The best topic

Replies: 6951
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 01:57:41 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Brent

Isn't just a wonderful thing libtards have done? Raising the minimum wage of fast food workers to 20 bucks an hour?

Started by Biggie Smiles, April 17, 2024, 08:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

formosan

Quote from: Moonie on April 18, 2024, 12:13:16 PMI begged her lol before going to school you know they do the opposite of what you tell them.  Haha
We paid for all of our daughter's university expenses, but it came with strings attached......it had to be a majot that would have a very good chance of well paid employment..

With our son, it was easy.....he likes working with his hands like his father......he is in an apprenceticeship program at my husband's company.
too old to be a fashionista

Lokmar

Just another reminder, with the dollar not tied to the Gold/Silver standard anymore, its value is subjected to a multitude of factors. One of the biggest influences is how many are printed.....and that is a mega ultrazord shit ton. Is $20/hr minimum wage a lot? I dont think so. My opinion is based off how many dollars I can see that have been printed in 20 years.

I asked myself this:
Whats the value of a dollar today compared to 1983 when I made $3.25/hr minimum wage? You can also ask yourself how much more money has been printed since then. If there's 6X or more dollars in circulation since 1983, $20/hr aint shit.

Lots of things in our markets are manipulated. the price of gas is artificially low, so is milk, eggs, and a shit ton of other commodities. Eventually the jig will be up and everyone will have to face reality....We're living in Weimer. If everyone gets red pilled at once? You best be prepared!!!!

Moonie

Quote from: formosan on April 18, 2024, 12:20:22 PMWe paid for all of our daughter's university expenses, but it came with strings attached......it had to be a majot that would have a very good chance of well paid employment..

With our son, it was easy.....he likes working with his hands like his father......he is in an apprenceticeship program at my husband's company.

Well the 2 oldest they do really well.  One a finance major who was president of his fraternity which opened up doors for many different areas.  He's now a freelancer for startup business but I do not really understand what he does.  :Doh2:

The other is a finance adviser.

This one is the one who wants to help and make people feel good and wants to give everything away for free  :facepalm:.  She was a tree hugger she came to her senses thank the heavens. 

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Moonie on April 18, 2024, 01:25:10 PMWell the 2 oldest they do really well.  One a finance major who was president of his fraternity which opened up doors for many different areas.  He's now a freelancer for startup business but I do not really understand what he does.  :Doh2:

Brent

Quote from: Oliver the Second on April 17, 2024, 09:31:29 PMIt's a wonderful thing for fast food kiosk manufacturers  :t2723:
In theory I support higher wages. And a few years ago, I would have been leading the choir in chanting raise the minimum wage. But, then COVID hit and prices went through the roof. Now, I just don't know.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Brent on April 18, 2024, 03:03:23 PMIn theory I support higher wages. And a few years ago, I would have been leading the choir in chanting raise the minimum wage. But, then COVID hit and prices went through the roof. Now, I just don't know.
Higher wages isn't going to solve the problem tho

let me ask you this, would you care if you were paid 5 dollar a day if those 5 dollars allowed you to live comfortably in a nice home, drive a nice car and support a family on your single income with money to spare?

People in the 40s and 50s and even 60s did just that. Things were affordable

but nowadays, especially in democrat run shitholes like california EVERYTHING is overinflated to the point where you need to make 5,000.00 a week just to live a barely decent existence.

So what difference does it make if they raise the minimum wage for fast food workers to 20.00 bucks an hour when you need to be making 100.00 bucks an hour just to be considered slightly less than poor?

This is showboating and lib service to a constituency that is too god awfully stupid to see what the real problems are and what should be done to solve them
Winner Winner x 1 View List

Brent

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on April 18, 2024, 03:09:33 PMHigher wages isn't going to solve the problem tho

let me ask you this, would you care if you were paid 5 dollar a day if those 5 dollars allowed you to live comfortably in a nice home, drive a nice car and support a family on your single income with money to spare?

People in the 40s and 50s and even 60s did just that. Things were affordable

but nowadays, especially in democrat run shitholes like california EVERYTHING is overinflated to the point where you need to make 5,000.00 a week just to live a barely decent existence.

So what difference does it make if they raise the minimum wage for fast food workers to 20.00 bucks an hour when you need to be making 100.00 bucks an hour just to be considered slightly less than poor?

This is showboating and lib service to a constituency that is too god awfully stupid to see what the real problems are and what should be done to solve them
I know when our union negotiated new contracts that our raises could make us worse off depending on the inflation rate. And I have never seen inflation as bad as it has been since COVID.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Brent on April 18, 2024, 03:18:56 PMI know when our union negotiated new contracts that our raises could make us worse off depending on the inflation rate. And I have never seen inflation as bad as it has been since COVID.
Not as much to do with COVID as it is to do with all the money printed since COVID and the Biden admin's disastrous energy policies

Brent

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on April 18, 2024, 03:20:24 PMNot as much to do with COVID as it is to do with all the money printed since COVID and the Biden admin's disastrous energy policies
I did not mean only the virus itself. I meant the response to it from governments around the world.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

horse sense

Quote from: Brent on April 18, 2024, 03:21:40 PMI did not mean only the virus itself. I meant the response to it from governments around the world.
A large part of that response is what Biggie mentioned. Printing vast quantities of money and handing them out to people that aren't producing anything equals inflated prices. Meaning each individual dollar is worth less. If the rate at which each dollar is being devalued is not matched or exceeded by an equal rate increase in the amount of money being provisioned in wages, the individual worker is less well off and the government simply showboating.

This also ties in to Lokmar's comment about us living in Weimar. Feel free to google photos of the paypackets of the average german citizen during the fall of the Weimar Republic; they were pushing their weekly pay about in wheelbarrows. It got to the point where you could sit down in a cafe for a coffee and the price of it would double before you had consumed it and got to the till to pay for it. Hyperinflation on a massive scale and raising wages only exacerbates it.

When wealth and poverty is being discussed, it is perhaps prudent to NOT measure it in terms of how many scheckels you have to your name but rather what you can do with them. You, my good man, are in a system where your wealth is being taxed every time the moneyprinters start going BRRRRRRR.

Do not advocate for minimum wage increase, it only makes an already bad situation worse. Rather, identify the worthless drains on the economy and advocate for their elimination. The money you DO have will then go further.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview