The best topic

Replies: 6951
Total votes: : 3

Last post: May 01, 2024, 01:57:41 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Brent

Lokmars Whiskey/Whisky Review

Started by Lokmar, April 23, 2024, 01:15:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 9 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Lokmar

More to come.

Dont like it, dont agree? Go fuck yourself in the asshole with a hot poker until you're right.

DKG

Agree Agree x 1 View List

Oliver the Second

Quote from: DKG on April 23, 2024, 07:11:07 AMGlenlivet fifteen year old single malt Scotch. :thumbup2:

That's a damn fine scotch. It'll toughen you up!

Winner Winner x 1 View List

Lokmar

My go to's are:
Jack Daniels
Gentleman Jack Daniels
Woodford Reserve
Red Breast 12 yr
Writers Tears

My go aways are:
Jim Beam
Ezra Brooks
Benchmark

Lokmar

Quote from: DKG on April 23, 2024, 07:11:07 AMGlenlivet fifteen year old single malt Scotch. :thumbup2:

I got a high dollar Scotch Flight in Vegas a few years ago and I just dont like the stuff. It all has a combo flowery/peet taste I  dont like. Maybe I'll have to try a few more some time. I think they were all Glennsomethingorothers.

I wasnt much of an Irish Whisky fan either until I tried Writers Tears and Red Breast. Tullamore Dew was too much peet or whatever that distinct Irish Whisky flavor is.

DKG

Quote from: Lokmar on April 24, 2024, 10:00:21 AMI got a high dollar Scotch Flight in Vegas a few years ago and I just dont like the stuff. It all has a combo flowery/peet taste I  dont like. Maybe I'll have to try a few more some time. I think they were all Glennsomethingorothers.

I wasnt much of an Irish Whisky fan either until I tried Writers Tears and Red Breast. Tullamore Dew was too much peet or whatever that distinct Irish Whisky flavor is.
I have a bottle of Paddy in the cupboard. I prefer my fifteen year old single malt Scotch.

Lokmar

Quote from: DKG on April 25, 2024, 09:40:17 AMI have a bottle of Paddy in the cupboard. I prefer my fifteen year old single malt Scotch.

I've never tried Paddy. It looks pretty cheap tho. Most anything below $30/bottle is pretty dicey IMO.

For example, I bought a bottle of Benchmark for $24 and it was shit. I bought Buffalo Trace for $25 and it was way better.

Anything under $19/bottle is usually best for toilet cleaning.
Informative Informative x 1 View List

Dove

Quote from: Lokmar on April 24, 2024, 09:56:59 AMMy go to's are:
Jack Daniels
Gentleman Jack Daniels
Woodford Reserve
Red Breast 12 yr
Writers Tears

My go aways are:
Jim Beam
Ezra Brooks
Benchmark

A while back we grabbed a large bottle of this cheap CHEAP whisky we found at the liquor store called "Old Crow". It's like 12 bucks a 5th  :crampe:

Looked forward to it all week. It was actually NOT bad at all. It was smooth and had a decent flavor.

My thing is, I like the bite and the after taste matters to me. We were NOT expecting to enjoy this whisky at all. Even still, I would never ever tell anyone "yeah go buy this" lol

We like getting stuff like that for fun lol.

We were doing this 3 month subscription where we chose a bottle of whisky/bourbon and would get decent sized samples with it.  I can't remember what it was called.

He is a writer so we definately have the Writers Tears on hand. Woodford Reserve as well.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Lokmar

Quote from: Dove on April 25, 2024, 01:56:07 PMA while back we grabbed a large bottle of this cheap CHEAP whisky we found at the liquor store called "Old Crow". It's like 12 bucks a 5th  :crampe:

Looked forward to it all week. It was actually NOT bad at all. It was smooth and had a decent flavor.

My thing is, I like the bite and the after taste matters to me. We were NOT expecting to enjoy this whisky at all. Even still, I would never ever tell anyone "yeah go buy this" lol

We like getting stuff like that for fun lol.

We were doing this 3 month subscription where we chose a bottle of whisky/bourbon and would get decent sized samples with it.  I can't remember what it was called.

He is a writer so we definately have the Writers Tears on hand. Woodford Reserve as well.

My grandma drank 10 High and water and I would mix her drinks since I was 12 and would taste test em. My step tads brother drank Old Fitzgerald with soda (or sodee as they said in Missurah) and I drank the same down there when I could. I bet I could still drink both and they would remind me of my childhood.

Dove

Quote from: Lokmar on April 25, 2024, 02:05:29 PMMy grandma drank 10 High and water and I would mix her drinks since I was 12 and would taste test em. My step tads brother drank Old Fitzgerald with soda (or sodee as they said in Missurah) and I drank the same down there when I could. I bet I could still drink both and they would remind me of my childhood.

My grandma always kept a bottle of blackberry brandy in her dresser drawer and I used to sneak sips. The smell of the stiff reminds me of that.

She had it for medicinal purposes, of course. And my grandmother was kind of fundi...pentecostal and raised me in that so drunkenness was very frowned upon.

Lokmar

Quote from: Dove on April 25, 2024, 02:21:08 PMMy grandma always kept a bottle of blackberry brandy in her dresser drawer and I used to sneak sips. The smell of the stiff reminds me of that.

She had it for medicinal purposes, of course. And my grandmother was kind of fundi...pentecostal and raised me in that so drunkenness was very frowned upon.

You might like that Crown Royal Blackberry! IF you can find it!!!

Dove

Quote from: Lokmar on April 25, 2024, 02:38:32 PMYou might like that Crown Royal Blackberry! IF you can find it!!!

I bet my man could find it.

Crown Royal blackberry? I'm curious!

Lokmar

Quote from: Dove on April 25, 2024, 02:46:16 PMI bet my man could find it.

Crown Royal blackberry? I'm curious!

I had it at a local bar mixed with lemonade. It was real good in spite of their lemonade being shit.

Dove

Quote from: Lokmar on April 25, 2024, 03:46:11 PMI had it at a local bar mixed with lemonade. It was real good in spite of their lemonade being shit.

He is looking for it now  :drunk2:

Lokmar

Red Breast 12 Year Irish Whisky:

This shit is my GOLD STANDARD for which all other Irish Whiskeys are measured!!!

Pretty mild on the peat. Nearly no burn in the throat or when it reaches your stomach. If I was gonna get drunk as hell fast, I could slug this shit down straight!

Generally, its $70/bottle. Sometimes I can get it for $66.

If you buy this and cannot drink it, you should simply kill yourself. Thats how fucking stupid you, your life, and your very existence are. FACT!
Winner Winner x 1 View List

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview