The best topic

Replies: 7192
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 05:43:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

Moral question

Started by Biggie Smiles, April 25, 2024, 10:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Would you kill baby Hitler if you were certain it was baby Hitler?

Yes
6 (46.2%)
No
7 (53.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Biggie Smiles

The flood of Noah was technically a genocide too

Sometimes the whole clan gotta go

My enemy is my enemy and his kids are nothing more than future enemies more often than not

My heart doesn't bleed for any of them.  There is no such thing as a civilian in war time.  Everyone contributed to the advancement of the war effort in one way or another

caskur

The bombs stopped the war and as far as I am concerned that was a win.

The Japanese in those days were pure savages.

They murdered 200 nurses in Darwin Australia.. who the fuck murders 200 nurses? If I could go back in time and prevent WW2 I am going to do that in a flash.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on April 27, 2024, 10:15:28 AMThe flood of Noah was technically a genocide too

My enemy is my enemy and his kids are nothing more than future enemies more often than not

My heart doesn't bleed for any of them.  There is no such thing as a civilian in war time.  Everyone contributed to the advancement of the war effort in one way or another

Ecclesiastes 3:7-8 American Standard Version (ASV)
a time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace.

Also going back to the subject on aborting baby Adolf... there is no such thing as an innocent baby although we like to think there is.... all babies are born sinners.

Informative Informative x 1 View List
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Frood

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on April 27, 2024, 10:15:28 AMThe flood of Noah was technically a genocide too

Would you slaughter the newborn bubs of your enemies?
Blahhhhhh...

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Frood on April 27, 2024, 10:31:35 AMWould you slaughter the newborn bubs of your enemies?

Depends

Anyone old enough to have been indoctrinated with hate towards me or mine would be going tho.

Loose ends bro.  I ain't leaving an opportunity for someone to get back at me decades from now

Now this is the context. I wouldn't ever start such a feud requiring this level of barbarism but I have no problems seeing it to completion. If brought to me unprovoked. No matter how ugly it gets

Logic Sandwich

Quote from: caskur on April 27, 2024, 01:27:34 AMI would rather not let 100 guilty go to save an innocent either...

If it's about numbers, the numbers are going to win every time. If I can prevent death I am going to do it.
People are going to die no matter what. You might very well save a hundred in your murder of one; at the same time you are possibly setting in motion the events that kill thousands or millions that otherwise might have otherwise been long and fruitful lives. You simply do not know the unintended consequences any more than I or anyone else here does.

Ironically, there is one innocent death you assuredly can prevent - namely the little baby Hitler you have sworn to end. Remembering that the events you seek to judge the baby for have yet to be performed and therefore the baby is not guilty of them.

Quote from: caskur on April 27, 2024, 01:27:34 AMThese people in this thread have no problem sending young innocent men and women off to war to stand between death and their own families.
Now I know you're not talking about me. My grandfather and his brothers were all military (Army and Air Force); they made their choice to accept their commissions in the armed forces in an era where it was considered noble to defend the homeland's interests against foreign incursions. After the war had ended, in my grandfather's case this included a stint in Malaya where among his many duties he was responsible for ordering and in some cases piloting patrols to observe and report on maritime vessels in the region and ensuring non Australian vessels were not going to be roaming about Australia's waters with impunity, stealing your father's fish before he could drag them out of the water.

You'll be happy to know that he lived to a ripe old age, buried with full honours for his service to the country. I cannot say that I agreed with all of his choices, but those were his choices to make. I would not make the choice to cede my moral compass to the whims of some government official or I might surely have followed his example and been fanging about the trophosphere in 100 million dollars worth of hardware and creating carbon footprints to really get your greenies screeching.

I decided I had better dreams to chase and I acted accordingly. None of which included demanding others follow my grandfather's example where I would not. I can make great case for an armed force protecting myself and my fellow countrymen; I cannot and will not sign off on an agreement that makes me party to using that same army to go Hulk-Smash in somebody else's backyard.

No, not even for the corpse of the British Empire.

Logic Sandwich

Quote from: caskur on April 27, 2024, 10:27:15 AMEcclesiastes 3:7-8 American Standard Version (ASV)
a time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace.

Also going back to the subject on aborting baby Adolf... there is no such thing as an innocent baby although we like to think there is.... all babies are born sinners.

Pretty harsh judgement there. Exactly what act have any of them committed that they need to be judged and by you of all people?

You do know you were a baby once too, do you not? Just checking.

