more than illegal immigrants being put before citizens....nothing

What is SSI?  Social Security Insurance i.e. national retirement

Well that isn't going to happen and if it did your guns will be stolen and so will the contents of your fridge.I dont thin so. Me and my boys would kill them all. I REALLY have a LOT of ammo!

What age is retirement in your country?... ours is now 67... Kurt retired 3 years ago... I have 3 years to wait. Our retirements used to be 65 for men and 62 for women. Its 67 here but they're talking about
raising it to 70

We have everything we need and more than I want. And worse, more to come.

See above in RED

caskur

Dum sum.... why don't you fuck off back to Canada then...take all the Americans that lobbed themselves into our health care system with you.

It was 3% not 2 % and it went up to 4% because of cyclone yasi for 1 year And the Labor PM bitch totally misused the Medicare system doing that and I found that morally reprehensibly wrong.

I am sick to death of WA CONSTANTLY BAILING OUT YOU USELESS BASTARDS in the eastern states.... all you fuckers ever do is whinge whinge whinge... you make me sick... you are so weak in the eastern states you are an embarrassment. Fucking die already.

- Andy Warhol

caskur

L yeah they are going to raise it here too...

I notice that Australia copies ideas from America..... a lot.

We are also getting boat people landing on us because of the Labor party is being weak on illegal immigrants.

I was watching a panel on youtube TalkTV and the guest speakers were all complaining about the way the UK are headed and looking for somewhere else to live and someone said Australia but they said no way, it's full of Australians but the funny thing about that is I also want to cut Australia loose and go live in the UK..   my disquiet is from watching our flora and fauna disappear under greedy development... it is so suppressive watching paradise shrink...

Then I pull myself together and count my blessings.

Informative Informative x 1 View List
- Andy Warhol

DKG

Quote from: caskur on April 25, 2024, 06:00:27 PMWe treat people equally...

3% regardless of whether it's 25,000 or 500000 or a million.

The people who suffer are the ones that also have private health insurance... they still have to pay the Medicare levy.

Usually people like doctors and nurses and possibly teachers.
How can you say one person paying $15,000/year and another paying $750/year are equal. One is subsidizing the other.

And Canada desperately needs private primary medical insurance to take the pressure off of our collapsing public health care system. It is still not allowed.

Lokmar

western governments DO NOT use social safety net money responsibly. Its just another slush fund. Its a fucking scam.

Because its a fucking scam, all that shit needs to go. Its no different than the FISA courts in America. The government abused it, cannot be trusted, so you have to throw the baby out with the bath water because freedom and liberty are far more important.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview