News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 7319
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:52:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Brent

Just another day in paradise eh libturds?

Started by Biggie Smiles, April 15, 2024, 02:08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 20 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

black friday came

Quote from: caskur on April 28, 2024, 06:41:15 AMFail maths much?

You don't pay more for a doctor's visit if you are richer than someone on half your income.
Fail comprehension much?

That sixty dollars you pay to the doctor is little more than the administrative fee the government levies. The doctor receives his cut not from you, but from the Medicare levy... that percentage of your gross earnings and the gross earnings of the rest of you apparently under-educated wombats.

If you contribute 100 dollars out of your tax to the Medicare levy while someone else pays 1000, they are contributing more to the doctor's paypacket than you. They are, in fact, subsidizing you, because it is the Medicare levy that pays the doctor's salary, not the sixty dollars government surcharge the doctor collects from you at the clinic.

Are you really that stupid that you cannot understand this basic premise? Because you're giving every indication that you are.

black friday came

Quote from: DKG on April 29, 2024, 07:18:15 AMThat's a flat fee which is how it should be, but not how Australia pays for health care according to how you explained it.

If the doctor charges 0.1 percent of a person's income than the rich person is paying a lot more than the poor person for the same service. That is totally unfair.
Well at least you understand the inequity of the Australian Medicare system. Caskur seems to be functioning on half a Fetterman on the subject... stuck on a kind of "oh no, Missus Kvetch and I pay the same amount to the lovely Doctor Ahmediminagaybar" because that's what she sees. The concept of that payment being yet another "tax" of sorts that her government uses to fund the administrative arm that reimburses the doctor from the Medicare levy just seems to get the budgies flying about her ears.

Herman

DKG

Quote from: caskur on April 29, 2024, 08:07:51 AM:Doh2:  Dr do not charge rich people more.
I never said they did, did I. I was explaining how flat fees(as doctors charge in Australia and Canada for certain services) are fair, but a percentage of income charge with no ceiling is not.

caskur

Quote from: DKG on April 30, 2024, 07:21:02 AMI never said they did, did I. I was explaining how flat fees(as doctors charge in Australia and Canada for certain services) are fair, but a percentage of income charge with no ceiling is not.

Well you'd be wrong then. 3% of every tax payers income is fair, it works and has done for 50 years.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Brent

Quote from: caskur on April 25, 2024, 06:00:27 PMWe treat people equally...

3% regardless of whether it's 25,000 or 500000 or a million.

The people who suffer are the ones that also have private health insurance... they still have to pay the Medicare levy.

Usually people like doctors and nurses and possibly teachers.
Are you really this stupid. The person that earns more pays more for the same health care under your country's system.

caskur

Quote from: Brent on April 30, 2024, 01:52:17 PMAre you really this stupid. The person that earns more pays more for the same health care under your country's system.

it could be capped. I am actually not sure (unless I go off and look it up) for instance if someone  on $200,000 pays the highest rate and everyone with a higher income thereafter pays what the $200,000 person  pays.

according to the net we in Oz have more doctors than other countries.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: Brent on April 30, 2024, 01:52:17 PMAre you really this stupid. The person that earns more pays more for the same health care under your country's system.

If you are on a very high income there are caps. I am not very interested in what they all are or what it all means but I ask Google for some information it is as I suspected, capped. We have never earned $500,000 a year so I have no need to know until this discussion came along but here is one comment by Google... if you want to research then by all means...

I have only used bulk bill doctors for the last 20 years and they don't charge anymore than they get from Medicare.

What is the cap limit for Medicare?

In 2024, the threshold for concessional individuals and families, including families that received Family Tax Benefit Part (A), is $811.80. The threshold for all other (non-concessional) individuals and families in 2024 is $2544.30.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

And further it looks like dum sum was right about the 2% not 3%... when they made it 3% to cover Queensland Cyclones that was an abuse... if they need to raise it to 3% eventually the money must go towards the service.   I have no problem with that...

People earning up to $30,000 don't have to pay the levy which I just found out and found very interesting. Up until Kurt retired we always had to pay the levy.

Does everyone pay the 2% Medicare levy?
Everyone who earns more than $29,033 in the most recent tax year is required to pay a 2% Medicare levy. There are a few limited exceptions to this.12 Jan 2023

* looks like I owe dipshit Dum Sum an apology for calling him a liar... he got one right for a change.

Sorry dum sum you hairy hippy faggot.
- Andy Warhol

Thiel

That is a scoialist's version of fairness. The more you make, the more you pay. But, you don't receive more.

If public health care wanted to be more fair they would get rid of the 3 percent and charge high risk people more. That would also incentivize smokers and the obese to get healthy.
Agree Agree x 1 View List
gay, conservative and proud

Herman

Quote from: Thiel on April 30, 2024, 10:05:15 PMThat is a scoialist's version of fairness. The more you make, the more you pay. But, you don't receive more.

If public health care wanted to be more fair they would get rid of the 3 percent and charge high risk people more. That would also incentivize smokers and the obese to get healthy.
What about older folks and people with pre existing conditions? Charge them more?

Lokmar

DKG

Quote from: caskur on April 30, 2024, 10:39:37 AMWell you'd be wrong then. 3% of every tax payers income is fair, it works and has done for 50 years.
How on earth is one person perhaps paying several times more than another person for the same medical services not the polar opposite of fairness?

DKG

Quote from: Thiel on April 30, 2024, 10:05:15 PMThat is a scoialist's version of fairness. The more you make, the more you pay. But, you don't receive more.

In some ways, our health care is funded not that much differently. Unlike Australia, health care funding comes out of general revenue. Since we have "progressive taxation" in Canada, the more you earn, the more you pay. So indirectly, high earners are subsidizing those on the other end of the scale, like Australia.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

formosan

Quote from: DKG on May 01, 2024, 07:24:57 AMIn some ways, our health care is funded not that much differently. Unlike Australia, health care funding comes out of general revenue. Since we have "progressive taxation" in Canada, the more you earn, the more you pay. So indirectly, high earners are subsidizing those on the other end of the scale, like Australia.
In 2022, health care spending per person in Canada was $8563.00..

If we paid for health care the way Australia does that would mean the average Canadian earned about $270,000 per year, lol.
too old to be a fashionista

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview