The best topic

Replies: 6950
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 12:22:04 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by formosan

Isn't just a wonderful thing libtards have done? Raising the minimum wage of fast food workers to 20 bucks an hour?

Started by Biggie Smiles, April 17, 2024, 08:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 8 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Moonie

Quote from: Frood on April 18, 2024, 10:33:13 AMI worked full time before,during, and after a year of university in my late teens. Then spent 18 years working in my chosen fields.

In the end, I got 4 degrees given to me for time served/experience that were paid for by my employer and only took a few weeks of evidence collection/interviews/and testimonials from bosses/coworkers.

I was literally better at my job than the assessors with degrees tasked to rate me in my job and I had a position far superior than anything they had ever possessed in their limited careers.

I had even single handedly yet accidentally passed my corporation on a PwC audit back when PwC audits still meant something.

It came down to adherence to methodology and experience from the floor up.

I will strongly insist my youngest pick a trade or tailored short courses when she becomes an adult in 6 years time.

But that may not even be necessary because she's totally unjabbed for anything and just the fact that she's not going to die suddenly and has all her wits about her means the world is her oyster, should the world not Armageddon itself in the meantime.

I agree with you.  I suggested as of recent for her to think about going back and get her nursing or xray technology certification something because this world is evolving and things are changing.  She's thinking about it. 
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Moonie

Frood

Quote from: Moonie on April 18, 2024, 10:41:54 AMI agree with you.  I suggested as of recent for her to think about going back and get her nursing or xray technology certification something because this world is evolving and things are changing.  She's thinking about it.

Or even take her passion for makeup/hair/whatever and work for herself.... passion is nine tenths of success, assuming you have the drive to keep getting up when you get knocked down.
Blahhhhhh...

Moonie

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on April 18, 2024, 10:32:47 AMUnbelievable

a 12 month study in cybersecurity will land you a job making 65K to start. Bare minimum

Wow.  That's amazing.  I don't see that or my kids haven't mentioned it.  Isn't that like an engineer degree. My nephews are doing that. But that's like a fort four year degree.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: DKG on April 18, 2024, 10:39:33 AMIf money is a priority, do not choose social work.
Didn't blurt the jerk work in some homeless shelter trying to convince bums not to piss on his leg for next to minimum wage?

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Moonie on April 18, 2024, 10:47:19 AMWow.  That's amazing.  I don't see that or my kids haven't mentioned it.  Isn't that like an engineer degree. My nephews are doing that. But that's like a fort four year degree.
you don't need a 4 year degree

just a targeted program which teaches you the essentials of the field

Cloud security And Penetration testing are very hot and lend themselves very well to remote work which broadens the potential hiring probabilities
Agree Agree x 1 Love Love x 1 View List

Moonie

Quote from: Frood on April 18, 2024, 10:45:17 AMOr even take her passion for makeup/hair/whatever and work for herself.... passion is nine tenths of success, assuming you have the drive to keep getting up when you get knocked down.

She's doing really awesome with it.  The thing is it's not consistent because wedding season is certain times a year.  The tax guy said her first year she gross $78 thousand on her own.  It's pretty exciting. She wants like mon-fri for benefits she is gonna be off mine she turns 26 this year.

Frood

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on April 18, 2024, 10:48:25 AMDidn't blurt the jerk work in some homeless shelter trying to convince bums not to piss on his leg for next to minimum wage?

Blurt is okay. What he says online is no real indication of his life or motives offline.

He does have a preoccupation with doing his part for humanity and while I think it's mostly misguided, his heart is in it.
Blahhhhhh...

Moonie

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on April 18, 2024, 10:50:07 AMyou don't need a 4 year degree

just a targeted program which teaches you the essentials of the field

Cloud security And Penetration testing are very hot and lend themselves very well to remote work which broadens the potential hiring probabilities
. Thank you will look into this.

Frood

Quote from: Moonie on April 18, 2024, 10:51:07 AMShe's doing really awesome with it.  The thing is it's not consistent because wedding season is certain times a year.  The tax guy said her first year she gross $78 thousand on her own.  It's pretty exciting. She wants like mon-fri for benefits she is gonna be off mine she turns 26 this year.

She needs a side hustle to tide her over until everything is go go go...

I've tried explaining what a side hustle would deliver for some millennials I know but they mostly roll their eyes at me as if to say I'm just an old guy who doesn't know shit.

Blahhhhhh...

Moonie

Quote from: Frood on April 18, 2024, 10:54:57 AMShe needs a side hustle to tide her over until everything is go go go...

I've tried explaining what a side hustle would deliver for some millennials I know but they mostly roll their eyes at me as if to say I'm just an old guy who doesn't know shit.

One thing I tried to teach my girls is to not depend on a man for anything you know.  Just to make sure they can take care of themselves in case anything happens.  She isn't dating right now either.
Agree Agree x 2 View List

formosan

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on April 18, 2024, 10:48:25 AMDidn't blurt the jerk work in some homeless shelter trying to convince bums not to piss on his leg for next to minimum wage?
He did or still does do outreach work.....I'm not sure what his role is.
too old to be a fashionista

formosan

Quote from: Moonie on April 18, 2024, 10:41:54 AMI agree with you.  I suggested as of recent for her to think about going back and get her nursing or xray technology certification something because this world is evolving and things are changing.  She's thinking about it.
My daughter is graduating from something related to health care......she has a good paying position to go to.
Agree Agree x 1 View List
too old to be a fashionista

Moonie

Quote from: formosan on April 18, 2024, 11:57:29 AMMy daughter is graduating from something related to health care......she has a good paying position to go to.

I begged her lol before going to school you know they do the opposite of what you tell them.  Haha

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview