The best topic

Replies: 6955
Total votes: : 3

Last post: May 03, 2024, 08:42:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

Lokmars Whiskey/Whisky Review

Started by Lokmar, April 23, 2024, 01:15:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 18 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Lokmar

Quote from: Dove on April 25, 2024, 07:42:10 PMHe is looking for it now  :drunk2:

Good luck to him!! Shit is about unobtainium down here. About $25 retail, I actually found some in a haji owned liquor store for $69. Fuck that!

Lokmar

Angels Envy

Not much on the nose. sort of basic bitch

This stuff is smooth!!!! No real burn. Clean finish. Its got some kind of smoke...almost, maybe like scotch? I cant nail it.

Has a bit of lingering after taste. Not unpleasant but not something I'd crave.

I'd buy again for the smoothness alone. The taste profile doesnt do a lot for me. I'm slightly negative, SLIGHTLY, on the taste profile. Its got a nice balance though. Its not too strong/weak start, midway, or finish.

I previously mixed this with soda and it was good. Thats probably heresy tho. I'm a pretty major heretical when it comes to mixing whiskey.

Herman

I drink Crown Royal and even Golden Wedding. I aint into pricey booze.

Lokmar

Quote from: Herman on April 25, 2024, 08:47:33 PMI drink Crown Royal and even Golden Wedding. I aint into pricey booze.

Cheapness isnt my problem with Crown Royal for the most part. Its usually too sweet for me.

That Blackberry tho is awesome in lemonade!!!

Frood

Quote from: Lokmar on April 25, 2024, 08:45:30 PMAngels Envy

Not much on the nose. sort of basic bitch

This stuff is smooth!!!! No real burn. Clean finish. Its got some kind of smoke...almost, maybe like scotch? I cant nail it.

Has a bit of lingering after taste. Not unpleasant but not something I'd crave.

I'd buy again for the smoothness alone. The taste profile doesnt do a lot for me. I'm slightly negative, SLIGHTLY, on the taste profile. Its got a nice balance though. Its not too strong/weak start, midway, or finish.

I previously mixed this with soda and it was good. Thats probably heresy tho. I'm a pretty major heretical when it comes to mixing whiskey.

Whiskey should be drunk from the bottle.
Blahhhhhh...

Dove

Quote from: Lokmar on April 25, 2024, 08:28:48 PMGood luck to him!! Shit is about unobtainium down here. About $25 retail, I actually found some in a haji owned liquor store for $69. Fuck that!

He said he ordered it.

I didn't ask what he paid. I avoid doing that with him. If I do ask, he will give me a look that makes me weak in the knees and puts me in my place lol.
Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Herman

Dove

Quote from: Frood on April 25, 2024, 08:58:27 PMWhiskey should be drunk from the bottle.

I used to have a flask. Given to me by my man here, back when I was 17. I had it for a few decades.

I'd drink scotch out of it. I felt SO cool lol

Lokmar

Quote from: Dove on April 25, 2024, 09:00:48 PMHe said he ordered it.

I didn't ask what he paid. I avoid doing that with him. If I do ask, he will give me a look that makes me weak in the knees and puts me in my place lol.

Let me tell you, HE LOVES YOU!!!!! He fukin paid out the ass for it!!! I bet $50 or more.
Love Love x 1 View List

Lokmar

Herman

The old lady is Mongolian. She can drink like a fish just like most Mongolians. She likes her vodka.

Lokmar

Quote from: Herman on April 25, 2024, 09:09:15 PMThe old lady is Mongolian. She can drink like a fish just like most Mongolians. She likes her vodka.

Whats good vodka? Not the cheep swill either.

Dove

Quote from: Lokmar on April 25, 2024, 09:05:56 PMLet me tell you, HE LOVES YOU!!!!! He fukin paid out the ass for it!!! I bet $50 or more.

Absolutely no one in my life has ever loved me like he does.

I'm very careful with what I ask for or say I want because he never says no. Or passes up a chance to get something I want.

I said I wanted a pasta maker....I caught him checking out pasta makers lol.

I have him on my bank account. He has unfettered access to anything that's mine and he can use it for whatever he wants. I tell him all the time to take things out of OUR account. He never does  :Doh2:
Winner Winner x 1 View List

DKG

Quote from: Lokmar on April 25, 2024, 11:13:01 AMI've never tried Paddy. It looks pretty cheap tho. Most anything below $30/bottle is pretty dicey IMO.

For example, I bought a bottle of Benchmark for $24 and it was shit. I bought Buffalo Trace for $25 and it was way better.

Anything under $19/bottle is usually best for toilet cleaning.
Paddy is hard to find where I live. I think I paid about forty five bucks Canadian for it.  Tullamore Dew is the most commone Irish whisky sold around here. But, Scotch is so much better.

Lokmar

Quote from: DKG on April 26, 2024, 10:33:18 AMPaddy is hard to find where I live. I think I paid about forty five bucks Canadian for it.  Tullamore Dew is the most commone Irish whisky sold around here. But, Scotch is so much better.

Yea, I dont like Tullamore Dew. To me, its bottom of the barrel. Writers Tears is way way way better.

I've seen Paddy's at the local Binny's. Its $21US/750ml whatever that is Canadian. Maybe I'll buy a bottle and do a head to head against Red Breast and Writers Tears.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview