The best topic

Replies: 10360
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:55:08 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Lokmars Whiskey/Whisky Review

Started by Lokmar, April 23, 2024, 01:15:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 15 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Lokmar

Quote from: Herman on September 10, 2024, 08:37:12 PMCanadians Club Rye

I've had Canadian Club, but not the rye. I have to LOL because that sounds like a lot of what I dont like. Rye Whiskey tends to have spice and burn at the back of the pallet which I dont like and Canadian Whiskey tends to be on the too sweet side for me.

To each his own though.

Herman

Quote from: Lokmar on September 10, 2024, 08:44:37 PMI've had Canadian Club, but not the rye. I have to LOL because that sounds like a lot of what I dont like. Rye Whiskey tends to have spice and burn at the back of the pallet which I dont like and Canadian Whiskey tends to be on the too sweet side for me.

To each his own though.
It's cheap and I drink a lot.

Shen Li

Quote from: Lokmar on September 10, 2024, 01:31:44 AMI'll drink Bloody Mary's, fruit drinks with rum, etc, but my go to is whiskey mixed with Real Sugar Pepsi. I also drink Whiskey on the rocks or with water depending.
Fruit juice with rum are the type of drinks I like.

Lokmar

Quote from: Shen Li on September 10, 2024, 10:17:36 PMFruit juice with rum are the type of drinks I like.

I like stuff like that when I'm in Vegas. Its a change. Sadly, too many things change in Vegas. There was a tiki bar at the Imperial Palace that my wife and I liked to frequent and people watch. They had several tropical drinks that we both loved. Its been gone maybe 10 years now.

Shen Li

Quote from: Lokmar on September 10, 2024, 11:03:42 PMI like stuff like that when I'm in Vegas. Its a change. Sadly, too many things change in Vegas. There was a tiki bar at the Imperial Palace that my wife and I liked to frequent and people watch. They had several tropical drinks that we both loved. Its been gone maybe 10 years now.
I thought the Imperial Palace closed.

Lokmar

Quote from: Shen Li on September 10, 2024, 11:09:03 PMI thought the Imperial Palace closed.

It morphed. First it became the Quad, now its the Linq. Still the same-ish shithole.

It managed to become less of an attraction than it was when it was still called the Imperial Palace. The elevators in that place are the absolute worst! You'll wait forever for one and when it gets to you, it'll be packed!

They used to have a car collection/museum that was always great to kill time, now thats gone too. The rooms have always been teeny tiny and pretty much a dump. Hash House A Go Go is the only place I'd consider eating at in the hotel and I dont know if I'd ever hang out at any of the bars. The place is a dump.....well, it was always a dump, but now its a dump without any character.

The last time I stayed there was 2008 because my boss paid for the rooms. I doubt I ever will again. Really, the only attractions in the area are in the promenade space between the Linq and Flamingo. In-N-Out Burger and the High Roller Ferris Wheel are down there.

These days, I have about 4 choices in hotels:
1. Bellagio-this place is the bomb! My wife and I love it and since my mom gets the VIP treatment and has a concierge that she talks to regularly, she gets free rooms and a huge discount on our rooms. You should see the free suite they give my mom! There goes my inheiritance!  :crampe:  Plus, she gets to check in through the VIP lounge where they have their own semi private elevator and they drag us 2 poors along with them.
2. Caesars Augustus Tower- it has a fantastic view no matter where your room is. I like to face the Bellagio Fountains. When we stayed there last, I'd go get the rental car and have my mom, step dad, and wife meet me at the door at the bottom of the tower where you can drive right up to the door. Super convenient. Then we'd drive wherever and valet park. My mom is in her 70's so insisting she let me pick her up and valet everywhere keeps her from getting worn out and cranky.
3. Treasure Island- Not a great place but they have BOGO nights where I get a huge 1000 sq ft suite for about $150/night. Its also walking distance to the Fashion Show Mall.
4. Paris- Has several things to do like the Eiffel Tower and some decent shows usually. Too many faggits for me to stay there much tho. Mon Ami Gabi has patio seating where you can eat and watch the Bellagio Fountains as well as the freaks. The Eiffel Tower Restaurant is pretty awesome too.

I used to really like Luxor but it's become a dirty and broken down dump. They need to shut it down and remodel. The inclinator/elevators are a cool ride up to the rooms. My mom tells me that when it opened in the 90's, it was way cooler!

I think I want to stay at the Fountainebleu soon. I hear its cool.

Shen Li

It's next to the Flamingo. I liked the mini history museum at the Flamingo.
Informative Informative x 1 View List

Marvin

Quote from: Lokmar on September 10, 2024, 07:55:47 PMIf you want something Irish, I'd recommend Red Breast 12 year on the rocks.

I also like Writers Tears. Dont get the double oaked tho.
Store was too busy to concentrate with all the dinosaurs roaming, knocking people down so I just said fuck it and picked up a 40 of Jameson and some beer. A bit of heat wave coming so beer is essential to have around
Thanks for the recommend. Had only a couple bottles of that before vaguely remember liking. Maybe next time though. Never had the double oak. Something about OAK makes me wanna puke. Don't know why.. lol

Lokmar

Quote from: Marvin on September 11, 2024, 03:25:52 PMStore was too busy to concentrate with all the dinosaurs roaming, knocking people down so I just said fuck it and picked up a 40 of Jameson and some beer. A bit of heat wave coming so beer is essential to have around
Thanks for the recommend. Had only a couple bottles of that before vaguely remember liking. Maybe next time though. Never had the double oak. Something about OAK makes me wanna puke. Don't know why.. lol

The Writers Tears Copper Pot is good. One of my kids likes Jameson.

Lab Flaker

Quote from: Lokmar on September 11, 2024, 04:07:58 PMThe Writers Tears Copper Pot is good. One of my kids likes Jameson.

Not to go too much outside the realm of whiskey, but did you ever appreciate a good rum?

Lokmar

Quote from: Lab Flaker on September 11, 2024, 08:57:32 PMNot to go too much outside the realm of whiskey, but did you ever appreciate a good rum?

I have a bottle of Bacardi Ocho on hand. All rums have a chemical taste to me. This one is certainly smooth though! Has an average dark rum smell. Very smooth on the pallet. No burn going down.

I'm just not a big fan of that dark rum taste.

I've read that Mount Gay is supposed to be good. Never tried it. That name is off putting!  :crampe:

Lab Flaker

I'm not a big fan of the more pricier rums or even the more moderately priced rums like The Kraken Black, but rather the fair-priced ol' Captain Morgan Spiced Rum. That drop makes me feel like a fair dinkum bloody pirate! Lol

Here's a little Australian trivia for you. The first and only military coup in Australia: The Rum Rebellion. Enjoy...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rum_Rebellion#:~:text=Australia's%20first%20and%20only%20military,Australia%20as%20the%20Great%20Rebellion.

Marvin

Quote from: Lokmar on September 11, 2024, 09:19:00 PMI've read that Mount Gay is supposed to be good. Never tried it. That name is off putting!  :crampe:
No doubt one of Adm. to lure YOU back to his place lol. Mainly to entice the kiddies though.. some of that would knock em out.. Sick fucking depraved cock sucker that he is has hundreds if not thousands of victims I just wanna use that motherfucker as target practice. Guns, knives, even darts just wanna torture that fucker on a board until I die.
Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

DKG

Quote from: Herman on September 10, 2024, 08:13:52 PMI pace myself. I don't really get hangovers.
I savour the flavour. I am not a power drinker. I have food with alcohol too.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview