Replies: 7394
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 08:43:57 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Sad news, people

Started by Garraty_47, April 16, 2024, 01:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garraty_47

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on April 16, 2024, 10:45:01 AMHe was pretty old. Right?  Had to be in the upper 80s

I know he was older than me (60 this year) but exactly how much I don't know. It didn't seem like an issue because Obi was and always would be Obi. I guess I just sort of expected he'd outlive us all.
Agree Agree x 2 View List

deport_liberals

DKG

Quote from: Frood on April 16, 2024, 04:55:03 AMSeems like it was... but he was model message board mod material and was good at squirming into the positions, yet doing a great mod job with them.

I believe he was from Texas or near-abouts. Obi was the voice of reason even if nobody listened to him at all...  :crampe:
He usually posted in the music thread. Maybe he just wanted to get to know Priscilla.

I didn't know your friend, but RIP to TWAP.

caskur

Quote from: Garraty_47 on April 16, 2024, 01:24:23 AMHugh aka Obiwannosi passed away on the 15th.

He'd been ill for a while and although it was sooner than they'd hoped he went peacefully.

I don't have any info on final arrangements or the like.

End of an era, truly.

I was thinking of him a few days ago interestingly enough.... I most likely picked up his death intuitively.

Thank you for telling us Vitty..

RIP Obi aka TWaP

:cowboysmile:

"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Aylana

Funny Funny x 1 Love Love x 4 View List

caskur

Quote from: Frood on April 16, 2024, 04:55:03 AMSeems like it was... but he was model message board mod material and was good at squirming into the positions, yet doing a great mod job with them.

I believe he was from Texas or near-abouts. Obi was the voice of reason even if nobody listened to him at all...  :crampe:

He was from Colorado.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on April 16, 2024, 10:45:01 AMHe was pretty old. Right?  Had to be in the upper 80s

He would have been early 80s I remember his 75 th birthday... I am thinking 81 or 82....
- Andy Warhol

Moonie

Quote from: Garraty_47 on April 16, 2024, 10:42:20 AMYes Obi was also sometimes known as The Wise and Powerful (I got way too much amusement from calling him ThWAP).

He was from Colorado; the Denver area if I'm not mistaken.

Yes he would send me pics from there.  He was mad I never visited there.  I told him I've been to Vegas lol he says that does not count.  Oh we laughed.  He was the best.  I still have the messages.  :cry:
Love Love x 2 View List

caskur

OBI took much interest in my photographing fireworks. As a child he was poor and they missed out on fireworks on Guy Fawks night.

These are for him.

Agree Agree x 2 Winner Winner x 1 Love Love x 3 View List
- Andy Warhol

Erica Mena

Cathy, it's like we are amongst the last ones left.
Agree Agree x 1 View List
<t></t>

caskur

Quote from: Erica Mena on April 16, 2024, 12:17:34 PMCathy, it's like we are amongst the last ones left.

Vitty and Poppy were here too... probably a bit longer than us..

I think AW was good friends with Obi.
- Andy Warhol

Biggie Smiles

How long will it be before the pale whale is fronting like she was bestie bestie with TWAP just to get attention for her fake crocodile tears?

Like she did with Monster.

meanwhile, she was swooning all over poofer when he said some of the most horrendous things imaginable about the guy's late wife? And, was busy behind the scenes encouraging me to approve Oak's registration at Moby's Manatee Pit part 1 just so she could watch TWAP flip out in real time?

And yeah, he did flip out and left the board immediately once it happened. The guy was a great judge of character. I didn't realize it at the time tho.

Rest in peace you old git.
Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

Erica Mena

Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 2 View List
<t></t>

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: caskur on April 16, 2024, 12:11:21 PMOBI took much interest in my photographing fireworks. As a child he was poor and they missed out on fireworks on Guy Fawks night.

These are for him.

When I see cats I usually think of him. The guy really loved some cats

I used to have a lot of cats myself. 6 at one time earlier in life. All rescues. I cannot see an animal suffering in the street and do nothing.
Love Love x 2 View List

caskur

He was a funny bloke that morphed himself between being an arsehole and being nice but we won't talk about his bad self...

His major talent and irreplaceable talent was match promotions and keeping time and records on our matches.... and we would still have all that if it wasn't for the pricks from BRAWL Hall ruining Cosmic Outpost.

- Andy Warhol