Replies: 10975
Total votes: : 5

Last post: Today at 11:14:40 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

Lokmars Whiskey/Whisky Review

Started by Lokmar, April 23, 2024, 01:15:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lokmar

One of the reviews I watched a while back said if you mix 80% Wild Turkey Single Barrel Barrel Proof with 20% Russell's Reserve 10 year, you get an approximation of Russell's Reserve 15 year thats $400/bottle........
THATS A HARD NOPE! I now have both of these in stock now tho!

I like the RR 10 year. Its a good value at $35-$40 bottle for sure. It has a pretty decent nose, not overly complex tho. This will sound weird, but it has a bit of lacquer thinner smell to it. For those who didnt paint cars back in the 80's, lacquer paint had a pleasant smell to it and the thinner had a sweet smell to it. The taste is pretty sweet and a bit smokey. Very smooth. There's also a faint hint of something that reminds me of a good Irish Whisky like Writers Tears or Red Breast. The more I've been sipping on it an analyzing it, the more it reminds me of Writers Tears Copper Pot.

The WT SB Barrel Proof is $55 to $60 and it's got a fantastic nose!It tastes pretty good too. I think it's fair priced at $60 but it could use a bit more sweetness to combat just a bit of bitterness on the finish. It has a pleasant tobacco like taste. It doesnt have anything in the taste that reminds me of Irish Whisky. This has a pure American Bourbon taste!

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview