The best topic

Replies: 7025
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 01:28:44 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Moral question

Started by Biggie Smiles, April 25, 2024, 10:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 10 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Would you kill baby Hitler if you were certain it was baby Hitler?

Yes
6 (46.2%)
No
7 (53.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Frood

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on April 26, 2024, 06:24:12 PMAgain, just to be clear, I wouldn't go back in time to kill a baby hilter as this would have drastic consequences to the present. if the present becomes a reality at all in such a circumstance

and the more I ask myself how I am any different than the creators of the system referenced in Minority report the more I am unable to reconcile this position with positions I've held since a young adult. It certainly seemed they had very credible data to support their assertions too. Lots of cases where it worked flawlessly. Until it didn't

and therein lies the conundrum.

Benjamin Franklin once said "it is better a hundred guilty persons should escape than one innocent person should suffer."

and I have always believed in that principle. To this day. Which is why I am so throughly disgusted with what I am seeing being done to Trump. Not because I like the guy. I'd be equally disgusted were it happening to Obama all circumstances being equal. It's not for the individual but the process.

My dad was born in 45. His father was a POW in the Phillipines.

Killing baby Hitler would be killing myself.
Blahhhhhh...

caskur

Quote from: DKG on April 26, 2024, 11:39:36 AMNo, people can change.

I am not going to sit around waiting for a monster who killed millions to change.

They are going to die.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Moonie on April 26, 2024, 06:36:01 PMI think he's funny as shit.  I laugh my ass off. And I don't care he says what he says I'm sorry if that's what you or anyone thought. I agree with what you say for the most part.

I was referring to something else really. 

I know that. I just used it as an opportunity to demonstrate how hypocritical those vermin shitbags on the left are

I'll take Lokmar over rodents like Murdock, lily, lotusbud and Admong any day of the week.

deadskinmask

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on April 26, 2024, 12:05:03 PMwho you kidding? Let a black man try to marry one of your two daughters and watch how fast the truth comes on out.

i agree with most all of your post except this part.... liberals don't give a fuck about kids.... yours or theirs.... they will full-on kill em, vaccinate em, fuck em and/or mutilate em.... and they will certainly marry them to a black man for social credit.... look at how many groom their own children to be trans.... if you want to expose their hypocrisy, you gotta affect them personally.... like filling their "gated community" with illegals....

deadskinmask

i know this is a hypothetical question and just for kicks or whatever.... but i should remind yall that you're allegedly the "same brand of conservatives" who stand against red flag laws and fight against the system thats trying to prosecute "thought crimes".... most of you claim to have christian values as well.... so this same group of ppl are willing to overlook "thou shall not kill" and "judge not lest ye be judged" and go back in time to kill a baby over what it might potentially do? thats ironic as fuck....  :crampe:

Herman

Quote from: deadskinmask on April 26, 2024, 10:03:15 PMi know this is a hypothetical question and just for kicks or whatever.... but i should remind yall that you're allegedly the "same brand of conservatives" who stand against red flag laws and fight against the system thats trying to prosecute "thought crimes".... most of you claim to have christian values as well.... so this same group of ppl are willing to overlook "thou shall not kill" and "judge not lest ye be judged" and go back in time to kill a baby over what it might potentially do? thats ironic as fuck....  :crampe:
I aint a religious guy myself. But, a question was asked. We all know we aint ever going to know the future, so the original question is a moot point.

Logic Sandwich

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on April 26, 2024, 09:44:28 AMYou make excellent points and based on my unclear post I can see why you thought I meant going back in time. To which I would wholeheartedly agree it's a huge mistake to make any attempt at changing the past

what I really mean, which I did not communicate clearly, is that if you were certain you were killing the baby Hitler and you were a real time resident of that era ie 1889 would you kill him?

Or likewise, a modern day comparable. It is completely understood and accepted that baby X is the next Hitler, the entire world knows it but YOU are the only person on this planet with the ability to kill this baby? Would you do it?

I would. Without a second thought.
Ah.

I still wouldn't. Not without understanding the full consequences first at any rate. I may be setting the stage for far worse otherwise and I'm not prepared to have that weight on my shoulders. As I indicated on the previous page, the emergence of a Hitler had its positive effects as well as its negatives and without the superpower of omniscience I cannot in all good conscience make that decision for the rest of you.

I also cannot hold this hypothetical Baby Hitler responsible for whatever it is that happens to him/her while leaving those that did it to Baby Hitler to go unpunished. Consider; Adolph Hitler would never have become who he was without the unrestrained expansionalism and imperialism that was being practiced for centuries before he put brush to canvas. The US's decision to enter WW1 was responsible in part too... and that had certainly needed to happen in order for the continued decline of Great Britain to continue, that the US might assume its ultimate place as a superpower. I cannot begin to imagine the killing spree I'd have to embark upon if I were to mete out the death penalty for every last person responsible for making Adolph Hitler who he was and the hypocrisy of killing one person and not the rest would never sit well with me.

So understanding all this and more, my answer must remain in the negative. That's not a hard and fast negative mind you, but it's going to take a lot more than simply the mere knowledge that I held Baby Hitler's life in my hands.

Feel free to watch the Epix / Studio Canal series "The War Of The Worlds" in it's entirety if you need to understand what I mean by that. I won't spoiler it, but keep a close eye on Gabriel Byrne's character, how he develops throughout the two seasons in reaction to the events unfolding about him and what it ultimately causes him to do.

You just might rethink your own certainty on how ready you are to dispose of the Next Great Evil.

Logic Sandwich

Quote from: deadskinmask on April 26, 2024, 10:03:15 PMi know this is a hypothetical question and just for kicks or whatever.... but i should remind yall that you're allegedly the "same brand of conservatives" who stand against red flag laws and fight against the system thats trying to prosecute "thought crimes".... most of you claim to have christian values as well.... so this same group of ppl are willing to overlook "thou shall not kill" and "judge not lest ye be judged" and go back in time to kill a baby over what it might potentially do? thats ironic as fuck....  :crampe:
Quote from: Herman on April 26, 2024, 10:11:46 PMI aint a religious guy myself. But, a question was asked. We all know we aint ever going to know the future, so the original question is a moot point.
Moot or not, it comes down to a question of consistency. I have to side with DSM on this; I see a glaring example of "rules for thee but not for me" in the proposition that any of us should get to play God over the life of another before it had even been lived. Some of you might argue the right to murder one to save many is justified, but it is in fact the exact same logic that is being continually propositioned to disarm and therefore subjugate you to a tyranical government.

I would just as soon not set that precedent myself without intimate and comprehensive knowledge that there really were no other option.

Frood

We are all a slice of stardust on the 3rd rock...
Blahhhhhh...

caskur

Quote from: Herman on April 26, 2024, 09:17:50 PMI did too.

I would rather not let 100 guilty go to save an innocent either...

If it's about numbers, the numbers are going to win every time. If I can prevent death I am going to do it.

These people in this thread have no problem sending young innocent men and women off to war to stand between death and their own families.

Disagree Disagree x 1 View List
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

All you supposed Christians  fear death...  this means 1. you have no idea about what bestows you after death. And 2. Read 1.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

As you said, it is a hypothetical question so can't be done.

And what did Christian America do to stop WWII? Why it dropped 2 nuclear bombs on Japan killing millions of women, children and old people.

The Bible also says there is a time for war and a time for peace...

- Andy Warhol

Frood

Quote from: caskur on April 27, 2024, 08:22:06 AMAs you said, it is a hypothetical question so can't be done.

And what did Christian America do to stop WWII? Why it dropped 2 nuclear bombs on Japan killing millions of women, children and old people.

The Bible also says there is a time for war and a time for peace...

But Japan in war at that point was virtually defeated. They dropped the A bombs to test out the tech and for that reason alone.

It was genocide.
Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List
Blahhhhhh...

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview