The best topic

Replies: 7318
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 01:39:47 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

Why I definitely think the Liberals are headed for a massive defeat in the Next Election

Started by JOE, April 29, 2024, 04:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

JOE

This...

....announcing a huge tax increase of any kind right before an election?

C'mon, get real Liberals.

You aint gonna last much longer with policies like that.

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on April 29, 2024, 04:40:18 PMThis...

You stupid fuckers should have assassinated that cunt years ago!!!

Sweet Jeebus! 50% tax outright? OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!!! 67%? Best get to it quicker!!!

Kingoffrogs

Biggie Smiles

YOu're not understanding the bigger picture yet are you?

Not surprising.

These fuckheads are doing this out in the open because they know something that YOU and the average person like you doesn't. THat this idea YOU have a say and/or choice electing those that lead is just an illusion. They've already got the action plan to get this to retain power NO MATTER what he does.

TheProwler

That will not affect you, Senile Joe.

It will not affect many people.

Shit, it will only affect me if I have a really good year with my investments.  And it only increase the tax on Capital Gains earned over and above $250,000.

TheProwler

Quote from: Lokmar on April 29, 2024, 05:59:57 PMYou stupid fuckers should have assassinated that cunt years ago!!!

Sweet Jeebus! 50% tax outright? OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!!! 67%? Best get to it quicker!!!

That video is misleading.

Historically, Capital Gains have only been taxed at 50% of the rate as regular income.  So if you made $X in Capital Gains, you were taxed as if you have regular income of $X/2.  Say your marginal tax rate was 30%.  This would mean the effective tax rate on Capitals Gains was 15%.

This new rate of 67% is only applied on Capital Gains realized over $250K.  Anything before that is still taxed at 50% of the tax rate you will pay on regular income.

In my province, the highest marginal tax rate (for provincial plus federal income tax) is 46.16%.  So the most a person will pay on Capital gains is 23.08% on the first $250K, and 30.92% on the amount over $250K.

Make sense?
Agree Agree x 1 View List

TheProwler

Agree Agree x 1 Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

DKG

Quote from: TheProwler on April 30, 2024, 03:59:50 AMThat will not affect you, Senile Joe.

It will not affect many people.

Shit, it will only affect me if I have a really good year with my investments.  And it only increase the tax on Capital Gains earned over and above $250,000.
It will affect doctors.

Lokmar

Quote from: TheProwler on April 30, 2024, 04:11:55 AMThat video is misleading.

Historically, Capital Gains have only been taxed at 50% of the rate as regular income.  So if you made $X in Capital Gains, you were taxed as if you have regular income of $X/2.  Say your marginal tax rate was 30%.  This would mean the effective tax rate on Capitals Gains was 15%.

This new rate of 67% is only applied on Capital Gains realized over $250K.  Anything before that is still taxed at 50% of the tax rate you will pay on regular income.

In my province, the highest marginal tax rate (for provincial plus federal income tax) is 46.16%.  So the most a person will pay on Capital gains is 23.08% on the first $250K, and 30.92% on the amount over $250K.

Make sense?

Yes, that is a much different situation. So at 67% of 46.16%, it would be 30.92% actual taxation.

Here, they're talking about making it 44% overall and there's talk about taxing unrealized gains. If they do, people will say "fuck investing!"

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on April 30, 2024, 09:23:13 AMHere, they're talking about making it 44% overall and there's talk about taxing unrealized gains. If they do, people will say "fuck investing!"

Actually L okmeer,  that's what many of its critics here have pointed out. And it's just a disguised form of an inheritance tax which may well discourage further investment.

Even this former leftist politician points this out:

Plus...Trudeau and his guv spent so much time overimmigrating too many immigrants and now the Bill's have to be paid to accommodate them.

I gotta admit as a moderate liberal I think Trudeau is an idiot.

Way too impulsive. He doesn't think things thru.

Plus he legalized many street drugs and now the drug problem in Canada is getting worse.

I wouldn't mind if he got the boot.
Informative Informative x 1 View List

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on April 30, 2024, 12:05:38 PMActually L okmeer,  that's what many of its critics here have pointed out. And it's just a disguised form of an inheritance tax which may well discourage further investment.

Even this former leftist politician points this out:

Plus...Trudeau and his guv spent so much time overimmigrating too many immigrants and now the Bill's have to be paid to accommodate them.

I gotta admit as a moderate liberal I think Trudeau is an idiot.

Way too impulsive. He doesn't think things thru.

Plus he legalized many street drugs and now the drug problem in Canada is getting worse.

I wouldn't mind if he got the boot.

I hate government so much, I'd take cash money and buy metals, even if the metals went down, just to prevent future taxation by the government. When they ask if I have gold and silver? Nope, not a single oz!
Informative Informative x 1 View List

Brent

Quote from: Lokmar on April 30, 2024, 01:19:12 PMI hate government so much, I'd take cash money and buy metals, even if the metals went down, just to prevent future taxation by the government. When they ask if I have gold and silver? Nope, not a single oz!
You are still replying to Joe. :crazy:

JOE

Quote from: Brent on April 30, 2024, 01:49:03 PMYou are still replying to Joe. :crazy:

Actually avatar_Brent rent, I'm doin' the same as L okmeer.

I've been steadily buyin' gold 'n silver too.

since you said you get this fat pension and a sizeable retirement fund you oughta think about socking some of it away in precious metals instead of fake money/fiat currency, eh?

I saw this one video recently where at the rate the Canadian dollar is goin, it could well be worth only .50 cents in 10 years. Especially the way the government is pilin up so much debt.

For this reason, I'm reluctant to save in Canadian dollars, eh.

Lokmar

Frood

Quote from: JOE on April 30, 2024, 02:03:20 PMActually avatar_Brent rent, I'm doin' the same as L okmeer.

I've been steadily buyin' gold 'n silver too.

since you said you get this fat pension and a sizeable retirement fund you oughta think about socking some of it away in precious metals instead of fake money/fiat currency, eh?

I saw this one video recently where at the rate the Canadian dollar is goin, it could well be worth only .50 cents in 10 years. Especially the way the government is pilin up so much debt.

For this reason, I'm reluctant to save in Canadian dollars, eh.

Shush, Hetero Incel Jo Jo.

If you can't shush, get T to plug your blowhole with his conservative god rod.
Blahhhhhh...