This is one of the areas where the church and I fall out. A nine month old entity, coccooned in the confines of its mother's belly and with no resources other than those provided it via its mother's placenta is not, in my opinion, in a position to do very much at all. That includes sinning. Unless you're gearing up to tell me that in the absence of anything to keep it otherwise occupied so it spends its days masturbating like a champion (I know the church takes a dim view of those practices) but even then, what options are you giving it exactly? It's not like I see mother stuffing Fischer & Paykel playsets up their spadges for Junior to get a head start or anything.

You can cite Ecclesiastes all you like, that infant's "time" is to develop and be nurtured to... what exactly? Get squeezed out of the birth canal, helpless, terrified and crying into a cold and uncaring world to be told "YOU'RE GUILTY" from the moment the hospital lights blind its eyeballs.

That doesn't sound like the doings of a caring and benevolent God to me.... it sounds more like the actions of a raving lunatic.

Frood

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on April 27, 2024, 10:56:02 AMDepends

Anyone old enough to have been indoctrinated with hate towards me or mine would be going tho.

Loose ends bro.  I ain't leaving an opportunity for someone to get back at me decades from now

Now this is the context. I wouldn't ever start such a feud requiring this level of barbarism but I have no problems seeing it to completion. If brought to me unprovoked. No matter how ugly it gets

But would you kill newborn babies and toddlers?
Blahhhhhh...

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Frood on April 27, 2024, 11:53:37 AMBut would you kill newborn babies and toddlers?
Only if I was certain that baby or toddler would one day come back to harm me or mine.

Herman

Quote from: caskur on April 27, 2024, 01:27:34 AMI would rather not let 100 guilty go to save an innocent either...

If it's about numbers, the numbers are going to win every time. If I can prevent death I am going to do it.

These people in this thread have no problem sending young innocent men and women off to war to stand between death and their own families.

It don't matter because we will never have such knowlewdge about a person when they are babies. We can say any crazy thing we want.

caskur

Quote from: Logic Sandwich on April 27, 2024, 11:23:25 AMPretty harsh judgement there. Exactly what act have any of them committed that they need to be judged and by you of all people?

Every Christian knows every baby is a sinner... they know this from their Bibles if they read them.

I didn't invent the concept it was known 1000s of year before I was born.

If you have an issue with that, see God, not me.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: Herman on April 27, 2024, 09:46:17 PMIt don't matter because we will never have such knowlewdge about a person when they are babies. We can say any crazy thing we want.

The Bible says that God thinks more of a person who dies in old age because of their good journey than the young.

I'll go look for the exact scripture and post it later.

Oh dear... just look at what I have to plough through just to show you what God thinks of the elderly...

How does God view the elderly?

Old age is God's reward for godliness (Ex 20:12 [Eph 6:2-3]; Deut 30:19-20). Being buried at "a good old age and full of years" is a sign of divine favor (Gen 15:13-15; cf. Job 42:16; 1 Chron 29:28; Ps 128:5-6).5 Dec 2020
- Andy Warhol

Logic Sandwich

Quote from: caskur on April 28, 2024, 02:09:48 AMEvery Christian knows every baby is a sinner... they know this from their Bibles if they read them.

I didn't invent the concept it was known 1000s of year before I was born.

If you have an issue with that, see God, not me.
I think the bigger issue here is the notion of differential enforcement. If you are prepared to kill baby Hitler for his sin and every baby is sinful from birth, then why not the wholesale slaughter of all newborns? The mighty Caskur, long having forsaken her handwringing over middle eastern massacres and scourging sin in maternity wards across the globe.

You know the biblical excuse of "well all babies are sinful" is worthless in this context, as do I. That's why you aren't cooling your heels in a cell as a Hitler yourself.

caskur

And Sodom and Gomorrah...

10 righteous could not be found...if they could, Sodom and Gomorrah would not have been destroyed.
Agree Agree x 1 View List
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: Logic Sandwich on April 28, 2024, 02:25:48 AMI think the bigger issue here is the notion of differential enforcement. If you are prepared to kill baby Hitler for his sin and every baby is sinful from birth, then why not the wholesale slaughter of all newborns? The mighty Caskur, long having forsaken her handwringing over middle eastern massacres and scourging sin in maternity wards across the globe.

You know the biblical excuse of "well all babies are sinful" is worthless in this context, as do I. That's why you aren't cooling your heels in a cell as a Hitler yourself.

Excuse me Sir Imbecile, I answered the hypothetical first post and explained why I did and do not budge or need to answer anymore, "what ifs". God is perfectly able to resurrect any person who dies unjustly and promises that he will.

John 5:28-30

28  Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice+ 29  and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.+ 30  I cannot do a single thing of my own initiative. Just as I hear, I judge, and my judgment is righteous+ because I seek, not my own will, but the will of him who sent me.+
- Andy Warhol

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview